Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Warrington v Kid Galahad - 15/7/19 - BT Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    People saying Galahad won need to watch it with the sound down so that they don’t have to listen to Ronald McDonald or whatever his name is. He was wanking his wheels off every time Galahad connected , while when Warrington connected..... silence.
    I know people get annoyed about “doing enough to take the titles” but it’s the way it is. And Galahad as well as his game plan went, just didn’t land enough.
    I actually feel the opposite with the announcers. I was surprised that they were talking about it being a close fight.
    I’ll agree to disagree. Every time Galahad landed , the commentator went berserk. There were times when Warrington landed and Galahad’s head went back, nothing. At the end of the fight, no celebrations from Ingle & Galahad, they knew.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not big on Warrington , I thought Selby and Frampton would be in a different league to him, but I got that wrong. And I’ll probaby get it wrong again, but if he tries to unify, he’ll get outclassed in my opinion.
    The Fight was in an arena in Leeds. Hometown of Josh Warrington. Home crowds of Josh Warrington. What do the judges hear when a punch lands? the Crowd. How can a TV commentator have the slightest influence on a ringside judge?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garahad performs better than I thought. His style is very negative, but effective at stopping Warrington's attack. The best result I can give to Garahad would be a draw. The battle is over, but I saw Warrington as the winner

Warrington 115
    Galahad 113

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    People saying Galahad won need to watch it with the sound down so that they don’t have to listen to Ronald McDonald or whatever his name is. He was wanking his wheels off every time Galahad connected , while when Warrington connected..... silence.
    I know people get annoyed about “doing enough to take the titles” but it’s the way it is. And Galahad as well as his game plan went, just didn’t land enough.
    I actually feel the opposite with the announcers. I was surprised that they were talking about it being a close fight.
    I’ll agree to disagree. Every time Galahad landed , the commentator went berserk. There were times when Warrington landed and Galahad’s head went back, nothing. At the end of the fight, no celebrations from Ingle & Galahad, they knew.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not big on Warrington , I thought Selby and Frampton would be in a different league to him, but I got that wrong. And I’ll probaby get it wrong again, but if he tries to unify, he’ll get outclassed in my opinion.
    The Fight was in an arena in Leeds. Hometown of Josh Warrington. Home crowds of Josh Warrington. What do the judges hear when a punch lands? the Crowd. How can a TV commentator have the slightest influence on a ringside judge?
    I didn't say the Commentator had an influence on the Judges. I said he had an influence on the people on this forum . The Commentator clearly Didn't have an influence on the judges, because the judges Chose Warrington as the winner.
    And the Judge that chose Galahad as the Winner was Howard Foster. Since Froch/Groves 1 , I take zero notice of hat he has to say!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    I didn't say the Commentator had an influence on the Judges. I said he had an influence on the people on this forum . The Commentator clearly Didn't have an influence on the judges, because the judges Chose Warrington as the winner.
    And the Judge that chose Galahad as the Winner was Howard Foster. Since Froch/Groves 1 , I take zero notice of hat he has to say!

Frank Warrens even stated that the commentary by Ronald McDonald was piss poor

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't think Kid Galahad had it in him
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty good belt holder who will be best off to avoid the champions.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Word out of Top Rank is Warrington isn’t willing to face Shakur Stevenson in the UK, sad if true. But who believes anything Top Rank says

Thread Information