Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

Pretty solid styles match up with two who always bring it. One of a few cards this weekend. Not good to see Beltran miss weight though but don't believe it's the first time. Seems like a quick turn around for Commey who just had a busted hand cost him a date with Loma but has done very well to put himself in the top mix at 135 and cements it with an impressive win Friday night.

Carlos Adames 17-0 fights Patrick Day 17-2-1 at Jr middle. Heavyweight Junior Fa goes against worn and torn gatekeeper Dominick Guinn 37-12-1 who hasn't had a significant win since the Bush administration.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

Just watched Easter vs Commey again to get psyched up for this matchup. It backfired. I had forgotten Commey held on like an octopus to escape being stopped. Now I just think “Easter beat Commey and beat another man who beat Commey, recently” why is Easter not getting a shot? Because he lost to Mikey? If you fight good fighters you lose sometimes.

And 5 seconds later I remembered the Bartholemy fight. Easter had another crack, are they running that back?
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-29-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is a solid fight. I have no problem with it. Commey was supposed to fight Loma but got hurt. I think that Beltran is a good tune up fight to fight Loma next.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Just watched Easter vs Commey again to get psyched up for this matchup. It backfired. I had forgotten Commey held on like an octopus to escape being stopped. Now I just think “Easter beat Commey and beat another man who beat Commey, recently” why is Easter not getting a shot? Because he lost to Mikey? If you fight good fighters you lose sometimes.

And 5 seconds later I remembered the Bartholemy fight. Easter had another crack, are they running that back?
    Don't be a buzzkill Ron . Yeh that was actually a very good scrap, I had Commey edging Easter. And truth be told Easter arguably lost to Barthelemy and Fortuna too. If anything these two have gone in two different directions, Commey up and Easter down. Real shame Commey was ordered mandatory for both Garcia and Easter II but both declined.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What time does this start, got tsn for the cop america this month and they are showing this.. Beltran is fun to watch, hopefully the commentators aren't still rambling about how he needs to win to stay in the country :S

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    What time does this start, got tsn for the cop america this month and they are showing this.. Beltran is fun to watch, hopefully the commentators aren't still rambling about how he needs to win to stay in the country :S
    Be interested to see how Commey deals with the bodywork by Beltran. I've got 9pm Central, hour and a half.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Don't be a buzzkill Ron . Yeh that was actually a very good scrap, I had Commey edging Easter. And truth be told Easter arguably lost to Barthelemy and Fortuna too. If anything these two have gone in two different directions, Commey up and Easter down. Real shame Commey was ordered mandatory for both Garcia and Easter II but both declined.
    Commey up, but he lost to a guy Easter beat AFTER Easter beat Commey. When did the up start exactly? The 4 opponents he beat since those consecutive losses I only know from fighting him. Tonight would be the fight to tell us something if Beltran wasn’t 140 years old. All just looks like someone is being built to be a lamb to slaughter to me. But I could just be a buzzkill haha

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty tactical first five rounds from Adames and Day. Day bit busier picking his spots but Adames beginning to sit down on his stuff and needs to do so. Adames would do well to up his activity level but clearly the bigger puncher when he does open up. Day really getting clipped by a nice short upper-hook more than once.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Commey up, but he lost to a guy Easter beat AFTER Easter beat Commey. When did the up start exactly? The 4 opponents he beat since those consecutive losses I only know from fighting him. Tonight would be the fight to tell us something if Beltran wasn’t 140 years old. All just looks like someone is being built to be a lamb to slaughter to me. But I could just be a buzzkill haha
    A split decision to Shafikov, in Moscow. Haven't sat through the 12 rounds but Commeys up basically kicked off from the disputed Easter fight. Follow up 2 eliminators, minor title and then signs to fight Mikey who opted out, Easter does the same so Commey caps Chaniev for the belt. Fan familiar Beltran now serves as bit of a main event break out if Commey keeps his head on straight, then Loma and he can get talks back on track. Def an up. But first Beltran who should not be slept on at all. He knows this is it basically and rather than drain down comes in heavy, win over top champ outweighs a trinket I spose.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adames a strong fighter, decent win. Feels a little bit Lacy though but early to tell. Day did well to remain upright when he was catching down the stretch. For some reason I still want to see Fa v Guinn .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are really pushing that Teofimo Lopez train haaaard.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Must have said it 20 times but I sure would like to see Mikey Garcia pick a definitive career path. He just went on about 135 to 147 but seems to always go back to "I just don't know right now".

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both these guys look fresh coming out good atmosphere. And here's to short shorts and tennis shoes. My goodness.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Time to dent some cans. Have a feeling one of these gentlemen won't make the final bell.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well there ya go. Beltran takes a seat off a long right hand.

Thread Information