Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
One thing I meant to say earlier on, this was a done deal by Wilder’s TV People. If you watch in the ring after the Brezeale fight, they got Ortiz in there and tried to talk up a rematch . I’m not into defending Wilder too much , but to be fair, he more or less ignored it and walked out of the ring and left Ortiz there, all in all making it a bit of a damp squib.
I don’t reckon Wilder was on board with it and pretty disinterested, so I won’t use the fact the he’s fighting Ortiz to say he’s ducking anyone, because I don’t reckon he’s that excited by this fight.

The Showtime TV guy, Jim Gray, mugged Wilder off in the interview saying - "nobody wants to see you fight Ortiz again," whilst Ortiz was in the ring.

Nothing to do with the TV company wanting it, quite the opposite, Wilder chose Ortiz, he walked out thanks to Jim Gray not letting them sell shit nobody wants (barring Wilder groupies).
I might be wrong, but I thought he said "nobody wants to see you fight Brezeale" and that's why Brezeale walked off? he may have mentioned Ortiz as well, but that would be strange as they even made a half baked effort at interviewing him in the ring. I might be wrong, i'll have to try to find it on you tube.
Just found it he said people don't want to see Brezeale, Ruiz or the guy that Fury is fighting, he didn't name Ortiz but he was definitely getting at the fact that people only wanna see Wilder, AJ & Fury fighting and no one else
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5HzbizAjs
Yeah just had the chance to see it again, 4.06 into the vid. I thought that was the case. Like I said, if you watch it in full (after this vid finishes) , you can see that Wilder was pretty disinterested in Ortiz.
I think he’s been told he’s fighting Ortiz. I’m not sticking up for Wilder, because I still reckon (and hope) that Joshua sparks him and that Fury beats him.