Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Well..... this will be my 19,999th post... so might as well make it about climate.

Needless to say there's a whole gamut of opinions on climate change. If "climate alarmists" or doomsayers were at 100, and total (and defensive) climate deniers were at 1..... Saddo'ers (as well as the general public) would be all over the map. But let's put aside for a second what you may or may not think about climate change. Let's check our emotions at the door, sort to speak.

Is it wrong to want less environmental pollution? Is it wrong to want more renewable energy, given the advanced stage of our technology? Is it wrong to want to conserve the resources of our surroundings?

Why in the hell do people fight so much over this? I know, I know..... it's called special interests. The same special interests that cause the insane argument on just about every other sensitive, controversial issue. Shit.... it's like poking a healing scab on someone when you talk about these things. OUCH!!! WTF?!?

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the climate, or man's ability to change it, accelerate it, nudge it, or not at all...... why is protecting our environment such a "bad word?" I swear, aliens looking in at us through their super-duper surveillance would be rolling on the floor laughing at the human race. We can't seem to discuss ANYTHING without it becoming a totally polarized issue. We fucking RUN to the extremes and shoot spit-wads at the other side. Why?

It's not like we have to give up our way of life in order to embrace new technologies. Doesn't it bother anyone that there are patches of microplastics in the Pacific the size of Texas? Or did I just mention some Fake News? Someone please tell me, because like most mortals, I haven't flown over the Pacific to see it for myself. I depend on SOME sort of news to know what the hell is going on. I also haven't been to the Arctic to either confirm or debunk the claims about sea ice and polar melting.

Difference between me and an alarmist is that I don't go running off half-cocked shouting at the top of my lungs "the sky's falling... the sky's falling." I read..... I listen..... I watch..... and I try to practice discernment and a little common sense. On the other hand, I don't "knee-jerk condemn" any information that comes down the pipe concerning the environment. I believe the environment IS important.... and good practices are important because there's an ever-increasing number of people in the world.

Oh well.... that's a long enough rant. For 20k I'll try to make it about boxing.
Early congrads I am sure you can whip off 1 more post for your 20G target Mr. TitoFan.My 2 cents on this world being slowly killed off by auto, factories, smog, smoke, coal, nucular, carbon footptints, carbon tax, rocket exaust, plastic and styrofoam, and all, we can't just drop technology now, we came too far, we can't slow down, we can put down their iphones? We can agree to disagree. But that Gretta is a puppet and made me sick with htat ugly sneering and nasty nasty face, so fake and so staged, and nothing new at all, same old same ol the sky is falling, and now the 16 year old is gonna lecture me that we destroyed her future. How did we destroy her future? Loks like only her face was destroyed.