Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
Terry would be a mug to join Middlesbrough, if Chelsea come calling then its a different matter but I think he is happy to bide his time and stick with us for the minute.

After all we are the 3rd richest team in the premier league

Terry won't go anywhere for a while.
Why would he when Villa have 2 Billionaire owners bank rolling them.
It'll be interesting to see who you buy pre season but I expect some top end signings to arrive.
No doubt about it Villa will be challenging for top 4 in a matter of years, they can just buy their way to success just like Chelsea did when Abramovich took over.
Won't happen over night but I'd be a very happy man if I was a Villa fan.
I'm not getting ahead of myself just yet, first off we need to re-establish ourselves in the top flight, that's the most important thing right now.

It's certainly a very interesting and exciting time for us at the minute though

"Top flight" 😂

Villa have never been that but can do a Chelsea/Man City and buy their way to it.
If a Premier League club have Billionare backing then they'll win trophies sooner or later - Simple.
Not sure if you know what top flight means, it isn't the big boys like Chelsea/Man City, it is literally every team in the premier league, as in the premier league IS the top flight, doesn't matter who you are, if you are in the prem you are playing in the top flight.

That's what I meant, the villa need to establish themselves as a premiership club again, I didn't mean we need to go out and win the league.

Top flight is not the Premier League for English teams it's when you regularly mix with European competion.
Champions League and Europa - Top 6 basically.
Huddersfield were absolutely shit all season and nowhere near a top flight team.
The Premier League has become 2 seperate leagues with the gulf in class almost embarrassing which is why a breakaway European league is inevitable.