Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Genuine Question: Why do people stay poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I have no racial hangups.
    What's a racial hangup ?

I'm afraid these two statements don't help your case nor that of your new BFF.
    What's a racial hangup ?

Simple question.

I want to know what you mean by that. It's not a hard question.

No. Just a baffling one, as you seem to have at least average intelligence and "racial hangup" isn't that difficult to decipher.

hang-up
    SLANG
    a problem or difficulty, esp. one of a personal or emotional nature that a person seems unable to deal with

hang-up
    noun
    Informal
    A psychological or emotional difficulty or inhibition.
    An obstacle to smooth progress or development.

Take your pick.

ra·cial
    /ˈrāSHəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    relating to race.
    "a racial minority"
    synonyms: ethnic, race-related, ethnological

Anything else I can help you with?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's a racial hangup ?

What's a racial hangup ?

Simple question.

No. Just a baffling one, as you seem to have at least average intelligence and "racial hangup" isn't that difficult to decipher.

hang-up
    SLANG
    a problem or difficulty, esp. one of a personal or emotional nature that a person seems unable to deal with

hang-up
    noun
    Informal

Take your pick.

ra·cial
    /ˈrāSHəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    relating to race.
    "a racial minority"

You didn't answer the question.

I asked what you meant by "racial hangup"

I didn't ask to give me the dictionary definition of each word (and the oxford dictionary is written by white ppl)

I asked for you to define the term.

El Kabong Guest

What's a racial hangup ?

What's a racial hangup ?

Simple question.

hang-up
    SLANG

hang-up
    noun
    Informal

Take your pick.

ra·cial
    /ˈrāSHəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    relating to race.
    "a racial minority"

I didn't ask to give me the dictionary definition of each word (and the oxford dictionary is written by white ppl)

Wouldn't "defining the term" just be putting both dictionary definitions together....I'm white and it's what I would do so OBVIOUSLY that's correct

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's a racial hangup ?

What's a racial hangup ?

Simple question.

hang-up
    SLANG

hang-up
    noun
    Informal

Take your pick.

ra·cial
    /ˈrāSHəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    relating to race.
    "a racial minority"

Hmm... maybe I overestimated you. Sorry, spoon-feeding just isn't my thing.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is hoping to land a sea bass. The fact that (from what I think you have shared here) you arent the right type of fish, makes it pretty amusing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    What's a racial hangup ?

What's a racial hangup ?

Simple question.

hang-up
    SLANG

hang-up
    noun
    Informal

Take your pick.

ra·cial
    /ˈrāSHəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    relating to race.
    "a racial minority"

Wouldn't "defining the term" just be putting both dictionary definitions together....I'm white and it's what I would do so OBVIOUSLY that's correct
    No. What you do with people like titofan and Gandalf is ask them questions when you debate them.

And then theyll will go into humor and try and be sarcastic which is usually them tapping out.

Basically titofans debating tactic is to attack the messenger not the message which is all he can do.

I know exactly how he thinks.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can you pretend to know “exactly” how someone thinks? That’s extremely insulting, you'd be ashamed of yourself, if it were possible.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    How can you pretend to know “exactly” how someone thinks? That’s extremely insulting, you'd be ashamed of yourself, if it were possible.

Go easy on him. He says he has no racial hangups..... then says he doesn't know what means.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Go easy on him. He says he has no racial hangups..... then says he doesn't know what means.
    right?!? As if not having any answers somehow furthers his argument. Waste of time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's start with this IQ thing first

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    1. Okay, so you are now going to deny hundreds of scientific investigations. IQ is the one of the most tested aspects there is when it comes to evaluating human intelligence and behavior. Unlike evolution, or global warming, you and I can take an IQ test right now and compare scores. We can also then compare our lives. Just me and you, one on one, and come to some conclusions. Either you are smarter than me. Or else I am smarter than you. A shoot out. IQ is of course useful as an overall evaluator of races, genders, age groups, religious types typically large groups of people. If it was down to me and you it would be taking us as individuals and I prefer that approach as there are undeniably very smart black people and some very stupid white people. I am confident I can perform better than you though Denilson and it is not because you are black.
    Call me intellectually inferior all day

I don't give a sh*t about that

Listen to yourself

"Either you are smarter than me. Or else I am smarter than you. A shoot out. "

You sound like seven years old (lol)

Ok. You're smarter than me dude. Considering that seems to be so important to you. You can have it.

Because all I want to know from all you guys who are always running around trying to prove how stupid black people are is three questions :

1) If IQ is so important then why don't you drive you argument to it's logical conclusions : That is why not give all the top positions to those with the highest IQ ? Why have elections ? Why have job interviews or resumes ? Just give you all them the person with the highest IQ ?

2) If you are trying to ground IQ as a genetic product of race the very first thing you NEED to do is offer up a genetic or biological definition of race.

Something no one has not done nor has any study.

But I always, sit back, invite guys like you to me give such a definition. Mainly because their fumbling attempts to define race point out just how subjective such definitions are.

In close to 15 years of debating race and IQ and genetics.

I have yet to see any one of them, no matter what their scientific c credentials, offer up an acceptably neutral definition of race.

And finally and by far the most important question

3) What do you do with a race of black people who you are claiming are not as smart as white people (on av) ?

You had to edit your post several hours later which suggests to me off the bat that in real time I think sharper than you do. Can you show up 45 minutes late to an exam and still ace it? I know I can. Exams are mostly IQ tests. The ability to use reason, solve problems and formulate responses. It took you several hours to come up with the immaculate retort of 'are you seven'. That is my competition.

You ignored my part about there being highly intelligent black people and less intelligent white people as you are pure agenda with an enormous chip on your shoulder. Of course I would ace you on an IQ test. I would ace the vast majority of people regardless of color. I have taken enough tests to know how easy they are for me and seen enough people struggle to know others are not so adept.

Yes, I would suggest that jobs are filled based upon ability so regardless of color the most suitable person gets the job. You ignore the part about black people doing exactly the same work that I do too. They don't have your issues, Denilson. You haven't grown up yet.

I think nothing needs to be done in regards to black people but in terms of society and that is we encourage nuclear families with children planned well and provide every opportunity to learn. I agree few will become Zuckerberg and neither will you or I but you can do well. Watch the video I posted. That young black man went through just what I and other disadvantaged people have been through. It is about self responsibility.

I am supposed to be retired, but came back to give you an honest response. You can ask questions, but I am taking a break for a while. Wsit a few months and I will answer more if you like. Good luck and cheer up.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And on IQ did I say it was solely genetic? The debate is open on that, but I have argued plenty of times, I would like to believe it is more about nurturing and environment. Regardless, the data is what it is and the best way to start is with a cultural change meaning self improvement. The chap in the video certainly improved himself well enough. Watch it, you might learn something beyond your echo chamber.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Okay, so you are now going to deny hundreds of scientific investigations. IQ is the one of the most tested aspects there is when it comes to evaluating human intelligence and behavior. Unlike evolution, or global warming, you and I can take an IQ test right now and compare scores. We can also then compare our lives. Just me and you, one on one, and come to some conclusions. Either you are smarter than me. Or else I am smarter than you. A shoot out. IQ is of course useful as an overall evaluator of races, genders, age groups, religious types typically large groups of people. If it was down to me and you it would be taking us as individuals and I prefer that approach as there are undeniably very smart black people and some very stupid white people. I am confident I can perform better than you though Denilson and it is not because you are black.

Listen to yourself

Ok. You're smarter than me dude. Considering that seems to be so important to you. You can have it.

Because all I want to know from all you guys who are always running around trying to prove how stupid black people are is three questions :

1) If IQ is so important then why don't you drive you argument to it's logical conclusions : That is why not give all the top positions to those with the highest IQ ? Why have elections ? Why have job interviews or resumes ? Just give you all them the person with the highest IQ ?

2) If you are trying to ground IQ as a genetic product of race the very first thing you NEED to do is offer up a genetic or biological definition of race.

But I always, sit back, invite guys like you to me give such a definition. Mainly because their fumbling attempts to define race point out just how subjective such definitions are.

I have yet to see any one of them, no matter what their scientific c credentials, offer up an acceptably neutral definition of race.

3) What do you do with a race of black people who you are claiming are not as smart as white people (on av) ?

You had to edit your post several hours later which suggests to me off the bat that in real time I think sharper than you do. Can you show up 45 minutes late to an exam and still ace it? I know I can. Exams are mostly IQ tests. The ability to use reason, solve problems and formulate responses. It took you several hours to come up with the immaculate retort of 'are you seven'. That is my competition.

You ignored my part about there being highly intelligent black people and less intelligent white people as you are pure agenda with an enormous chip on your shoulder. Of course I would ace you on an IQ test. I would ace the vast majority of people regardless of color. I have taken enough tests to know how easy they are for me and seen enough people struggle to know others are not so adept.

Yes, I would suggest that jobs are filled based upon ability so regardless of color the most suitable person gets the job. You ignore the part about black people doing exactly the same work that I do too. They don't have your issues, Denilson. You haven't grown up yet.

I think nothing needs to be done in regards to black people but in terms of society and that is we encourage nuclear families with children planned well and provide every opportunity to learn. I agree few will become Zuckerberg and neither will you or I but you can do well. Watch the video I posted. That young black man went through just what I and other disadvantaged people have been through. It is about self responsibility.

I am supposed to be retired, but came back to give you an honest response. You can ask questions, but I am taking a break for a while. Wsit a few months and I will answer more if you like. Good luck and cheer up.

Give me 50 years and Ill still ice you, motherfucker.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen to yourself

This is just another extension of your meritocracy delusion. For you IQ is everything because you have nothing else. It is also the go to choice for you because by any normal and reasonable measure you are not all that special. Your inability to adapt to your environment ( a much more accurate test of intelligence ) has forced you into exile hiding away in a flat drinking tea and reading books about Oscar Wilde as a substitute for having had a personality bypass.

IQ does nothing to measure the ability to ignore the cognitive bias that you clearly start any attempt at reasoning from. IQ tests are actually a very poor indicator of all round intelligence. The problem lies within the definition and like with all discussions of complexity or multi-faceted problems you will dismiss any discussion that is not merely surface level as a word salad. Though it is clearly your popcorn level of attention at fault you will deflect any uncomfortable or complicated questions with an automatic deferral to data and statistics, all helpfully provided by whoever is your bigot of the moment this week.For you and proponents of the IQ test, intelligence, very conveniently is defined as the mental abilities that can be defined by IQ tests. Think for one second about the backwards engineering employed to justify such a reductive pile of faux intellectual nonsense.
    Cognitive capacity is better understood as a series of overlapping multiple intelligences most of which can not be measured in any meaningful way by the laughably naïve IQ test. Mathematical, emotional, visual-spatial, verbal,musical,social,Physiological,self-reflective,etc

IQ does not even measure rational thinking, that is the ability to act counter intuitively. (I am not advocating ignoring or failing to harness the valuable power if intuition in interpersonal relationships and music and art. In fact in circumstances in which one has had a lot of first hand experience knowing when to trust ones intuition is often the most intellectually sound way of reacting.)What I am proposing is that our actual ability, and desire to actively use deliberative skills, is not something measured by IQ tests at all.What this means in the real world is that 'Smart People' as those who do well in IQ tests like to call themselves, often make stupid decisions. They are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories, more likely to want to be told what to do, mainly because of their own very limited version of intelligence.

So like you Gandalf, they take fewer risks but have greater emotional instability anyway. They go through life failing to learn. Why? because they think that book centred learning is the same as real world experience, which of course it isn't. This means not only do they think their work holds more weight and their reasoning is superior to others, they also think they (because of their high IQ and they think immunity to making mistakes) are less likely to fall for scams. Gandalf you have fallen for scams repeatedly for years though, and that is just the ones you are admitting to us, but because you have become skilled in defending dumb beliefs, you have even managed to convince yourself that black people choose to be poor.

IQ is not even fixed, it can change dramatically through your life. Heritability is not the same as hereditary (I have written about this here before) and so the whole idea that groups have correlated IQ because of race is bullshit and wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Beanz; 06-25-2019 at 11:07 PM. Reason: To admit my own fallability, remove insults and boost Gandalfs superiority complex until his head explodes and he comes back down to earth
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. There is nothing delusional about IQ and the connection it has to things like incarceration, education level, welfare claimants, illegitimate child birth etc. The data is all out there on all of these things. Is it everything? I do not think so. However, is it important? Absolutely. Look up the data, there is research on these things.

2. I see no need for personal attacks based on little. It is rather insufferable and I would urge you to stop.

2. IQ tests are the best predictor of success we have. Again, is it an absolutely perfect predictor? No, of course it isn't. However, you are unlikely to find a CEO with an IQ of 90. You are unlikely to find a doctor with an IQ of 92. You wouldn't allow such a person to take on a position requiring significant responsibility.

3. Of course you would bring up the art angle, but Paul McCartney as amazing as he is is not somebody who would likely do a very good job of running the NHS.

4. I see there another needless sly dig.

5. Now you are using your traditional tactic of suggesting flaws in another person that are not there. Am I adverse to risk taking? Well, I try not to be recklessly impulsive. However, I am someone who will move to other countries, move to different cities in other countries, and quit jobs as and when required. That is a degree of risk taking.

6. Inability to learn would be to continue same old habits that harm. Yes, that is a fate that can befall anyone, but you could on the other hand own the situation and improve things.

7. Of course IQ can change in life. It would be absurd for a child not to improve ones IQ. One can also self improve and I think this is fundamental and what I keep arguing. One can also decline as with brain trauma or dementia. So what?

8. Indeed people, including many black people, are choosing to be poor because of the decisions they make. That is a fact of life, now get used to it.

You certainly come across as rather desperate TBH with your desperation to prove that you work and then fall back on the disabled wife argument constantly. Look at how giddy you were when you got a job interview and then.....failed. Hate to sound mean, but you sound kind of nowhere.

9. More personal attacks. That's a very bad habit. Are you able to change? You continue to bait and goad, but I would urge you to tone it down a little. You have come begging to several people not to use your name and location because you fear 'losing your job', so how about you treat people with a little fucking respect? Just a suggestion.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    What's a racial hangup ?

What's a racial hangup ?

Simple question.

hang-up
    SLANG

hang-up
    noun
    Informal

Take your pick.

ra·cial
    /ˈrāSHəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    relating to race.
    "a racial minority"

No. What you do with people like titofan and Gandalf is ask them questions when you debate them.

And then theyll will go into humor and try and be sarcastic which is usually them tapping out.

Basically titofans debating tactic is to attack the messenger not the message which is all he can do.

I know exactly how he thinks.
    Ok then...

What do you think TitoFan meant by "racial hangup"?

Thread Information