Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Thread: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    5. This is where I think broken families and a lack of role models is the biggest issue and that is on parents to display RESPONSIBILITY towards those they bring into the world.
    Once again. Barack Obama did not have kids out of wedlock. He was a good father. That did not stop the white supremacists from coming after him

Illegitimacy has been rising across the West. In France and Sweden, for example, most children are no longer born to married women. That is a sea change in Western society that goes way beyond Black America.

The birth rate among unmarried Black women has been dropping since the early 90's – meaning that they are acting more responsibly, not less. The reason the illegitimacy rate goes up is because the birth rate among married Black women has been dropping even faster, something that has been going on since the 1950s.

Also an illegitimate birth tells you nothing about whether the mother lives with the father or gets married later, just as a legitimate birth tells you nothing about divorce, separation or incarceration.

8. No, in the UK no race is more advantaged than any other race legally, but personal decisions are another matter and that is where inequality comes from. It is one of the most racially tolerant places in the
    Does racism exist ? Because if you are saying that "no race is more advantaged than any other race" then your saying that racism does not exist. Right ? Because the whole point of white supremacy is to give white a head start.

9. I am naturally smart, so obviously I have no issues passing courses, interviews and things of this nature.
    "I'm naturally smart" Get over yourself (lol)

Because when you sought admission to a university, applied for a job, went for an interview, almost all of the people who evaluated you for those things looked like you, they were white. They saw in you a reflection of themselves, and in a racist world that is an advantage. You smiled. You are white. You were one of them. You were not dangerous. Even when you got angry, you were cut some slack. After all, your white. White privilege has meant that scores of second-rate white ppl have slid through the system because their flaws were overlooked out of solidarity based on race.

11. What is this white privilege that I have? I know a black person in the same position as me. Paid the same, treated the same. Seems pretty equal and based on ability to me.
    White privilege works in 3 ways

1) Material (greater opportunity in the labor market, or greater net worth, due to a history in which whites had the ability to accumulate wealth to a greater extent than blk ppl)
    2) Social (such as presumptions of competence, creditworthiness, law-abidingness, intelligence)
    3) Psychological (not having to worry about triggering negative stereotypes, rarely having to feel out of place, not having to worry about racial profiling, etc.).

White privilege is the flipside of discrimination against black people.

If you are saying white privilege does not exist, then you must also say racism does not exist

There can be no down without an up

If black people are the targets of discrimination, in housing, employment, the justice system, or elsewhere, then whites, by definition, are being elevated above those black ppl.

12. I want no sympathy at all as I do not stay poor, bank each month, and have all I need. Didn't even need to sell drugs, but I guess that is because of my privilege.
    Yes it is.

Pull yourself together, Dennis. We will help you get a job, give you investment advice, and get you through. Not all white men are out to get you.
    Denilson is doing very ok. In fact if you knew what I do and how much money I earn..... I'd shock the pants off you.

But I also know that the white supremacist could take everything I have away from me if they wanted. So I don't get fooled by my money. I understand I live in a system of white supremacy
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 06-23-2019 at 04:06 AM.

Thread Information