Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 111 of 111

Thread: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,397
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2795
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Basically titofans debating tactic is to attack the messenger not the message which is all he can do.
    Sussed him after reading a couple of posts. Hilarious. Volcano hilarious. ()
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,169
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    991
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    1. There is nothing delusional about IQ and the connection it has to things like incarceration, education level, welfare claimants, illegitimate child birth etc. The data is all out there on all of these things. Is it everything? I do not think so. However, is it important? Absolutely. Look up the data, there is research on these things.

    2. I see no need for personal attacks based on little. It is rather insufferable and I would urge you to stop.

    2. IQ tests are the best predictor of success we have. Again, is it an absolutely perfect predictor? No, of course it isn't. However, you are unlikely to find a CEO with an IQ of 90. You are unlikely to find a doctor with an IQ of 92. You wouldn't allow such a person to take on a position requiring significant responsibility.

    3. Of course you would bring up the art angle, but Paul McCartney as amazing as he is is not somebody who would likely do a very good job of running the NHS.

    4. I see there another needless sly dig.

    5. Now you are using your traditional tactic of suggesting flaws in another person that are not there. Am I adverse to risk taking? Well, I try not to be recklessly impulsive. However, I am someone who will move to other countries, move to different cities in other countries, and quit jobs as and when required. That is a degree of risk taking.

    6. Inability to learn would be to continue same old habits that harm. Yes, that is a fate that can befall anyone, but you could on the other hand own the situation and improve things.

    7. Of course IQ can change in life. It would be absurd for a child not to improve ones IQ. One can also self improve and I think this is fundamental and what I keep arguing. One can also decline as with brain trauma or dementia. So what?

    8. Indeed people, including many black people, are choosing to be poor because of the decisions they make. That is a fact of life, now get used to it.

    You certainly come across as rather desperate TBH with your desperation to prove that you work and then fall back on the disabled wife argument constantly. Look at how giddy you were when you got a job interview and then.....failed. Hate to sound mean, but you sound kind of nowhere.

    9. More personal attacks. That's a very bad habit. Are you able to change? You continue to bait and goad, but I would urge you to tone it down a little. You have come begging to several people not to use your name and location because you fear 'losing your job', so how about you treat people with a little fucking respect? Just a suggestion.

    Precisely as I predicted you defaulted to your meritocracy argument. The ideology that dictates your rather simplistic view of the world. It is not a personal attack to suggest that you are not all that special, it is hardly insufferable and employing such hyperbole does nothing to bolster your much exaggerated claims to having a personality dear boy. IQ tests are not predictors of success, behaviour or any of the other twaddle you claim. You are again looking at the world through the rather limited lens of a cog in a failing machine. If you think CEO's and Doctors are the only measures of what constitutes leading a meaningful successful life then therein lies your problem. Think bigger, think better, think less reductively. Diminishing the lives of others simply because you do not understand them does nothing to make your argument for living an incredibly boring and repetitive life any more valid. Most people have been there and done that, but unlike you will not settle for second best. We have one life and thinking there is only one way to live it is a sure fire way of removing opportunity to learn and grow from your own existence.

    I mention art not because it is an angle but because it is an expression of creative intelligence that IQ does nothing to measure. You dismiss it because you personally have never been able to employ that kind of intelligence to make a living and so you even have to reduce someone who even by your own standards has been incredibly successful to nothing, simply because you think a businessman has more worth than a musician. That is an incredibly pathetic last ditch attempt to pretend that rather than change, the whole world should have given up and sold out like yourself. You are young there is nothing stopping you from employing your own creativity to 'bank' or whatever your marker of success is, but you had better pull your socks up as you will need about 10 000 hours of acquiring an artistic skill people are willing to pay for.

    Mentioning your willingness to look for easy answers and conspiracy theories is not a sly dig at all. It is simply stating the truth. You find it impossible to concede anything which is why you will defend many idiots who sell you rubbish. You even believe in multivitamins which was largely debunked in the 1970's and yet you neck pills rather than eat a breakfast. You believe the bell curve. You believed Farrage, You believe any Tom, Dick and Harry if they confirm your belief that you are somehow special and superior. 'Smart' you would say. 'Harder working' you would say. 'Higher IQ' it is all the same thing, self delusion.

    You are incredibly boring mate. That is your prerogative and certainly not something to harangue you over, but it is not an attribute, an asset with which you can claim some kind of superiority. You can choose not to have or raise children but you can not then claim to be in the same position to those that do. You can't replace real lived experience with book learning or data or statistics. I would never claim to be an expert on South Korea, or teaching grammar, yet you seem to think you know about my entire life, work, education and career history solely on the basis that you think you are better, or earn more or some other complete fantasy based on assumptions and conjecture.

    I am not desperate at all. The reality of running a creative business as a freelancer like myself means that i have to ride the rollercoaster of highs and dips but that is the case with thousands of people in this country and millions in the world. Sure I liked earning £30 an hour as an independent support worker and mentor during term time for a few years but I could never spend that amount of hours away from home at the moment with the care needs I have. I am lucky that I can sometimes earn from doing nothing if i have a quiet week and I sell a print but I have not had a full week with no work for months now.

    I was happy to get the interview I did because I would have had the opportunity to earn very good money as a creative producer as a job share (which is very rare) but that would not have meant me giving up my own business, it would just tick over. I am not rich and I am not poor, so I am not complaining and yet you want to paint it like that for some bizarre reason, as though that would justify your own choices by painting me as a failure. I am proud if what I have achieved but that is not an excuse for you and others to keep using my name and mentioning my location etc as though you will both be vindicated by fucking up my reputation or business. That is a bit weird.

    I respect you enough to waste time replying to you on a bloody forum, hoping you might at least see another point of view outside of your bubble, but I find it hard to not respond to your ignorance and personal attacks. It's not just me either, look at how everyone rounds on Denilson, you yourself talking about sending him back to Nigeria. Poor form by any measure and I am not going to validate your daft idea that having a higher IQ than someone makes you better than them.

    Nonsense.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,585
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3115
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

    Dude, you clearly have far more time than me right now. I honestly do not have the time to go deeply into your post. I do not dismiss art at all. I get so much joy from the beauty of language, of music. These things are balms to the eternally restless soul. I do not like abstract painting very much, but enjoy a lot of traditional art, architecture and if one has an interest in Wilde then how on earth can one be dismissive of beauty?

    The crux of this thread is my curiosity about why people choose to stay poor and I don't really understand it. You can say I have 'sold out' all you like but I am not sure who has bought me exactly. I have complete freedom in my work and do exactly what I want.

    I can only put some of the choice making down to a religion of consumerism. You might think I am materialistic but I am not particularly so. I just do not go out of my way to spend everything I earn. 'Oh, you must be so boring'. Not really. The only thing you know about me really is that I tend to read books. You don't know about my day to day life really, so I am always confused by your projections. I have a lot more freedom than you do.

    As for IQ, I don't even pretend to have a super high IQ. I am just realistic in that I know I am in the top 10% band and it somewhat explains where I am and the choices I seem to make. If I had an average IQ of 90 I simply wouldn't be able to do the things I do. I would be more likely to be in prison, or a runaway Dad, or unemployed though.

    Yes, I do believe in a meritocracy. I think we generally find our path within the range of our abilities and there is nothing wrong with that. I know I am not cut out to understand complex mathematics. I have limitations like anyone else. And death awaits us all.

    I just think we can either choose to try or not try and yes in that sense you did a good thing in applying for a job and accepting the failure that went with it. I cocked up a job interview last winter too. It happens. And no they were not white, Denilson.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,585
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3115
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

    And for goodness sake. The Nigeria comment was a tongue in cheek statement. I am loose with words. It is a forum.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,169
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    991
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Dude, you clearly have far more time than me right now. I honestly do not have the time to go deeply into your post. I do not dismiss art at all. I get so much joy from the beauty of language, of music. These things are balms to the eternally restless soul. I do not like abstract painting very much, but enjoy a lot of traditional art, architecture and if one has an interest in Wilde then how on earth can one be dismissive of beauty?

    The crux of this thread is my curiosity about why people choose to stay poor and I don't really understand it. You can say I have 'sold out' all you like but I am not sure who has bought me exactly. I have complete freedom in my work and do exactly what I want.

    I can only put some of the choice making down to a religion of consumerism. You might think I am materialistic but I am not particularly so. I just do not go out of my way to spend everything I earn. 'Oh, you must be so boring'. Not really. The only thing you know about me really is that I tend to read books. You don't know about my day to day life really, so I am always confused by your projections. I have a lot more freedom than you do.

    As for IQ, I don't even pretend to have a super high IQ. I am just realistic in that I know I am in the top 10% band and it somewhat explains where I am and the choices I seem to make. If I had an average IQ of 90 I simply wouldn't be able to do the things I do. I would be more likely to be in prison, or a runaway Dad, or unemployed though.

    Yes, I do believe in a meritocracy. I think we generally find our path within the range of our abilities and there is nothing wrong with that. I know I am not cut out to understand complex mathematics. I have limitations like anyone else. And death awaits us all.

    I just think we can either choose to try or not try and yes in that sense you did a good thing in applying for a job and accepting the failure that went with it. I cocked up a job interview last winter too. It happens. And no they were not white, Denilson.
    It is lunchtime mate. Seriously that is again projection on your part. I don't understand why you find it so hard to accept that millions of people make a living using their creative intelligence.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    6
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    You had to edit your post several hours later which suggests to me off the bat that in real time I think sharper than you do. Can you show up 45 minutes late to an exam and still ace it? I know I can. Exams are mostly IQ tests. The ability to use reason, solve problems and formulate responses. It took you several hours to come up with the immaculate retort of 'are you seven'. That is my competition.
    What did I just say ?

    I just said

    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Ok. You're smarter than me dude. Considering that seems to be so important to you. You can have it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    You ignored my part about there being highly intelligent black people and less intelligent white people as you are pure agenda with an enormous chip on your shoulder.
    Get to the doing part. I'm not interested in your assessment of black or white people.

    What do you do with a race of black people who you claim are on average not as smart as white people ?

    The doing part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    of course I would ace you on an IQ test. I would ace the vast majority of people regardless of color. I have taken enough tests to know how easy they are for me and seen enough people struggle to know others are not so adept.
    You're repeating what you have just said.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Yes, I would suggest that jobs are filled based upon ability so regardless of color the most suitable person gets the job.
    Everyone thinks like this. Your babbling. This statement is a nothing burger because everyone would agree with this.

    But here's thing.

    Who get's to decide who is suitable for the job ?

    Because I'm pretty sure you know that black people without criminal record have the same chance (And often less likely) to get the job than white people who are fresh out of prison with a criminal record

    I'm pretty sure you know this

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    You ignore the part about black people doing exactly the same work that I do too. They don't have your issues, Denilson. You haven't grown up yet.
    How do you know ?

    Black people have to be very careful what they say around white people. Why ? Because black ppl are (for most part) dependent on white people for jobs, for housing. So a black person who talks like I do, would be out of job the next day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think nothing needs to be done in regards to black people
    Exactly. That's the whole point. Everyone I speak about IQ who are always running around trying to prove how stupid black people are, always wimps out at the doing part.

    And you know what ?

    If white supremacists said "OK. We are gonna finally stop telling black ppl what they are. And were gonna grow pair and tell them what were gonna do to them"

    I'd be like



    And if they turned around and said "We are gonna kill every black person on the planet or die trying"

    Once again I'd be like

    Cool



    And I'd go down fighting. And if we are not meant to be here, then fine, we won't be here. So stop trying to prove points. We don't need points.

    Either stop the B.S or let's just get it on for last time and for the final time.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 06-26-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. UK income tax scam or genuine.. HELP
    By smashup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 02:27 PM
  3. the people who stay in on friday nights...
    By Preme in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 05:45 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing