Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joshua knocked out in sparring and was suffering from concussion?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua knocked out in sparring and was suffering from concussion?

Few story's floating about that the reason AJs dad was shouting at Hearn after the fight was because he wanted the fight postponed after AJ was knocked out cold in sparring.
    Would explain the bruise on his face he claimed was down to his physio?

Just read this from another forum....

Supposedly he was knocked out during sparring and got a concussion.... I don’t know how close to fight week.

Because of this his Dad wanted the fight cancelled or postponed but Hearn wouldn’t allow it due to the publicity and potential financial losses. That’s possibly why his Dad was having a real go at Hearn after the fight.

This would also explain why AJ seemed lost in the corner from the first round and asking what to do and why he was feeling like that etc. He also looked kinda banged up with bruises and swollen eyes.

If it’s true then it’s definitely a bad look for Hearn.

There’s no official reports of this yet but something definitely seemed off from the start and this would go some way towards explaining it.

This isn’t making excuses by the way, it really would be a sign of how they terribly underestimated Ruiz though.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua knocked out in sparring and was suffering from concussion?

Joe Dawejko from Philly is said to be the fighter who knocked him out 😉

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know for a fact his dad was pissed off because Eddie was the driving force into going to America, none of team AJ were ever happy about it, they had his Wembley schedule booked from last year, instead they had to do all the extra work to sell 19,000 tickets.

Eddie fucked up big time (all for the DAZN).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always a difficult one buying into the AJ knocked out in sparring party line. If you believe them all the cunt spends half his life unconscious. Might be true, might not. You'd think......that someone in that team full of experts that someone would pull the plug. Difficult to do in practice I know. At the very least it monumentally embarrassing for AJ without even going into the financial implications. But the fuckers life is on the line.

There was definitely something off with him. Before, during and after the fight. You could excuse a bit of weirdness during and after I suppose, he had his canister twatted around repeatedly from round three onward.

I've said it since day one and nothing has ever changed my mind. AJ is a fighter not a boxer. The template for a bloke his size is to keep it long, bomb the right hand in and bring the hooks in later, I get it, but it just doesn't look right and he's always looked more comfortable up close ripping hooks and uppercuts. I've never seen an elite level fighter who is being moulded as a jab right cross merchant be so unsure of his right hand and repeatedly fall short with it or not know when to throw it.

Interesting to see what comes next. He's a smart bloke and I wouldn't expect him to make panic decisions outside the ring. But a change of approach and change of trainer wouldn't be a surprise at all. Not saying McCracken is in any way to blame, but something isn't right and it's the most obvious. A one of chinning like Lewis's losses ok fine, I got hit by a single punch that I didnt see coming. But Joshua got systematically beaten down, it was ugly.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's gonna be hard for him to comeback from this mentally.
    @Memphis I agree its the way in which he was beaten that's done the damage.
    Round 6 he spent doing absolutely fuck all, pawing with a limp jab and just standing there taking shots and barely able to defend himself.
    His refusal to ever move his head just made things worse.
    I reckon tberes some truth in this sparring story though, he clearly didn't wanna talk about the big bruise on his face during fight week when Radio Raheem from seconds out asked him and the look on his face when AJ said it happened during "recovery" and his "physio did it" tells us alot (he looked at him as if to say fuck off with that BS story mate)
    I don't fancy his chances at all in the rematch either as Ruiz knows he can easily hurt him and knows exactly how to beat him.
    AJ was the same against Povetkin who also was smaller and faster and struggled in the first 4 rounds.
    His nose explodes in every fight now too.
    I'd like to see him jump ship and make some changes because fight by fight since Klitschko he's looked more and more beatable.
    Far too much muscle mass to the point wheres he looks more and more like Bruno with every fight.
    If he loses the rematch you've gotta say the Wilder or Fury fights are worthless and he's finished.
    All the belts are now in the USA and both fighters are with Al Haymon.
    Massive shift in power happened on Saturday night 😉

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excuses. Just say that Andy Ruiz Jr. kicked his ass.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz fought well and fully deserved the win but there was definitely something wrong with Joshua.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Excuses. Just say that Andy Ruiz Jr. kicked his ass.

Amen to that, brother.

It wasn't Madison Square Garden. It wasn't that AJ may now be a Muslim. If he was allowed to fight with a concussion, someone(s) should get their licences taken away. Seriously.

It wasn't the food. It wasn't the water. It wasn't the air.

He got his butt whipped. Pure and simple. He was gracious in defeat, and only he knows whether he can come back to his previous levels after this. It's also not the end of the world. He lost his "0". Big deal.

Oh..... and to those who claim this proves that AJ would beat Wilder.... I really don't know what to say.

AJ's a likable guy. He probably needed to be brought back to Earth a little, and it's been done. Best wishes to him on his comeback trail.

The one I'm gloating about is Hearn.

All this posturing..... all this grandstanding.... now he's just whimpering in a corner pulling our Plan B, Plan C, Plan D....... etc.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's no ones job here to make excuses for a fighter, that's their job or people they employ. Lets not let that get in the way of further discussion and observation though right? It's kind of what this place is for.

Yes he got beat and beat badly. No one has suggested otherwise. But when you notice things like AJ saying after the opening three minutes, in which nothing actually happened 'What do I do now?' It's worth chewing the fat off no? There was some odd behaviour from the now x champ. It makes for interesting discussion.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he was ko'd in sparring prior to this, they need to examine him to see what damage was done. If they want to heal this right he's going to need to be out for a while. Maybe a year plus. The longer the better if he's to continue with his career.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    It's no ones job here to make excuses for a fighter, that's their job or people they employ. Lets not let that get in the way of further discussion and observation though right? It's kind of what this place is for.

Yes he got beat and beat badly. No one has suggested otherwise. But when you notice things like AJ saying after the opening three minutes, in which nothing actually happened 'What do I do now?' It's worth chewing the fat off no? There was some odd behaviour from the now x champ. It makes for interesting discussion.
    We also have a right to dismiss heresay or bullshit.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

We also have a right to dismiss heresay or bullshit.

How do you think he got a big visible bruise under his left eye which was still visible on fight night?
    There's ALOT of clues that there is some truth to this sparring story.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like a lot of big upsets, they look less and less like upsets when you know the story of the build up to the fight.

It was only some time after the biggest upset in heavyweight history that we realised the extent of Tyson's poor training, terrible sparring performances, disintegrating private life and shattered psyche.

Once you know all that, it doesn't really look like an upset at all.

Something goes wrong in every single fight camp, whether it's injury, morale, boredom, training or personal conflicts, so I really doubt there are many 'perfect' camps really.

Joshua certainly looked completely psyched out or spaced out before the fight, and his confusion throughout was noteworthy. He kept asking what Ruiz would do next in his corner and could not remember what shots he had been hit by. That sort of sounds like a guy who already had a concussion.

If that's the case, somebody should go to jail.

On the other hand, remember when some overhyped guys like Duane Bobick, Audley Harrison and Primo Carnera suffered devastating defeats ........

Lets also not forget Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong 🤔

Only time will tell which camp AJ falls into.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rumour going around that his socks were to tight and he stubbed his big toe on his way into the ring as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Rumour going around that his socks were to tight and he stubbed his big toe on his way into the ring as well.
    Well, that's a great excuse. We all know how devastating a toe injury can be

And that was only his little toe!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information