Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joshua knocked out in sparring and was suffering from concussion?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua knocked out in sparring and was suffering from concussion?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Dillian Whyte has chipped in claiming it was AJs lack of steroids that cost him the fight.

Long-term heavyweight rival Whyte has offered his own suggestions for the defeat....

“Joshua could be heard on camera asking his trainer Rob McCracken, ‘Why do I feel like this?’ after the sixth round," Whyte told his YouTube channel.

“It is because you’re in America with the VADA testing and you’re not on the juice, that’s why.

“It’s harder to get therapeutic use exemptions in America than the UK, that’s why.”

Whyte has labelled similar accusations at Joshua before and responded to the defeat on Sunday by posting a video of The Verve song The Drugs Don't Work.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...whyte-16251306
    Honestly, that’s the most believable theory out of them all
    ive heard afew stories

knocked out in sparring the week of the fight
    confiding in his trainer that he doesn't want anymore wars
    panic attack in training room
    unable to use roids
    strangest was a Mexican curse being put on joshua

whichever you choose to believe if any it doesn't detract from what Ruiz did. He fully deserves the win but I do believe there was something wrong with Joshua. The way he was blinking and looking dazed before the 1st bell and the arguments between Hearn and his dad after the fight points to something being wrong that we don't know about. Not sure we will find out because Joshua doesn't want to become the new David Haye toe excuse maker. It's already embarassing enough losing in that fashion to an obese small guy so excuses would make it worse

quick to agree a rematch aswel which suggests the inner circle know summat we don't

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ knocked Ruiz down and everyone expected it to be a 3 round KO and AJ to get on the microphone afterwards and bait Wilder.

Ruiz took his best shot, hit the canvas and said in his mind that he was not going out like this..he stood up and both men fought in the centre of the ring..Ruiz was more accurate and connected..Ruiz fought to win this fight and was the better man on the night.

No excuses.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Dillian Whyte has chipped in claiming it was AJs lack of steroids that cost him the fight.

Long-term heavyweight rival Whyte has offered his own suggestions for the defeat....

“Joshua could be heard on camera asking his trainer Rob McCracken, ‘Why do I feel like this?’ after the sixth round," Whyte told his YouTube channel.

“It is because you’re in America with the VADA testing and you’re not on the juice, that’s why.

“It’s harder to get therapeutic use exemptions in America than the UK, that’s why.”

Whyte has labelled similar accusations at Joshua before and responded to the defeat on Sunday by posting a video of The Verve song The Drugs Don't Work.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...whyte-16251306
    Honestly, that’s the most believable theory out of them all
    ive heard afew stories

knocked out in sparring the week of the fight
    confiding in his trainer that he doesn't want anymore wars
    panic attack in training room
    unable to use roids
    strangest was a Mexican curse being put on joshua

whichever you choose to believe if any it doesn't detract from what Ruiz did. He fully deserves the win but I do believe there was something wrong with Joshua. The way he was blinking and looking dazed before the 1st bell and the arguments between Hearn and his dad after the fight points to something being wrong that we don't know about. Not sure we will find out because Joshua doesn't want to become the new David Haye toe excuse maker. It's already embarassing enough losing in that fashion to an obese small guy so excuses would make it worse

quick to agree a rematch aswel which suggests the inner circle know summat we don't

Yeah i thought he got 30 days to decide so to do it after 3 days definitely suggests something went very wrong in the camp or even on the night.
    It's now gone from being a bit of a novelty/joke fight to the rematch being Massive.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rewatched the entire thing and something definitely seemed wrong with Joshua even before the fight. Ruiz was normal and obviously up for a fight, but Joshua looked tense, pensive, was getting his neck massaged, showed zero life until finally raising his hands when announced. You would be expecting him to look focused, move around, do a few stretches, but instead he was laid back almost wanting to go to bed. It makes me wonder about the panic theory as after a panic attack your chemicals are all over the place and you would indeed question 'Why you feel like this'. He was away from home, adapting to different weather, time zones and all of that. Maybe it got to him. Even watching the first two rounds, he didn't look that in control either. He was in the fight, but not really using his advantages very well and seemed very unsure of himself. Then again, maybe it was because he was hurt sparring. But why would you spar so close to a fight? Hatton of course had bad sparring for Pac, but Joshua wasn't fighting prime Manny in there and I doubt he was being put through as silly a routine as what Mayweather did with Hatton. It is all very strange. Then there are the drug rumors.

We just don't know thus it makes a rematch look like a very interesting fight.

Thread Information