Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Battle of the Garcias in the works... :)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Battle of the Garcias in the works... :)

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2019/05...31-on-fox-ppv/

"Mikey Garcia vs. Danny Garcia in the works for Aug.31 on FOX PPV"

Now THIS would be a terrific fight... And if it's on Fox PPV, you can bet I'll be sitting there at the opening bell. Surprised Mikey still wants to hang around 147, but then again he had said he would. I guess this is the cue for the inevitable torrent of "Oh... woe is me... everybody's ducking Crawford. Why aren't the best fighting the best.... blah, blah, blah." I'll just sit back and enjoy the fight. Just happy there's such a profusion of talent at welter. Sooner or later they'll all fight each other, and we'll be enjoying great boxing for years to come.

Right off the bat, I'd have to favor Danny, although Mikey can never be counted out. Spence thoroughly dominated him... but that doesn't mean it'll translate equally to Danny. I'm just happy it isn't on DAZN.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Battle of the Garcias in the works... :)

Very interesting fight. I dont get Mikey staying at 147 either, although Danny came up from lightweight himself and doesnt have the ability Spence does. Guess Id pick Mikey due to having the better skills and feet by a stretch, but if he really cant hurt Danny and he has to stick and move constantly at this weight, he might tire late and walk into something. Hell he might walk into something anyways if he doesnt carry the weight any better or doubts himself, quite an ask to take this right after such a comprehensive loss in his first outing there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, there are quite a few good fights at 140 for Mikey. Staying at 147 makes no sense. He already proved that he can’t hang with the best up there. No reason to stay there.

With that said, I actually think he beats Danny. Danny I don’t think will be able to catch Mikey with his usual counters. Mikey moves too much. Mikey doesn’t need to hurt him to have success. He just needs to frustrate him and keep moving.

I honestly think that Mikey is ruining his career at this point though. Even if he beats Danny, where does he go? He can’t beat Spence obviously. It’s a long shot to beat Crawford. 140 has solid guys and a tournament going on right now that he could easily fight the winner. He could fight Ramirez then the winner of the tournament and become the legit champ at 140. I just don’t get it.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll go with Mikey. I think it's a pretty good fight to make.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised Mikey's staying at 147 , because he looked small in comparison and a bit fleshy. Obviously Spence is big for the weight , and the differential with DSG might not be so bad. But Mikey can't afford to lose because it puts him in a bad place.
    No doubting Mikey's courage and willingness to fight good guys, IMO he's making some strange choices.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Now THIS would be a terrific fight... And if it's on Fox PPV, you can bet I'll be sitting there at the opening bell. Surprised Mikey still wants to hang around 147, but then again he had said he would. I guess this is the cue for the inevitable torrent of "Oh... woe is me... everybody's ducking Crawford. Why aren't the best fighting the best.... blah, blah, blah." I'll just sit back and enjoy the fight. Just happy there's such a profusion of talent at welter. Sooner or later they'll all fight each other, and we'll be enjoying great boxing for years to come.

Right off the bat, I'd have to favor Danny, although Mikey can never be counted out. Spence thoroughly dominated him... but that doesn't mean it'll translate equally to Danny. I'm just happy it isn't on DAZN.
    I get you’re trying to pick a fight but you’re doing it quite clumsily. Mikey and Danny did fight the best. They proved they are not the best. But feel free to trip all over your thoughts in future threads as well, it’s fun.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does this fight mean in the grand scheme of things? Nothing. It helps none of them!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    What does this fight mean in the grand scheme of things? Nothing. It helps none of them!
    I think it helps the winner. and hey, they have to fight someone so why not each other. Mikey is coming off a loss, it looks like Thurman and Pac are fighting each other next , there's talk of Porter and Spence fighting each other next , so I'm not sure who else they fight?
    admittedly I think Mikey should drop down , but that's up to him . and DSG can't make more money fighting anyone else so it's a no brainer for him .
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hate to be that guy but sort of feel about this exactly like the Spence fight. Just don't like Mikey at 147 and based on being completely shut down there it feels like he's trying to take short cuts to "greatness" and shortening career. That wasn't totally a size deal it was skill and pop. Wouldn't be shocked to see Danny stop him late with body work if I'm honest.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I get you’re trying to pick a fight but you’re doing it quite clumsily. Mikey and Danny did fight the best. They proved they are not the best. But feel free to trip all over your thoughts in future threads as well, it’s fun.

And you took the bait. Hook, line... and sinker. Just goes to show how predictability continues to rear its ugly head.

Thread Information