Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Training every day?

Does anyone on here train every day of the week? I have been doing a one day on one day off routine, to allow my body to rest and grow after the training. however im always itching to train on the rest day, but im scared ill overdo it.

i have heard stories of people training for upto 6 hours everyday.

i understand that rest is just as, if not more, important than the training. but is a good nights sleep enough for the muscles to grow and repair? i doubt this - thats why i train with a day inbetween.

wats ur views?

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Training every day?

Unless you're taking illegal substances I wouldn't recommend it, lol. I'm not sure what type of training you're talking about though. In this instance I'm talking about weight training. I personally work upper body (mon, fri) and legs (weds) with cardio (tues, thurs, sat)... The next week I switch it to legs (mon, fri) and upper body (weds). It gives my muscles plenty of time to do their thing. I know people who do work out everyday (or at least 6 days a week) but their working out one or two body parts a day, which works well considering their only hitting each group twice a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Entragian
    Unless you're taking illegal substances I wouldn't recommend it, lol. I'm not sure what type of training you're talking about though. In this instance I'm talking about weight training. I personally work upper body (mon, fri) and legs (weds) with cardio (tues, thurs, sat)... The next week I switch it to legs (mon, fri) and upper body (weds). It gives my muscles plenty of time to do their thing. I know people who do work out everyday (or at least 6 days a week) but their working out one or two body parts a day, which works well considering their only hitting each group twice a week.
    That is almost axacly what I waz going to tell him antill I saw that u wrote that. Yea I train 6 days a week some times twice a day depending on how I'm feeling and every thing and it is like he said maltiple body parts in a day not just one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Medina

Does anyone on here train every day of the week? I have been doing a one day on one day off routine, to allow my body to rest and grow after the training. however im always itching to train on the rest day, but im scared ill overdo it.

i have heard stories of people training for upto 6 hours everyday.

i understand that rest is just as, if not more, important than the training. but is a good nights sleep enough for the muscles to grow and repair? i doubt this - thats why i train with a day inbetween.

wats ur views?

thanks.
    If you're talking about boxing, then yeah; you can train about every other day (somethings it's alright to do every day, like shadowboxing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks for the advice ppl.

how bout bagwork?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would do bag work every other day or once every 2 days. (Doing them every day can damage your knuckles over the years).

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My personal method was to train daily, to run 3 times a week. When I got older my routine was to spend 4 evenings a week 3-4 hours nightly, training others, then do my deal after. That was about 40 minutes or so and I did it 7 days a week. But my routine was probably much different than what is typical among those on this forum; it was rarely more than 45 minutes and it was divided between shadow-boxing, heavy-bag, speed bag etc...I began each day with 20 minutes or so of stretching exercises, and calisthenics.
    I don't know specifically what you are training to achieve, or what your regimen (spelling?) involves, and in general, after what I've read here, I think many ofyou are training too much. To train to box a brisk hour, working sharp, 5 days a week is plenty. That doesn't include roadwork but 3-4 miles 3 times per week is good and you can sharpen up for a match in a couple weeks by running "rounds"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I train 5-6 days a week.
    go for a 20 min fast paced run, hit the bag and 20 mins of weight circuits or pressups.

its very important to take at least one day off to completely rest and enjoy the food who wouldnt eat the other days

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you eat less on the days you train compared to the days you don't? Thats crazy... Your body needs more nutrients after strenous activitys than it does from doing nothing...

Thread Information