Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
I merely pointed out that you have no experience of Japan. I do have experience of living in several non multicultural and multicultural British cities and have visited many countries thus I find it easy to compare and contrast and then of course add data to the picture. Your comment was pure unmerited bigotry/racism and you do it all the time. So welcome to club racist. If I wasn't married I would probably have moved to Japan myself. Nowhere is perfect but I guarantee you won't get ripped off or feel hard done by by anyone if you go. It's a lovely and safe place.
I am not disputing the fact that you may have lived somewhere other than Yorkshire, but that does not make you an expert, or my opinion some kind of feeble conjecture based on ignorance. Many of my family have lived all over the world. Sometimes being schooled there, living with indigenous people and often studying the very cultures you love to opine on, and it is quite clear that racism can be found anywhere. It is not bigotry or racist to point out how racist many Japanese people are, that is simply a fact, you in you rush to virtue signal your worthiness, insist on censoring and trying to bury under the carpet.

My comment about racist Asians was based on conversations and interactions for 30 years with my Dads second wife, who is Asian. After meeting her and marrying her in the Solomon islands, my old man lived in Japan for a whole and has been back many times. But no...you had to assume i was being the type of person you love to hate.

It gets pretty tiresome.

Of course anyone can be racist. I can remember when visiting my brother in Kelvin Glasgow and going down to the local off license being so taken aback by not just the fact it was all barred up, and that they handed you the booze through a hatch like a bank, at the speed and strength of the little Indian ladies Glaswegian accent, I nearly burst out laughing. Does that make me a racist? Maybe? Who cares?

Everyone is a hypocrite if they are truly human. It's good to recognise that.

I shall probably go to Japan in 2021 with the other half for our 50th.
If it was a fact you would be able to quantify it in some way or at the least have examples. Have you actually experienced this racism? You are speaking to someone that has spent 2 decades in Asia and I just ain't seeing it how you are. You get your Ryan Boundless types who see gloom in everything, but most are just living ordinary and rather content lives. My friend married there with kids is happy enough and no real issues.

Maybe my view of racism is less like yours too. I was speaking to a Japanese girl about the UK and she was horrified by the immigration issues. She would be racist to you, but a normal girl to me. Nobody wants their country overrun completely. That's not racism. It is simply opposing very bad politics.