Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just watched a 45 minute documentary on Harvey Weinstein and I must say

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I just watched a 45 minute documentary on Harvey Weinstein and I must say

Summary + trailer of Harvey Weinstein's downfall and allegations documentary

He was on top of the world. The King of Hollywood with 81 Oscars to his name and highly admired. One small accusation turned into a storm of accusations as 80 women came forward.

Legacy = DESTROYED

Wife left him. Fired from his own company, became a disgrace. Losing $50 million in lawsuits. Court cases etc

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I just watched a 45 minute documentary on Harvey Weinstein and I must say

It’s odd though. Where are all the charges against him. One prosecutor stated they were having difficulty putting a case together as what Weinstein was doing was part of the Hollywood “culture” at the time. I alluded to that sometime back and it created a bit of an issue. There is a clip on YouTube where Courtney Love brought up Weinstein’s “couch” years before all these top actresses came out. I always wondered why they didn’t come out to back up Courtney then. I think Weinstein is a scumbag but the entire situation was bizarre. Anyway maybe they were able or are building a case but it certainly didn’t happen like I thought it would. I bet Hitchcock and some of the other old time directors got away with all kinds of shit

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I just watched a 45 minute documentary on Harvey Weinstein and I must say

Using power as a director or producer is something that goes back a 100 years in Hollywood. It is a very seedy place and starlets want their opportunities and in return those in power sometimes demanded or expected favors. Now full on rape is obviously far more serious, but for me even the sex for favors attitude is at best highly inmoral. Weinstein is clearly a scumbag, but you are going to find many strange creatures in a swamp.

Hitchcock could become obsessive and was very strange with Tippie Hedren.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WRIRY99yfN4

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Using power as a director or producer is something that goes back a 100 years in Hollywood. It is a very seedy place and starlets want their opportunities and in return those in power sometimes demanded or expected favors. Now full on rape is obviously far more serious, but for me even the sex for favors attitude is at best highly inmoral. Weinstein is clearly a scumbag, but you are going to find many strange creatures in a swamp.

Hitchcock could become obsessive and was very strange with Tippie Hedren.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WRIRY99yfN4
    Miles would you watch Weinstein take a shower if you were guaranteed a few million and a good movie part

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few million dollars means retirement is sorted as I am not an idiot looking to buy airplanes and it isn't as though it is anything extreme and I do have the choice. An uncomfortable viewing experience, but manageable I guess. In saying all that though it is a strange kind of job interview and I might develop some kind of trauma. He is a bit ugly and I generally don't watch men shower. Why can't he just go to a sauna or a nudist beach instead and give me the job anyway? Sort it out, Weinstein. With money he can have any boy or girlfriend he wants, so why be so weird?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weinstein has been found guilty of rape and in currently incarcerated in Riker's Island to await sentencing.

Sentencing will be the second week of March.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No doubt he was a king maker. The man had a shitload of power and his company made some great movies. I was surprised to see he is facing 25 years. I didn’t follow the trial but I heard his defense was celebrating he didn’t get convicted of the more serious crimes but what’s that matter when 25 years is pretty much a death sentence at this point. Also I started reading one article that one of his victims sympathized with him as his genitals were so deformed she had to help him infect something in his private’s so he could get it up. Wtf is that all about. I had to stop reading as it gave me the willies. For a long time this type, by that I mean sex for roles was like the status quo it’s just weird so many covered for Weinstein for so long I guess figuring it was the Hollywood culture or whatever. So he is facing 25 years in NY and I think CA is going after him with charges as well now. Very strange, from standard practice to now very likely dying in jail. Charlie Chaplin was also known for doing some of this shit. Well good luck Harvey power can be a son of a bitch.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    This article is a little stupid. Why didn’t the author tell us if it was a hit and run, is the victim ok etc. seems like clickbate the way it’s said up. Let’s develops the story a little more and see if she thinks Weinstein was involved in anyway

El Kabong Guest

Anyone wondering about Bob Iger quitting as Disney's CEO? I wouldn't be surprised if there's something perverse in his history.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Anyone wondering about Bob Iger quitting as Disney's CEO? I wouldn't be surprised if there's something perverse in his history.
    major ceo's who stepped down in the past month-disney, mastercard, lbrands, uber eats, hulu, mgm, ibm, linkedin
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    major ceo's who stepped down in the past month-disney, mastercard, lbrands, uber eats, hulu, mgm, ibm, linkedin
    Not to mention....didn't Google's Eric Schmidt step down a year or so ago....I wonder why THAT is? But hey knowing our press nobody will ever answer. Not like certain political figures had GMail accounts and used those to discuss classified information or anything. And then Eric Schmidt had a trip to North Korea as well.... very big think on all that stuff.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information