Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Not sure where the value lies with Loma-Campbell but why is the little mexican who chinned Selby a 5/2 shot against Charlie Edwards? If he was a 14-1-0 (11 KOs), 23-year-old Mexican I would consider backing him blind at those those odds (the strength-in-depth, for little men, in Mexico/South America and Asia is much stronger than Europe and USA). However, he has a couple of solid wins as well as a serious one over Selby (looked a right little hard bastard, vicious body shots).

Julio Cesar Martinez Aguilar - 5/2 (10 returns 35)
The ā€œstrength-in-depth, for little men, in Mexico/South Americaā€ is in the USA.
Registered Flyweights (the specific weight for this bout)

USA - 20

Latin America - 197

This is really quite simple, most everyone already gets this but it seems you are behind in class so let me explain this very very simple thing.... the good Latin American fighters come to the USA. If there are any other very very simple things you need explained to you, donā€™t lie, stick to asking, itā€™s better for everyone.
Behind in class? I'm the muthafukkin Teacher.

Lets look at The Ring magazine top ten flyweights - 4 Japanese - 2 Latin Americans - 2 Brits - 1 South African - 1 Ukraine - 0 USA.

By your rationale, the two Latinos will have fought, be based, learnt their trade or ply their trade in the USA, right? They've had 48 fights between them, zero in the USA. Neither are based or live there. In fact, between the entire top ten a grand total of two fights have been in the USA.

So my question is - do you understand the meaning of "strength in depth?"