175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Warrington v Kid Galahad - 15/7/19 - BT Sports

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Hmm. I also Thought it was more like a close win the other way, but I dont much care for Muslims so Im happy with the result.
    I don't care for Catholics or Christians much but that doesn't get in the way of who i favor in a boxing match. I thought Galahad edged it. Close fight though.
    My post was tongue in cheek. All relegions are worthless in the same way imo. Islam is the biggest threat to world piece that currently exists, and that which preaches the most fucked up ridiculous shit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Galahad edging it in a close fight but I will re-watch it.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Close fight but Abdul didnt do enough to take the title , i will be so glad when the Ingle limbo dancer style totally dies out.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Close fight but Abdul didnt do enough to take the title , i will be so glad when the Ingle limbo dancer style totally dies out.
    I hate the idea that you have to take the title from the champion. It should be scored like any other fight. You win or lose. It’s that simple. There should be no extra advantage for the champion. I thought that Galahad won the fight. He made the fight ugly and boring but he did what he needed to. Warrington looked ordinary and very beatable. Galahad looked competent.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I hate the idea that you have to take the title from the champion. It should be scored like any other fight. You win or lose. It’s that simple. There should be no extra advantage for the champion. I thought that Galahad won the fight. He made the fight ugly and boring but he did what he needed to. Warrington looked ordinary and very beatable. Galahad looked competent.

Abdul has a boring style and the close fight could have gone either way. I am glad Warrington won in the end, although he has his limitations.
    The ingle way was made famous by Herol Graham a defensive master, however it is a horrible style.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abdul has a boring style and the close fight could have gone either way. I am glad Warrington won in the end, although he has his limitations.
    The ingle way was made famous by Herol Graham a defensive master, however it is a horrible style.
    Naz was exciting with it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Naz was all about power , he was far easier to hit then Herol ever was.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Naz was all about power , he was far easier to hit then Herol ever was.
    Naz was more than power, he had charisma, excitement and was entertaining with beautiful skills and reflexes.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrington look pretty poor he was clueless when Barry turned southpaw.
    Barry won that fight in a rematch I would back Barry Warrington was made to look
    just average a lucky winner indeed.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad won that.
    There's no doubt about it.
    He completely nullified Warringtons attacks from the off and controlled the fight.
    I'd be screaming for a rematch if I was Barry.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was much closer than I anticipated it to be but not sure how you could have given it to Galahad. Don't think it was just a case of not doing enough against the champion or the distorting value of a heavily partisan crowd. I just think Galahad was very negative. It's not as if he spent all night avoiding get hit with clever footwork, for much of the time he tied Warrington up and made it ugly. He made Warrington look ordinary at times but never looked much better himself. When the other fighter is at least trying to engage I think it's fine to give close rounds to the fighter who has turned up and not the fighter whose tactics are little more than I am going to stop you working.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People saying Galahad won need to watch it with the sound down so that they don’t have to listen to Ronald McDonald or whatever his name is. He was wanking his wheels off every time Galahad connected , while when Warrington connected..... silence.
    I know people get annoyed about “doing enough to take the titles” but it’s the way it is. And Galahad as well as his game plan went, just didn’t land enough.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    People saying Galahad won need to watch it with the sound down so that they don’t have to listen to Ronald McDonald or whatever his name is. He was wanking his wheels off every time Galahad connected , while when Warrington connected..... silence.
    I know people get annoyed about “doing enough to take the titles” but it’s the way it is. And Galahad as well as his game plan went, just didn’t land enough.
    I actually feel the opposite with the announcers. I was surprised that they were talking about it being a close fight.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I actually feel the opposite with the announcers. I was surprised that they were talking about it being a close fight.
    I’ll agree to disagree. Every time Galahad landed , the commentator went berserk. There were times when Warrington landed and Galahad’s head went back, nothing. At the end of the fight, no celebrations from Ingle & Galahad, they knew.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not big on Warrington , I thought Selby and Frampton would be in a different league to him, but I got that wrong. And I’ll probaby get it wrong again, but if he tries to unify, he’ll get outclassed in my opinion.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all honesty it was a crappy fight terrible to watch very few clean punches landed.
    Did Barry dominate not really did Josh dominate no do you think 4 or 5 scoring punches win you the rounds ! maybe not but they were scoring punches.
    Josh found it hard to land anything clean to much holding .
    I am glad I never went to Leeds to watch it not a very good under card extremely poor.
    If I am correct Warrington never really wanted the fight but Galahad was the mandatory it's pick the bones type of fight a fight to remember more a nightmare.

Thread Information