Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: AJ didn't quit, he was waiting for the ref to replace his gum-shield. Fact.

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default AJ didn't quit, he was waiting for the ref to replace his gum-shield. Fact.

Is anyone surprised that nobody in his team brought up the gum-shield? He clearly spit it out and the ref clearly picked it up. He was clearly shocked when the ref waved it off, he immediately looked at his corner saying "what the fuck!"

Buster Ruiz duffed him up good and proper, good for him, and AJ didn't make an excuse, good for him, but surely his team should have mentioned it. The state AJ was in was hardly different to the Wlad fight, which he came back from after looking exhausted.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: AJ didn't quit, he was waiting for the ref to replace his gum-shield. Fact.

There's gonna be loads of stories come out , some true , some not. Without making any excuses for him , because he was beat fair and square, I think he got mildly concussed in the 3rd round and didn't know where he was and couldn't recover. it looked like he had a couple of shots hit him on the top of the head, and while they didn't look as damaging as the shots he got hit by Wlad with , they obviously had more of an effect.
    But even before he went down in the 3rd, it was looking like an awkward night for him and he wasn't sure how to cope with Ruiz's style.
    And this is more important to me than the TKO, it's the adjustments he is capable of making for the rematch so that he can control the fight.
    I think this is where we find out a lot about AJ AND his Trainer Rob McCracken.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: AJ didn't quit, he was waiting for the ref to replace his gum-shield. Fact.

For sure he was fucked from the start, he kept saying to McCraken should I push him back now, should I push him back now. All the talk about him being "stiff" and having no "stamina, " and being "Frank Bruno" is the exact same since he turned pro.

Joshua of a couple of years ago would have blasted Ruiz out in 2 rounds.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he did quit, he didn't exactly go apeshit at the ref when waved it off did he.
    He said WTF once and that was it which isn't the reaction of a man who wanted to continue the fight.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit stoppage, IMHO. But the ref must have seen something or heard something he did not like from AJ.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we're being too harsh on AJ, as well as going overboard with the word "quit."

Should AJ have shoved the ref to the ground in obvious anger after the "wave-off"? AJ was clearly buzzed. He was leaning back into the corner, but looking at the ref. It's the ref's job to decide whether the fighter is apt to continue. Quitting, IMO, would've been if AJ had shaken his head no.... or voiced as much to the ref.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Is anyone surprised that nobody in his team brought up the gum-shield? He clearly spit it out and the ref clearly picked it up. He was clearly shocked when the ref waved it off, he immediately looked at his corner saying "what the fuck!"

Buster Ruiz duffed him up good and proper, good for him, and AJ didn't make an excuse, good for him, but surely his team should have mentioned it. The state AJ was in was hardly different to the Wlad fight, which he came back from after looking exhausted.
    True - I don’t believe he quit the moment that Andy hit him and he started doing that Zab Judah dance. I mean sure even Katie Taylor took her beating like a man but I don’t believe AJ quit.

But a side note - Haymon and Finkle have played an absolute blinder.

They've built Wilder off the back of all the above, to be fair he's jumped in with the best he could in Ortiz and Fury and also provided more devastating highlight reel KOs in between. Now Hearns empire is looking shaky at best and AJ is clearly going through some stuff.

It isn't excuses but the delay with AJ in his locker room ? With no cameras allowed in ? The fact his usual team weren't even in there with him ? And then they joined him by the arena entrance ? His behaviour before during fight ? A man built like Phil Heath comes out in the 1st round on his toes dancing like Ali ? And then AJ after the fight. I mean he was almost relived and glad he lost. Maybe afterwards he watched Ruiz Jr fk his girlfriend and then his dad wanting to fight Eddie Hearn ?

Something serious was going on in that camp.

Money has a strange way of depleting many fighters from the essential vitamins and minerals! Go check the story of how Tyson was conducting himself in Japan before the Douglas fight! Sad and Hilarious! He said his room looked like a scene from "Caligula!" Said he was eating Japanese women like grapes! Lol! I don't know what Joshua was doing, but the rumors are swirling!
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 06-07-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Denilson-The-Comeback;1521086]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I Go check the story of how Tyson was conducting himself in Japan before the Douglas fight! Sad and Hilarious! He said his room looked like a scene from "Caligula!" Said he was eating Japanese women like grapes! Lol! I don't know what Joshua was doing, but the rumors are swirling![/SIZE][/FONT]
    Ah, so he may haven broken the no stuff before fights rule!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information