Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Reparations... for or against?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 100

Thread: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    67
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post

    The LGBTQ community will have more rights & protection under the law than blacks. It boggles my mind how a sexual orientation and lifestyle is even considered but are mostly successful in getting civil rights before a race of people brought here against there will, brutalized, tortured, exploited and forced to build the very economy of this country for free.




    You remember this Jurassic Park III scene? Where Dr. Grant has to dig through a huge pile of dinosaur dung in order to get to something useful? His phone? Remember?

    Well.... likewise I find myself digging through your gigantic pile of verbal dung, just in case there's something of use in there.



    Now, if you were a coherent, logical, mature, open-minded black person...... even an angry, resentful one....... I would chime in, saying how I agree (my thoughts on the LGBTQ movement are well chronicled here) with your basic principle.

    But I won't. You know why? Because you've fucked up that point for good. It's why I maintain you do a serious disservice to the cause of the black man in America.

    Thank God you are in a very minute minority. 'Cause if the majority thought like you, there would've been a mass extermination by one race or another by now.


    But I'll go ahead and state my own opinions about the "cell phone I had to dig through tons of verbal crap to retrieve"........ and here's my disclaimer up front:

    I couldn't give less of a rat's ass what your twisted mind thinks about what I have to say. You've automatically disqualified yourself from any "serious, honest" (your words) discussions about race.

    Having said that, (and addressing everyone else but you)........... it IS sad that the LGBTQXYZ activists are continuing to ram their agenda down society's collective throat (unfortunate choice of words, I'll admit).

    What took black people (AND women) long decades to sort of achieve, these people are trying to achieve in a comparative nanosecond.

    PLUS........ blacks are born blacks and women are born women. Transgenders have a mental sickness that should be humanely addressed. I DIDN'T MENTION GAYS, Fenster.



    So there. Those are my two cents.

    Cue Denilson to spew more verbal dinosaur dung, and Fenster to come rushing in to incorrectly assume I want to kill all gays.
    I'm not gonna get into a debate about LGTB ppl as they don't concern me. Also don't talk to me about women either.

    My focus is only on black people

    The truth of statements, and soundness of arguments, do not change just because you like or dislike the person that said it. That's a core principle of critical thinking: the goal is to determine what is true, not what is merely persuasive. When come with insults, you are letting me know that you’re out of relevant arguments. Your ad hominem arguments are essentially an admission that you have no rational defence to your position, in a way they are you attempt at a draw.

    If I make a statement (“All dogs have four legs.”) and you attack me as a dog hater or "immature" that doesn’t have any influence on my statement.

    Debating with someone like me is not a rap battle where the goal is to belittle and insult the opponent. This is a contest where the winner is chosen by the merits of his argument alone.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 07-05-2019 at 02:19 PM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,058
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Meh...... no nuggets in that post. I'll wait for the next one.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    67
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Meh...... no nuggets in that post. I'll wait for the next one.
    It's simple. The past and present and future of black ppl concern me the most and in that history white ppl have been the main evil. That's how it is. I don't feel for white people the way you do and I'm sure you don't feel for black people like I do. As long as that's understood

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,058
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    I sense you calming down and attempting to make some sense here. That does nothing for my "Denilson nuggets of wisdom collection" but ok.

    You'll always feel the way you do, although I'd venture to say somewhere along the line you'll have a change of heart. Maybe...... maybe not.

    Good luck on all that. IMO, it's not healthy to think in such absolute terms, but you're your own man. You've made up your own mind.

    Strange though, that you've never met (in person, I mean) a white person who has convinced you that your extremism is unwarranted.

    It's ok to be angry at racism. It's not ok to adjudicate it to every person on Earth.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    67
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I sense you calming down and attempting to make some sense here.
    You're the emotional one. Not me. You are the one who does not have the intelligence so has to resort to insults. I've debated with tons of white supremacist. I know how you think. I know what you are going to say. I know what's in your heart. I know how your gonna respond. i know you dude. i know you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    You'll always feel the way you do, although I'd venture to say somewhere along the line you'll have a change of heart. Maybe...... maybe not.
    What are you telling me this ?

    Go and tell that to white people. Go and tell them to change their heart. Your mom, father, friends. Go and challenge the racism you hear all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Strange though, that you've never met (in person, I mean) a white person who has convinced you that your extremism is unwarranted.
    I don't need to meet you in person. What ? Because you are polite ?

    Most white people are polite. That doesn't throw me.

    Racism is not an angry thing. It's not emotional for the most part. It's a system. Just this week there was a white women who went over to Africa (Uganda) and killed 100 kids. She was polite. She was nice on the front end. But she was a white supremacist on the back end and she's chilling and she won't be punished

    You let black Nigerian go to Germany, France, Spain. Argentina and kill 100 white kids.

    You'd never hear the end of it. Trump would tweeting about 24-7. Nigeria would be sanctioned to death. There'll be all kinds of punishments. But that's white supremacy. Whites can kill black people and as long as they get their lie straight, they'll be ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's ok to be angry at racism. It's not ok to adjudicate it to every person on Earth.
    You keep on trying to make this an emotional thing and that's a racial stereotype in itself. You show you racism every type you type in the way you think that black ppl do not think in terms of facts and reasons. Black ppl just get angry and stamp their feet like a child, expecting the whole world to stop and listen to them. Black ppl cannot think ahead and making poor decisions – and then blame others for their mess! Their hatred and anger further clouds their judgement.

    This is how you think. I know you think "I'm angry" "I'm angry" even though you the one doing the insulting.

    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 07-05-2019 at 03:11 PM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,058
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I sense you calming down and attempting to make some sense here.
    You're the emotional one. Not me. You are the one who does not have the intelligence so has to resort to insults. I've debated with tons of white supremacist. I know how you think. I know what you are going to say. I know what's in your heart. I know your gonna respond. i know you dude. i know you.

    Now you're talking! The verbal bullshit meter is cranking up again. Keep it coming bro..... some more nuggets are bound to surface.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    You'll always feel the way you do, although I'd venture to say somewhere along the line you'll have a change of heart. Maybe...... maybe not.
    As long as the system of

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Strange though, that you've never met (in person, I mean) a white person who has convinced you that your extremism is unwarranted.
    I don't need to meet you in person. What ? Because you are polite ?

    I said "a white person". Wasn't talking about me. I don't do charity psycho ward patient work. You need to work on that reading comprehension problem.

    Most white people are polite. That doesn't throw me.

    This is pretty close to a nugget of wisdom, but I've raised my standards. You can do better than that.

    Racism is not an angry thing. It's not emotional for the most part. It's a system. Just this week there was a white women who went over to Africa (Uganda) and killed 100 kids. She was polite. She was nice on the front end. But she was a white supremacist on the back end and she's chilling and she won't be punished

    You let black Nigerian go to Germany, France, Spain. Argentina and kill 100 white kids.

    You'd never hear the end of it. Trump would tweeting about 24-7. Nigeria would be sanctioned to death. There'll be all kinds of punishments. But that's white supremacy. Whites can kill black people and as long as they get their lie straight, they'll be ok.

    Meh..... nothing new here. You're not supplying me enough of your hysterical pronouncements lately. It's ok, I'll wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's ok to be angry at racism. It's not ok to adjudicate it to every person on Earth.
    You keep on trying to make this an emotional thing

    "I'm angry" "I'm angry"

    You are the one doing the insulting. Not me


    If you hadn't noticed, I tend to switch over from trying to reason with you as a human being, to ridiculing you because I see the futility in trying to do so. The ridiculing part is fun....... the reasoning attempts have become tedious a long time ago. This leads to boredom..... and I'm not one to sustain conversations in which I've already been bored to death. You'll have to step up your game, if I am expected to allow you to keep entertaining us.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    67
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If you hadn't noticed, I tend to switch over from trying to reason with you as a human being, to ridiculing you because I see the futility in trying to do so.
    You simply cannot muster an effective refutation of my argument based upon logic and facts; and then, being either overcome with emotion as you cleave to your refuted argument, or being untutored in the fact that personal attacks during a logical argument diminish the standing of your own position.

    But many internet arguments have nothing to do with facts, but a lot to do with raising or protecting one’s social status.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

    The ridiculing part is fun.
    Of course that's point of racism. Racism is fun. Harming black ppl is fun for the white supremacist.

    A white supremacist bar owner in Texas put up a racist sign with the word N*GGER. When customers complained and exposed this, the owner claimed “it was a joke”. White supremacists ALWAYS try to hide their racism behind “jokes”




    White supremacists are always using deceptive talking points i.e "jokes", "gun control", "suspicious person", "Chicago gun violence", "fear for my life", "trespassing", etc. to mask their intent, which is to subjugate, terrorize, brutalize and kill Black people.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    the reasoning attempts have become tedious a long time ago.
    What's reasonable to the wolf is not going to be reasonable to the sheep. What's reasonable to the fox is not going to be reasonable to the hound

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

    This leads to boredom..... and I'm not one to sustain conversations in which I've already been bored to death.
    Well you are the one who starts these racialized topics. Not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

    You'll have to step up your game, if I am expected to allow you to keep entertaining us.
    White people have always been willing to let black people entertain them.

    Even at the height of racism, you still had your Muhammad Ali’s, Jim Brown’s, Joe Louis, Jack Johnson’s, Eusebio’s, Pele’s and Hank Aaron’s.
    Hell when Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s home run record. He broke a record for receiving almost a million letters of hate mail from white supremacists all over the US who were upset about a Black man beating Ruth’s record.





    Even to this day



    But the real question is - How have they felt about blacks being their bankers, doctors, bosses, colleagues, neighbors?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,058
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Those letters..... those are the kind of racists you prefer, right? Just want to make sure I know how your warped mind works. Since every white is racist, you prefer those who come out in the open so that...... like the tiger..... you can see them coming a mile away. But those who are under the surface..... those are the ones you don't like..... right? Those are the ones you don't see coming.

    Just want to make sure I get this shit right.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    67
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Those letters..... those are the kind of racists you prefer, right?
    All whites are racist but let's run with your argument about some whites are not racist

    So your getting attacked by a bunch of killer bees and then some bees say "But hey !! Not all bees are sting" OK. Now how does that help you who is getting stung to the max, right now ? Does these so called good bees none stinging bees fight the other killer bees from stinging you to death ? No. They don't. But they're still sitting up here saying "But hey !! Not all bees are sting"

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Since every white is racist, you prefer those who come out in the open so that...... like the tiger..... you can see them coming a mile away.
    Of course

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    But those who are under the surface..... those are the ones you don't like..... right? Those are the ones you don't see coming.
    Like you

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,058
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?


  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,094
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3039
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    So 2/3rds of the mail Hank Aaron recieved was in support of him then? Even way back in 1974 in Georgia of all places...pretty impressive.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    If America is so racist, then why vote for Obama. Hey, I was more naive then too. After 8 years of Bush I was down with it. Most white people are polite and it is because you take people as individuals. Now if you are going to in swinging telling them that all white people are racist, you won't find politeness. Thus confirming your 'All white people are racist agenda'. Like a broken record, Dennis. Tito why do you keep humoring him?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,058
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    If America is so racist, then why vote for Obama. Hey, I was more naive then too. After 8 years of Bush I was down with it. Most white people are polite and it is because you take people as individuals. Now if you are going to in swinging telling them that all white people are racist, you won't find politeness. Thus confirming your 'All white people are racist agenda'. Like a broken record, Dennis. Tito why do you keep humoring him?


    'Cause apparently I'm now the condescending type. At least that's the latest bandwagon being used now.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    67
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    If America is so racist, then why vote for Obama. Hey, I was more naive then too. After 8 years of Bush I was down with it. Most white people are polite and it is because you take people as individuals. Now if you are going to in swinging telling them that all white people are racist, you won't find politeness. Thus confirming your 'All white people are racist agenda'. Like a broken record, Dennis. Tito why do you keep humoring him?
    You are making two mistakes, the first mistake you make and to be honest if you’re looking to understand why discussions between blacks and whites about racism are often difficult, it's often because whites and blacks are often not talking about the same thing.

    To whites, racism is seen mostly as individual thing like saying a slur. For blacks, it's that too, but racism namely, is the pattern and practice of policies and social institutions, which have the effect of perpetuating deeply embedded structural inequalities between people on the basis of race. It's the experience of systematized discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system. It's the knowledge that one’s entire group is under suspicion, at risk of being treated negatively because of stereotypes held by persons with the power to act on the basis of those beliefs.

    To blacks racism is systemic. To whites, it's purely personal.

    I suppose these differences make sense. Whites have not been the targets of systemic racism, so it is much easier for you to view the matter in personal terms.

    Second mistake you make is thinking that racism is an angry thing. We don't need politeness. Black ppl need justice.

    Polite people change nothing. They never have and they never will. Nice polite white people were the ones who didn’t own black folks during the period of enslavement but also didn’t raise their voices against the ones who did. Polite white people are the ones who didn’t spit on sit-in demonstrators but also had no problem spending money with businesses that had remained segregated all those years.

    One can be polite and not see that which is right before them. The officer who killed Eric Garner might be polite. Likewise, the grand jury that decided not to indict the officer and the grand juries all over the USA who rarely send police officers to Shawshank when they kill a black person might well be filled with polite people.

    So what ?

    Their politeness made them watch an officer kill a man who posed no threat to him, no charging him like a bull, or as Darren Wilson put it to justify his killing of Mike Brown, like “a demon.” So too, I suspect there may be at least a few polite white folks on that grand jury outside of Dayton that refused to indict the officer who killed John Crawford in the Walmart there.

    Polite white people can watch cold blooded murder on video—a video that completely contradicts what the officer said about the incident, and also gives the lie to the claims of the possibly nice white man who first alerted police to Crawford’s presence in the store—and still see nothing at all in the way of a crime.

    So too, the cop who killed 12-year old Tamir Rice in Cleveland and then lied about it—a lie we can all be quite sure of because that killing too is on tape—might well have been polite. . And those who will seek to rationalize these killing (and there are plenty who do), might be nicer than say, a sadist like Bull Connor.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 07-06-2019 at 11:48 AM.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    9,300
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1976
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

    As a God-fearing Christian, I came across this instruction in the Bible today:

    You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this'.
    Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT


    So, I'm thinking about Filipinos or Serbs at the moment. There are some Slovaks in the next village too and quite a large Somali population in Bristol. I'm prepared to travel to get the right deal if necessary.

    Does anybody have any advice or experience in these matters?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-04-2019, 08:29 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing