Apparently, the idea of reparations for slavery is an old idea that has been rekindled as of late.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48665802

"Slavery reparations hearing ignites fiery debate in Congress"

While most may know what all this reparations talk is about, I'll post a neat, concise description from Wikipedia.....

"Reparations for slavery is the idea that some form of compensatory payment needs to be made to the descendants of Africans trafficked to and enslaved in the Americas as part of the Atlantic slave trade. The most notable demands for reparations have been made in the United Kingdom and in the United States. The American, including the Caribbean, and also the African governments, from which the countries where they were taken, have been said to be owed these reparations."

So what say you about this? Dying to hear Denilson's twisted take on this subject, but in the meantime, here's my own two cents.

I'm firmly AGAINST it.

Instead of looking toward the past, and continuing to rehash old history, no matter how bad it was..... society should be looking at the present and the future. Fix things NOW. Make hate groups illegal (KKK, Skinheads, Neo-Nazis), 1st Amendment "skirt hiding" be damned. We all know what our founding fathers meant. And it wasn't that we're free to hate on others because of skin color or the like. It would take someone with major BALLS to go up against that one, but hey..... if Trump was elected, anything's possible.

Forget about tearing down statues and monuments to the nation's past. The past is the past and it's part of the nation's history. Trying to erase it is wrong and dangerous. Instead, use it to keep from making the same terrible mistakes.

Quotas for employment, like EEO has clumsily tried to do, does little but fuel people's anger and resentment. There must be other ways to discourage discrimination due to race or gender (real gender, not imagined ones). We've sent men to the moon (sorry Alpha wherever you are)...... I'm sure we can figure it out. This is the 21st century, FFS. We seem to be going backwards as a society while at the same time inventing more and more technological shit.

Get people of power in government who truly care about the disparity between races in wealth, housing, healthcare, educational opportunities, etc. Not talking heads who say what some people want to hear until they get elected and then get amnesia. Create groups of working people (committees if you will) to work hard at breaking down these disparities. Yes, some people choose to have 10 children and live off the government. Don't punish the whole race because of those. Weed the riff-raff out and deal with them accordingly.

Obama was the first black President and he failed miserably in doing many of these very things. If anything, racial tensions worsened under his watch. Trump is anything but unifying. Let's get somebody up there who's worth a damn.

No quotas..... don't force X percentage of blacks or women to work anywhere. That's hollow and artificial. But at the same time, crack down and protect those worthy enough to get the top jobs who get shunned for no good reason. Again, we're smart enough. We can do it.

BUT....... enough with the paying out reparations to slave descendants. That is the most asinine idea I've ever heard. What on Earth is this going to resolve?? Not an absolute damn thing.

All we're doing is dredging up the past and stirring the shit until it smells real bad. Look forward, not backward.

So basically I'm AGAINST this idea 100%.