Yeah fair enough.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence/Porter unification now signed - $75 FOX PPV/Sky Sports

To be honest, this is the best Porter has ever looked.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence and Garcia...ahh man? Garcia v Manny I would watch but this is just in house cooking.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is 100% true what Spence said. How the tables have turned that Spence has been calling these guys out forever and now Garcia is calling Spence out

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm officially rooting for the guy who doesn't claim that screaming shreaking gal in the crowd. Awesome give and take in 4th tough scrap. Spence needs to sharpen up

Right?

I think the screaming shrieking gal is a Porter fan. She's doing her thing during the Porter interview.

I still hate to watch the guy fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow great fight I had porter ahead by a round but missed the second round my stream dropped out. If Spence took that second round, I had it a draw. I could see a lot of body shots clearly. Have to watch it may twice again.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Porter has proven that he is a tough style match up for anybody. His mauling style is just hard to look good against

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight. It would have been terrible if Spence didn't try to out macho him. Also Jack Reiss did good, a fussy ref would have ruined it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m ok with Spence winning, but Porter won me over as a fan. He’s like Timothy Bradley, Evander Holyfield...etc. Classy guy and just a ridiculous competitor who you will have to go through hell to beat. He has been 50/50 with every fighter who has beaten him- not saying they were robberies, just that they could have gone either way (some of his wins have been like that also).

I was waiting for this fight to fully commit to the Crawford-Spence winner, and I feel that Bud will win that one. Spence is a great fighter, but I don’t think he will cut the ring off effectively after watching Shawn’s lateral movement bother him. I’m not interested in watching him beat Danny Garcia- definitely won’t buy that one on PPV.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Great fight. It would have been terrible if Spence didn't try to out macho him. Also Jack Reiss did good, a fussy ref would have ruined it.
    Great points. Agree 100% on the ref doing a great job, Jay Nady would’ve ruined that one for sure.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I’m ok with Spence winning, but Porter won me over as a fan. He’s like Timothy Bradley, Evander Holyfield...etc. Classy guy and just a ridiculous competitor who you will have to go through hell to beat. He has been 50/50 with every fighter who has beaten him- not saying they were robberies, just that they could have gone either way (some of his wins have been like that also).

I was waiting for this fight to fully commit to the Crawford-Spence winner, and I feel that Bud will win that one. Spence is a great fighter, but I don’t think he will cut the ring off effectively after watching Shawn’s lateral movement bother him. I’m not interested in watching him beat Danny Garcia- definitely won’t buy that one on PPV.

I still can't be a fan of Porter's style. I just don't enjoy watching his type of "boxing." Yes, he reminds me of Timothy Bradley and I had even mentioned that earlier on another thread, I think. But Evander? Please no. They're all classy and ridiculous competitors like you say...... but Evander was fun to watch. He wasn't that mauler type who spends over 90 percent of his time in the ring grappling the other guy. I just can't get myself to like Porter's style. Good guy and all that.... but I'm still rooting for him to get beat soundly by anyone who's up to the task.

Who's to say what would've happened had Spence stayed outside and just tried to outbox Porter. Instead, he tried to out-Porter Porter, like Fenster mentioned. I respect him for that... but it's tough to beat Porter at his own game. If Spence had stayed outside and "sharp-shootered" (grammatical license) him, maybe we would've seen an easy decision win for Spence. As for Bud-Spence, this doesn't change my mind one bit. Porter is a tough bird, albeit horrible to watch, whereas Bud is more the classical fighter. In other words, Bud is not the rushing mauler Porter is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as everyone mentioned, Spence did himself no favors by fighting porters rough and sloppy inside fight game. Spence won, but didn't make it looks easy or very convincing. Not taking anything away from him, as most fighters looks human against top competitors in their division. I thought it would go the distance, but thought Spences body shots would have more of an impact on porter later in the fight. Gotta give porter his props, dude put it on all on the table, as usual.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Wow great fight I had porter ahead by a round but missed the second round my stream dropped out. If Spence took that second round, I had it a draw. I could see a lot of body shots clearly. Have to watch it may twice again.
    i gave it to porter.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence won but he didn't beat Porter.

As you can see Spence uses that old skool trick of holding your opponents head down and then sneaking them.

I thought Spence's skills would put daylight between himself and Porter. They didn't

PBC makes me sick.

No mention of Crawford again, looks like they going to recycle Garcia now for Spence. NOBODY is interested in that fight. The people are demanding Crawford. Nobody else should be under consideration now. Spence vs Danny is a one sided beat down. Waste of time.

I still think Spence would beat Crawford because Crawford gives his opponents time. Meaning a SLOWER paced fight which will work in Spence's favor. Spence likes room to shoot. Crawford will give him that room. Where as in this fight Porter did the same thing he always does, bullrush his way in and swings his arms. No one looks good against him.

Crawford is more dynamic and athletic and he seems to process things quicker with the ability to implement changes on the fly. I hope we get to see them fight sooner than later while both are undefeated.

But Spence THINKS he's a lot better than he actually is, this fight showed that and after this showing Pacquiao fighting Spence doesn't look so crazy anymore.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 09-29-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight, first off, a great fight. Although I felt Spence won the fight and for the most part was in control, I can’t help thinking Spence fought totally the wrong fight, but maybe that doesn’t give credit to Porter, who maybe forced Spence to fight that fight.
    I’ve seen people say they don’t like watching Porter, how can you not admire and respect the guy. He fucking gave everything! Yeah, style is a bit rough round the edges, but he won me over last night as I never really rated him.
    Also seen people say they reckon Spence chose to fight like that. Maybe he did, but if he did , he’s gone down in my estimation. He doesn’t have to prove his machismo. A quality top top fighter will impose his strengths on the fight and make it easier for himself. Why take the risk? It’s Boxing and it’s serious shit, you don’t play Boxing.
    Fighting SDG Next is bollocks, but hey.
    Final thought, Porter is TOUGH!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information