https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...n-uk-in-august

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

Gervonta Davis is the main guy who has a good shot against Loma, but you know ... TMT. But for some reason daddy Floyd and Nostrils Ellerbe have put a restraining order against Loma and they just want tank to keep fighting part time fisherman from south America (Actually that's harsh)

Campbell is a very sound fighter and he'd have a 6 inch reach adv over Loma but he's just too stiff to worry him. Campbell has all the physical advantages but fluid fighters tend to have the beating of more mechanical ones.

In fact I'll go as far to say that Campbell wonā€™t win a minute of this fight.

To be honest this is getting ridiculous; C'mon Bob, give us a real fight. Or maybe ArumĀ“s plan is Loma vs. Teofimo in early 2020 for Undisputed ?

Sucks for Devin Haney, but hey you want a belt ? Well you're going to have to beat the VERY BEST in the Division and not Luke Campbell

Bottom line is Campbell though heā€™s talented always tends to be in the right place at the wrong time. He's probably one of those guys whoā€™s destined to never win a world title.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 06-27-2019 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why not rematch Anthony Crolla while hes at it? Hope this doesnt become a trend.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma is going to retire having fought a load of good fighters. Good

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Campbell is a decent boxer, but Lomachenko is too good. I see Campbell's performance is better than Crolla, but inferior to Pedrasa

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Campbell is a decent boxer, but Lomachenko is too good. I see Campbell's performance is better than Crolla, but inferior to Pedrasa
    ā€œInferior to Pedrasaā€, is this the world weā€™re in? Modern boxing, the guy we are told is the best is taking steps down from Pedraza, Canelo has been elevated to ā€œFranchise Championā€ and someone looking to argue with me is saying the sport is going in a positive direction.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    ā€œInferior to Pedrasaā€, is this the world weā€™re in? Modern boxing, the guy we are told is the best is taking steps down from Pedraza, Canelo has been elevated to ā€œFranchise Championā€ and someone looking to argue with me is saying the sport is going in a positive direction.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I donā€™t speak emoji, you have a headache? šŸ˜‰

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I donā€™t speak emoji, you have a headache? ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½
    Whatever you do speak certainly lends to a headache.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear that "someone" is a dapper, suave, debonair, boxing erudite. Just hearsay, though.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought I was the someone, definitely dont fit that bill though.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomanchenko not sure on what his plans are after unifying. He still has to get passed Campbell and in boxing nothing is written in stone but should he do so there is still the winner of Commey-Lopez to face .

From Boxing Scene -

WBA, WBO lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko (13-1, 10 KOs) is taking part in his 15th professional bout on Saturday night, when he faces Luke Campbell at the O2 Arena in London.
    The vacant WBC lightweight title will also be at stake. And should he win, he plans to target the IBF title in order to unify the entire division.
    "It's one of my goals and dream to put my name in boxing history," Lomachenko said to BBC Sport. "That's why I started a pro career and fought for a world title in my second fight. I'm the fastest three-weight world champion, so I do everything for legacy."

After two 397 amateur contests, two Olympic gold medals and world titles in three weight classes - Lomachenko is not looking to extend his career for too much longer.
    If he unifies the entire lightweight division, he could very well retire at that point. Lomachenko has maintained that he's even too small for his current weight class and has no desire to fight at junior welterweight.
    The 31-year-old boxer made it clear that he's got zero intention of fighting as long as Manny Pacquiao, who at continues to fight at the highest level at 40-years-old.
    "No, I don't want that, it's too much. I have trained since I am four years old. I was born a boxer," Lomachenko said.
    "Always, something has to end. I want to hunt, I want to fish every day. Now I can't do this as I train every day. My motivation, my goal, is four titles [at lightweight]. After, I don't know what happens. Now it's two more belts."
    Lomachenko is a huge favorite to beat Campbell. Should he come away victorious, the next step would be the winner of the December battle between Richard Commey and Teofimo Lopez, who clash for the IBF title. Top Rank, who promote Lomachenko, would like to see him face the winner of Commey-Lopez in the first quarter of 2020.

https://www.boxingscene.com/lomachen...vision--142039
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even blind optimism or unbreakable patriotism cant muster up a way for Campbell to get anything out of this other than a systematic beat down. He has nothing to keep Loma off of him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Even blind optimism or unbreakable patriotism cant muster up a way for Campbell to get anything out of this other than a systematic beat down. He has nothing to keep Loma off of him.
    Skills....for a while at least. It is a massive ask and he is not likely to go all Salido and turn one of Loma's gonads into a speedball, but never say never.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Skills....for a while at least. It is a massive ask and he is not likely to go all Salido and turn one of Loma's gonads into a speedball, but never say never.
    Im saying it He could tag team with Ben Stokes and his bat and still not win. There are only so many miracles to go around.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information