This is just getting beyond silly now . So basically take his -regular- strap, hand it off to Charlo and the two are not ordered to fight. The gist of it reads as follows, not really sure about the wbc having sole approval over every single fight..basically after retirement he remains champion forever . Sulaimán's does love him some sanctioning fees.
1. The Franchise Champion will be designated as WBC Emeritus Champion once he retires from boxing.
2. The Franchise Champion will proudly represent the WBC in every single fight as a reigning WBC champion, regardless of any specific conditions or titles being associated with all future fights. WBC rules and regulations will govern under the traditional conditions of boxing in the Franchise champion fights. WBC will approve through the franchise champion promoter every opponent scheduled to fight.
3. Franchise Champion agrees to participate in a minimum of two social responsibility events every year, organized and in conjunction with the WBC.
4. The WBC may recognize a WBC champion in the division or divisions where the Franchise champion currently competes.
5. The WBC may award a Diamond Championship belt in those fights in which the Franchise Champion engages. If the Franchise Champion loses, the winner will receive the Diamond belt and may be considered as mandatory contender of the division.