Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Our Planet.

Why do you have this need to pretend that I am something I am not in order to make yourself feel better?

I really don't get it. Bitterness, jealousy, spite?
    It really is odd. I have like the majority of the electorate no interest in Benjamin. What does it matter to you what I cover or what I think about you?

You have absolutely no idea what I do day to day or what I have done and when I suggested showing or explaining to you in a pm last year so that you could finally shut up about it, you had no interest.

We get it you are a lecturer who works half days and wastes most of his life swanning around reading and boasting about not having kids and good old family values whilst being allergic to families and living alone.

Its 4pm for you and you are clearly bored.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Why do you have this need to pretend that I am something I am not in order to make yourself feel better?

It really is odd. I have like the majority of the electorate no interest in Benjamin. What does it matter to you what I cover or what I think about you?

You have absolutely no idea what I do day to day or what I have done and when I suggested showing or explaining to you in a pm last year so that you could finally shut up about it, you had no interest.

We get it you are a lecturer who works half days and wastes most of his life swanning around reading and boasting about not having kids and good old family values whilst being allergic to families and living alone.

Oh, and I am spiteful am I? You don't get it? You don't recall just now calling me a nobody? That wasn't very nice was it? Was that spoken in jest or politeness?

You don't say very nice things to people either do you? Nobodies are the kinds of people that scrounge, that refuse to raise their game, that refuse to take responsibility. Am I really that person? I would retort with why do you pretend that I am somebody I am not? Is it to make yourself feel better? I mean you have done it to many a person at this stage. And you really don't get it? You don't understand? Maybe that is part of the problem. You have dialogue issues, things get lost in translation, and it is the same language.

If you are going to call me things that I am not then I think I have a right defend myself against those things.

I think people have a pretty good idea about you and what you do as you have told us all enough over the years. It doesn't make a very fortunate, normal or happy portrait to be honest. You also covered up who you were for years too which is unfortunate as it led to many a war on here that needn't have happened. People got lost in the crossfire.

Benjamin would have made you look silly and it is a shame we didn't see it. I can picture the snarl right now.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Oh, and I am spiteful am I? You don't get it? You don't recall just now calling me a nobody? That wasn't very nice was it? Was that spoken in jest or politeness?

You don't say very nice things to people either do you? Nobodies are the kinds of people that scrounge, that refuse to raise their game, that refuse to take responsibility. Am I really that person? I would retort with why do you pretend that I am somebody I am not? Is it to make yourself feel better? I mean you have done it to many a person at this stage. And you really don't get it? You don't understand? Maybe that is part of the problem. You have dialogue issues, things get lost in translation, and it is the same language.

If you are going to call me things that I am not then I think I have a right defend myself against those things.

I think people have a pretty good idea about you and what you do as you have told us all enough over the years. It doesn't make a very fortunate, normal or happy portrait to be honest. You also covered up who you were for years too which is unfortunate as it led to many a war on here that needn't have happened. People got lost in the crossfire.

Benjamin would have made you look silly and it is a shame we didn't see it. I can picture the snarl right now.
    You don't get it do you? You are a nobody. That is not spiteful you big fairy, that is the truth. You are not a performer you are a lecturer. Stop building your part princess. I don't think I am anybody special either but when I bring up something relevant like actual first hand real life experience of what to you is just some random abstract fantasy or online game, you take it upon yourself to pooh pooh it as though that will make your own 'opinion' carry more weight. You do the same with music, pretending that you have some kind of supreme and exquisite taste, when for the most part it is quite safe, predictable and pedestrian.

Nobody here has an opinion that is more important than anyone else's. What we do and experience in our everyday lives though, does actually count for something. That can make the difference between a more considered and educated opinion and one that is based merely on the observations of others, many of whom will have their own bias and agenda. You want to pretend that I am a scrounger when i have always worked because it feeds into this idea that somebody who doesn't work 9 to Lunchtime, like yourself, in the same role for years as an employee, is somehow flippant and lazy, irresponsible. The truth is I often work 10, 15 hour days and do something different everyday. That is not because I am playing at anything, it is the reality of being self employed.

You look at my social media presence and think that is somehow representative of what takes up most of my working life, when of course the opposite is true. I work for national organizations and individual and group clients for whom the work becomes theirs once it is handed over, and you don't see that. (Although i can point you toward Amnesty, The Arts Council, British National Youth Theatre, The newspapers and magazines i have written for, awards won for mentoring and for my installation work, films,photographs and written pieces for many, many others if you really think that will help disavow you of your nonsense notions).

Your idea that I am this angry unhappy snarly lazy person, refusing to raise their game is a ludicrous one. I have had to improve and add strings to my bow, qualifications, techniques, skills, etc year on year like everyone else, because it is an incredibly cut throat and competitive industry to try and scrape a living in , in 2019. I am sure you do more than just teach, but from what you tell us your life seems incredibly empty. Way more than anyone else on the forum. I know you have made the decision not to have kids and that is yours to make, but it means you seem to have had an awful lot of dead time with which you have not done very much. I could of course be completely wrong but i find it a bit odd when I am constantly accused of not achieving anything despite oversharing myself.

If we can't learn from each other then I see little point in even posting to be honest. I don't expect anyone to share my opinions but if we can't be frank about our own, without people refusing to post or saying 'I want special treatment' then it is all a bit stupid. The planet is fucked mate and in the context of that both of us are nobodies.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I am a nobody then by definition you are equally a nobody, unless of course we do actually mean something to those involved in our lives. Everybody is of course somebody. For every article you may have published, I have a course written and completed and evaluated by those who participated typically to a very high level. I actually do think it means something and likewise I am sure you are proud of whatever it is you do. I think your article was a fluff piece, but I do think the photography was quite nice and you captured Greta far more graciously than the childish tantrum I saw recently. And just as the doctor thinks he is contributing, the Prime Minister thinks he is doing his job, or the cleaner cleaning the toilets well, I am somebody, and I am playing my part and indeed do use the word part meaningfully.

If you want to quibble over definitions, a lecturer is by definition also a performer. It is the art of oratory, being able to express ideas clearly, being able to generate and motivate and interest. You have to be a performer to do that and not everybody can do that. I am not a genius, but it is a craft I have worked at for a long time and I am pretty good at it. Even when under the weather, I get the results. It is in the pauses, in the gestures, the subtle glances, in the way one moves. It is performance, though I argue that my primary role is as a writer and a director with a focus on stimulating greater dialogue and expression. It is about getting others to perform to the best of their capabilities. I am a performer and the experience is a theatrical one. I really work on making it enjoyable.

No, I wasn't saying you haven't raised your game. I was on the assault in response to you, but I was more saying that the genuine kind of nobodies are those who don't step up and there are many. It's the druggy single Mum, it's the alcoholic who refuses to get a job, and all of that. Of course they are somebody, but by comparison if we are to talk about people who influence others in their daily lives, I am not exactly a nobody by comparison to those people. I have family and friends like anyone else and as you know I only live alone a few days a week because I started a new job and on the topic of our planet, driving several hundred miles a week is not good for the planet. Do we not agree on that? And because I am happy, we will rent somewhere closer and compromise on transportation. We have to compromise sometimes and that is what I have done this year. There is nothing incredibly empty about my life. I go for dinners, I go for coffee, I play poker, I have family gatherings, I am home more than half my time and of course am a video chat away from my cat who doesn't bloody understand the concept and just rolls around ignoring me. What exactly is it that you think is empty? It is something you level at me and may have made some sense a long time ago, but now not really. My room is getting clean. It is all kind of normal, and yes, not very wild I am afraid as those days are over. What do you want me to do, start drinking, do zany things? I can't do those things. I grew up.

And don't think for a minute my industry is not cut throat either. Don't forget for every job I apply for there are more than 100 applicants. I do pretty alright all things considered. I want for nothing really and that discipline means less life stress.

I was attacking you mainly in response to you attacking me. I mean the very notion that I am not impressed with Greta because of jealousy is frankly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I am jealous of nobody on this planet and am very comfortable in my own skin and that hasn't always been the case. My issue with her is that she is threatening people in a childish way and I think she actually does need to grow up a little bit. I think she is being used to bring in a globalist agenda and I don't want that. Nothing she is saying is new, but using a child is very manipulative and the system knows that. I was listening to Springsteen today and at no point was I listening thinking 'Damn I am just so jealous of you. You are someone and I am no one and I just cannot listen to you anymore because of it!' Of course not, the music was awesome and I like him. There is no envy there. "Damn he has hundreds of millions of dollars and I don't! Smash the stereo! Raarrgghhh". It's not really how I think about things. I hate Tony Blair, but there is no jealousy there.

I agree with you that air travel is very unclean and we could use less children and a few more local holidays and things of this nature. I have no intention of heading to Europe or anything like that and I would love to sail to Cambodia on a wooden boat. However, I do not want a one world government to dictate what I can do, it should be personal choice. I do not own a mansion, I do not own a private jet, I do not drive a sports car, I do not do anything out of the ordinary which potentially gets me labelled a nobody as only 'somebodies' have those things and I don't mind that so much.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know the full context

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I don't know the full context

Actually, in defense of her there, English is not really her first language and just maybe she did not follow a rather complex question very well and flubbed it. I don't know about that. Or of course she simply got the nerves. Or else she is just a puppet and not the great prophet she has been built up as. That's another thing I don't like about it as she has no scientific credentials or superior knowledge and is yet wheeled up there IMO as a vulnerable figure to rally around and push things through. I really see it used a little bit like dead babies and migration. It is awful but of course, but manipulative and I don't really like that. I also really think this will not bode well for her own future. She hasn't grown up yet and has mental issues and that needs to be worked on to help her cope in life. I don't actually want to see this encouraged and it certainly isn't jealousy. If I was jealous surely I would be jealous of Richard Dawkins after all he is much more known and and far more intelligent than me and surely as a sociopath it should bug me, but it doesn't. It is mainly because I see agenda at work.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then there's this interview with Pauline Hanson of Australia, in which she voices what many people probably think. (Only the first 2 and a half minutes or so are about Greta).

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Then there's this interview with Pauline Hanson of Australia, in which she voices what many people probably think. (Only the first 2 and a half minutes or so are about Greta).

Pauline Hanson is even further to the right than Trump. She id not a credible or unbiased observer. Someone who thinks domestic violence is women's fault and who hilariously left Australia and migrated to London because she thought there were "too many immigrants in Australia" then moved back from the UK to Australia because "England had too many immigrants"
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
    1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
    1970: Ice Age By 2000
    1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
    1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
    1972: New Ice Age By 2070
    1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
    1974: Another Ice Age?
    1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life
    1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
    1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes
    1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend
    1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
    1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
    1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
    1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
    1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
    2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
    2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
    2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
    2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
    2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
    2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
    2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
    2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
    2013: Arctic Ice-Free by 2015
    2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
    1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
    1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
    1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
    1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
    1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 90s
    1980: Peak Oil In 2000
    1996: Peak Oil in 2020
    2002: Peak Oil in 2010
    2006: Super Hurricanes!
    2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
    1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
    1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
    1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
    1970s: Killer Bees!

But yeah nah yeah Greta Thunberg is going to "break the streak" as it were, of Climate Alarmists being absolutely pants shittingly wrong every single fucking time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pauline Hanson is even further to the right than Trump. She id not a credible or unbiased observer. Someone who thinks domestic violence is women's fault and who hilariously left Australia and migrated to London because she thought there were "too many immigrants in Australia" then moved back from the UK to Australia because "England had too many immigrants"

I don't know her background and frankly did not watch the rest of the interview beyond the Greta segment.

IMO, what she DID say about Greta (and her parents) seemed pretty much bang on with what many other people think.

You can be right about some things and wrong about others.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

But yeah nah yeah Greta Thunberg is going to "break the streak" as it were, of Climate Alarmists being absolutely pants shittingly wrong every single fucking time.

Not sure where these all come from, but some look like National Enquirer headlines. Discernment... discernment... discernment. That's the key word to remember here.

Also, for every climate alarmist there is at least one climate denier to cancel him out.

IMHO, the climate IS changing perceptively. How much of it is man-made and how much of it is nature taking its course, is beyond my pay grade.

All I know is that hurricanes are getting more frequent and more vicious.... and there are clear signs of coastal erosion in places I've seen and been to all my life.... for whatever that's worth.

Alarmist... denier... I'm neither. Just a concerned citizen that if science is in fact proving that there are worrisome climactic developments afoot, then I would hope most of us would be at least somewhat concerned.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna join the next march to Capitol Hill.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Not sure where these all come from, but some look like National Enquirer headlines. Discernment... discernment... discernment. That's the key word to remember here.

Also, for every climate alarmist there is at least one climate denier to cancel him out.

IMHO, the climate IS changing perceptively. How much of it is man-made and how much of it is nature taking its course, is beyond my pay grade.

All I know is that hurricanes are getting more frequent and more vicious.... and there are clear signs of coastal erosion in places I've seen and been to all my life.... for whatever that's worth.

Alarmist... denier... I'm neither. Just a concerned citizen that if science is in fact proving that there are worrisome climactic developments afoot, then I would hope most of us would be at least somewhat concerned.

It does seem to be a trend to predict the worst. I used to do it myself a decade ago and the younger me was much more concerned, but the older me realizes that the things predicted tend not to happen, certainly not to the degree predicted. No doubt the earth is having a warming period, but in truth how many of us including Greta have felt the effects of climate change?

I have experienced pollution as they moved the factories to this side of the world. However, summer is hot and that is how it always is. I don't see any crops failing or anything terrible and life does go on.

I guess if you tell a child they will go to hell it becomes a hard thing to shake off. I see Greta a bit like that. Just a pampered naive kid getting hysterical and she will find that her life is unlikely to have been destroyed by global warming. She will either adjust or not. I feel the Desmond spirit in her. We have to be careful with child indoctrination, but of course be sensible in how we live too.

My issue really is more about pollution and waste and that is largely a human population issue. I honestly think the best solution is to be randy but be randy using logic. You do not have to impregnate a woman half a dozen times. That really is a personal behavior pattern easily fixed. I would like more endangered animals instead of people brought into the world by people who don't have any resources. It is selfish to have no self control and dumb not to plan for the future.

Moderation is the key to everything says the boring nobody me. Ain't very rock and roll I am afraid. Unlike Master who wants nipple piercings and tattoo's.....minus the booze and drugs.

El Kabong Guest

Well a lot of them are direct statements from Dr. Paul Erlich who wrote 'The Population Bomb' both there are of course other "scientists" who are responsible for the other asinine predictions of doom. Here's a link https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-...ic-predictions

Are they stronger and more frequent though?
    https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/top10.asp

I know for you them LANDING are certainly stronger and seemingly more frequent. I remember my state getting hit a lot more (not that I wish for a return to those days) around the mid-late 1990's. 1996 was an especially bad season for us. But recently we get hit with a few here and there. We used to get the occasional tropical storm from the Gulf or just in from the Atlantic and it was nice...I mean yeah there's the obvious wind damage which happens on occasion, but without such storms we're subject to drought much of the time.

The climate changes, always has always will...our using of cars and eating of beef won't change that 1 iota.

Greta can lecture everyone until her face turns blue but the facts are that she's a CHILD, she's got a condition which makes her fixate on things and only see them in absolutes, and I feel like she's being exploited by these Climate Alarmists who are now for their convenience hiding behind a child and therefore can't be questioned at all.

The Climate Alarmism agenda is a farce. It's set up for governments to take totalitarian control (aided by Big Tech, think China's Social Credit system), destroy capitalism (a stated goal of the Green New Deal), and also ruin the petro-dollar. The United States doesn't run on the gold standard anymore (hopefully someday we return to that system) we run on the petro-dollar as Saudi Arabia only sells their oil (due to a treaty with the US and others) in return for American dollars it's the biggest reason the American dollar is the world reserve currency and it's also why China is never ever ever ever....EVER hassled about their emissions from these Climate Alarmist groups because China directly benefits from the success of those groups in the West.

If humans were truly destroying the climate why does Michael Moore own several houses? Why does Al Gore have a beachfront house? Why did Obama buy a $15 million mansion on Martha's Vineyard? I thought the sea levels were rising and we had 1 decade to "fix" things? Does no one else see through their bullshit? Harrison Ford and Leo DiCaprio flying all over God's green Earth? Greta's boat crew FLYING back to Europe thereby negating any "Green" part of her Trans-Atlantic boat voyage? Are these FACTS lost on everyone but myself?

I enjoy the outdoors and clean air and so on, I probably spend more time out there than most hunting and gardening and hiking and camping. I want clean air and water, but I'm telling you these Climate Doomsdayers are not pure and thoughtful and innocent, quite the opposite and they've suckered in a fair amount of well meaning people sadly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's hilarious being lectured by a completely unqualified, very unscientific, over emotional 16 year old autistic freak.

The spoilt little shit should be spanked and sent back to her fucking school. She looks like a cross between some Downs Syndrome mong, Chucky and a cabbage patch doll.

We "have stolen her dreams" - that doesn't even mean anything!

It is the millennial generation who popularised single use plastics. I have never bought a plastic bottle of water in my life. I don't buy supermarket food covered in plastic, we have a milkman who delivers milk in (recyclable) glass bottles in an electric vehicle, I don't eat mcDonalds or other shit in plastic cartons, I have never left my entire campsite behind at a festival. I am not a consumer, buying useless crap i don't need.

Who the fuck does the entitled little shit think she is? "How dare you?" she says ....... how the fuck dare SHE.

Getting sick of being lectured by pious intolerant smug bastards

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    My issue really is more about pollution and waste and that is largely a human population issue. I honestly think the best solution is to be randy but be randy using logic.

Yes. We should learn the lesson from hardcore porn. It is people like Jenna Jamieson, Stormy Daniels and Carter Cruise who will save the world .....

..... if you fuck someone up the arse and then cum all over their face, nobody gets pregnant.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information