Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

Denilson, I will go through your points in numerical form and be concise as your post was too long and I cannot post it.

1. I have been called racist a number of times, but don't really care. I will stand by data and science and if that is thought crime, then I take it on the chin, bad boy.
    2. You didn't read the second post in this thread. This thread is about first world problems. Regardless, if I was to go and work in Kenya, then I would be earning a few dollars a day like anyone else. It is enough to give you what you need in the environment you are in. Nobody is dying in the millions because of poverty there.
    3. I was not Born in the USA. I am not Bruce Springsteen. However, though it is true that someone born poor is unable to suddenly produce a million dollars, there is no reason why someone cannot save a portion of their income and invest it wisely thus giving themselves a greater cushion in life. I worked for a low wage in the UK, but where did it go? On fun. Have less fun and, hey presto, you save money on a low wage! Amazing right?
    4. You say there is no social mobility, but with good guidance any smart person can do something that pays reasonably well. Forget dreams of millions of dollars like Beyonce, but a real life in the here and now and people can be vets, doctors, teachers, scientists, fitness instructors. These are not all the realm of the super elite. But you do need discipline, guidance and smarts!
    5. This is where I think broken families and a lack of role models is the biggest issue and that is on parents to display RESPONSIBILITY towards those they bring into the world.
    6. Yes, I do think the bulk of poor people remain so as a choice. Certainly in the West.
    7. See, you are citing billionaires. Those are not good examples as they are the exceptions rather than the norm. I am talking about the real world that we can all inhabit and why people choose to be poor. Of course most people are not going to become the new Bill Gates. That does not mean a working class person cannot become comfortable and live a middle class lifestyle with good decisions though. Compounding is not complicated, put 20 pounds a week away from the age of 18 and it will compound. You won't become a twat like Zuckerberg, but you will have more than the many who didn't do that. Decisions.
    8. No, in the UK no race is more advantaged than any other race legally, but personal decisions are another matter and that is where inequality comes from. It is one of the most racially tolerant places in the world.
    9. I am naturally smart, so obviously I have no issues passing courses, interviews and things of this nature. I don't feel my poverty ever held me back beyond not making better decisions sooner, having emotional damage, and lacking guidance earlier. If I could do it all again, I would be in medicine now. Broken families are a hurdle for ANYONE.
    10. No, the average drug dealer would likely not be a great CEO. If he wanted to though he could take a business course and maybe try and get into a company like other people do. A clean criminal record would help for the interview process.
    11. What is this white privilege that I have? I know a black person in the same position as me. Paid the same, treated the same. Seems pretty equal and based on ability to me.
    12. I want no sympathy at all as I do not stay poor, bank each month, and have all I need. Didn't even need to sell drugs, but I guess that is because of my privilege.

Pull yourself together, Dennis. We will help you get a job, give you investment advice, and get you through. Not all white men are out to get you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And why does Denilson get a pass on saying that black people are poor? Do black people get a free pass on the offensive stakes?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

K
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    A better question is; why the fuck do you care? The majority of people in abject poverty are probably happier than you are.
    Who says I care? If poverty is a choice then no I do not care. I am just wondering why people do it to themselves.

Alcoholics make themselves poor, so pour another. See if I care. ������

I know you dont. Why do you pretend to,? Im a trust fund baby, so shut up before I crush you with my wallet.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles, those teenage drug dealers earn more in a day than you do a month. You are a mere pauper to them, your everyman, ordinary 9-to-5 lifestyle pathetic. However hard you work you'll never experience the extravagance, adoration and power of Beyonce's, 2-Pac's and Boris Johnson's.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is so decked out, that my granny paid me 15 an hour in 2001 to paint it myself.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Miles, those teenage drug dealers earn more in a day than you do a month. You are a mere pauper to them, your everyman, ordinary 9-to-5 lifestyle pathetic. However hard you work you'll never experience the extravagance, adoration and power of Beyonce's, 2-Pac's and Boris Johnson's.
    How offensive. 9-5? Never.

I am in competition with nobody nor even trying to get rich. I am just asking why people choose to be poor. Sure a drug dealer can get very rich, but there is also a good chance of going to prison or getting stabbed too. Probably better to not go down that route. Not many drug dealers where I am and a jolly good thing it is too. It is not looked upon too fondly and it is great for society.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

K
    A better question is; why the fuck do you care? The majority of people in abject poverty are probably happier than you are.
    Who says I care? If poverty is a choice then no I do not care. I am just wondering why people do it to themselves.

I know you dont. Why do you pretend to,? Im a trust fund baby, so shut up before I crush you with my wallet.
    You are so pissed up you cannot even remember that you urinated in your wallet. I am not pretending anything, but I would like to see people make better decisions for themselves on a moral level. However, if they don't then it doesn't affect me too much either.

Why so emotional in this thread? You sound like a poor person who spent his months salary. Don't worry. Pay day will come around again next month.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

H
    K

You are so pissed up you cannot even remember that you urinated in your wallet. I am not pretending anything, but I would like to see people make better decisions for themselves on a moral level. However, if they don't then it doesn't affect me too much either.

Why so emotional in this thread? You sound like a poor person who spent his months salary. Don't worry. Pay day will come around again next month.

Shut up, I quite like you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

H
    K

Shut up, I quite like you.
    I know you do and I consider these back and forth's as Derek and Clive style 'being purposely offensive' routines. I would say I love you, but I cannot pretend that as I have no empathy and it would make Walrus jealous. But I do quite like you.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And why does Denilson get a pass on saying that black people are poor? Do black people get a free pass on the offensive stakes?
    Double standards of course mate the PC warriors outraged that someone speaks out
    Miles fancy speaking you mind watch your Ps and Q's the fear of being called a racist
    I totally agree the Black racist carrys on with impunity why because of fear everybody being classed as a bigot racist etc.
    You live your Life you choose a path I know a few people who did not have the best upbringing but they went on to adult education and made something of themselves.
    Trouble is with poverty people love to bragg how poor they are !!

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Double standards of course mate the PC warriors outraged that someone speaks out
    Miles fancy speaking you mind watch your Ps and Q's the fear of being called a racist
    I totally agree the Black racist carrys on with impunity why because of fear everybody being classed as a bigot racist etc.
    You live your Life you choose a path I know a few people who did not have the best upbringing but they went on to adult education and made something of themselves.
    Nobody takes what Denise says seriously.
    He is a worthless peasant who has been brainwashed by the death cult.
    Little man , little victim.
    Fucking boo hoo.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mind him being a complete racist, but it was funny that he was the one saying black people are poor to begin with and me saying it was choice was apparently the very devilish thing to do. I just think people do happen to have some agency over their lives. Exactly people from poor beginnings can and often do just fine. On the flip side many do not. It is about choices at the end of the day.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fucking boo hoo.
    Would you be willing to donate a fiver to the slave reparation fund and send him back to Nigeria?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fucking boo hoo.
    Would you be willing to donate a fiver to the slave reparation fund and send him back to Nigeria?
    No , I wouldn't give him the steam off my poss.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've only tried to answer the questions that I've not answered b4.

1. I have been called racist a number of times, but don't really care. I will stand by data and science and if that is thought crime, then I take it on the chin, bad boy.
    Of course if your in a system of white supremacy, a system of racism, then your always going to need some kind of scientific rationale to justify that system. That's why white supremacist are always running around trying to prove how stupid black ppl are (Bell Curve) and trying to prove how violent black people are.

But if you think science can settle moral questions, you need only look at the differing scientific opinions over climate change, or evolution to see how wrong your assumptions can be.

If you rest your claim on scientific knowledge and then the scientific knowledge changes, you are duty bound to change morality. No ?

2. You didn't read the second post in this thread. This thread is about first world problems. Regardless, if I was to go and work in Kenya, then I would be earning a few dollars a day like anyone else.
    "First World" ? Even using those words shows how deeply soaked you are in a white supremacist world view.

You have a choice if you wanted to work in Kenya earning a few dollars. Local Ppl earning a few dollars in Kenya don't have that choice.

That's the difference.

They can't hop on a plane when sh*t get's too heavy and go to bk to your world like the way you can.

It is enough to give you what you need in the environment you are in. Nobody is dying in the millions because of poverty there.
    People don't die from poverty in Kenya ?

Really ?

There should be no-one dying of poverty and hunger any where on the planet. None. Zero

It’s the scorched earth shit. They (the white supremacist) fk up the water over there. They fk up the earth so they cant grow anything and then and then give them a bag of rice in exchange for a bag of diamonds.

The mobile phone or I-phone you have in your pocket, or laptop would not even work without Congolese coltan

And who do you think mines that ? Yup black Africans.

Who controls Coltan deposits over there ? Apple (The biggest company in the world)

Africa has the biggest stores of

• Gold and diamonds
    • Oil
    • Cocoa
    • Timber

Not to mention Iron, Platinum, Uranium, Chromium. Even Cement is exported from Egypt and Morocco. Also Africa is one of the most diverse geological continents.

The African countries are held hostage through debt. The debt payback is done by getting more resources at low prices. Meanwhile local infrastructures are crumbling, social programmes and local developments are cut because of the paybacks.

The debt relief comes with a price. The African resource producing countries have to sell everything for a special discount price which opens the doors to all sorts of speculations from foreign investors demanding high returns.

Another by-product the west is expecting from their ‘generous gestures’ is to get positive votes at the next UN assembly. Any African who goes against it ? They threaten the local authorities to pull their funds out or threaten them to initiate another government turnover.

3. I was not Born in the USA.
    And that means what ? White supremacy is global.

I am not Bruce Springsteen.
    What has Springsteen got to do with anything ?

4. You say there is no social mobility, but with good guidance any smart person can do something that pays reasonably well. Forget dreams of millions of dollars like Beyonce, but a real life in the here and now and people can be vets, doctors, teachers, scientists, fitness instructors. These are not all the realm of the super elite. But you do need discipline, guidance and smarts!
    But in order to become a vets, doctors, teachers, scientists and less so a fitness instructors you need an education and education is part of the system of white supremacy.

Black kids are punished more harshly than white kids for minor behavioral infractions, even if they commit those infractions no more frequently than whites.

Black children are tracked into basic and remedial level classes while white kids are tracked into advanced and honors classes (whether or not they show promise and even sometimes quite a bit less)

Why are predominantly Black school districts are under-funded ?
    Why are predominantly Black school districts under-staffed with inexperienced teachers ?
    Why are predominantly Black school districts denied books ?
    Why are predominantly Black school districts denied microscopes and other lab equipment ?
    Why are predominantly Black school districts always have hazardous waste near by black schools ?
    Why are predominantly Black school districts always have to cut art and music classes, sports teams and sometimes hot meals in a cafeteria ?

Answer = Because we live in system of white supremacy.

And even when black people do navigate our way through all that B.S, black grads are still less likely than whites to get a job, still paid less, still less likely for career advancement
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 06-23-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Thread Information