Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo now a 'Franchise Champion'

This is just getting beyond silly now . So basically take his -regular- strap, hand it off to Charlo and the two are not ordered to fight. The gist of it reads as follows, not really sure about the wbc having sole approval over every single fight..basically after retirement he remains champion forever . Sulaimán's does love him some sanctioning fees.

1. The Franchise Champion will be designated as WBC Emeritus Champion once he retires from boxing.

2. The Franchise Champion will proudly represent the WBC in every single fight as a reigning WBC champion, regardless of any specific conditions or titles being associated with all future fights. WBC rules and regulations will govern under the traditional conditions of boxing in the Franchise champion fights. WBC will approve through the franchise champion promoter every opponent scheduled to fight.

3. Franchise Champion agrees to participate in a minimum of two social responsibility events every year, organized and in conjunction with the WBC.

4. The WBC may recognize a WBC champion in the division or divisions where the Franchise champion currently competes.

5. The WBC may award a Diamond Championship belt in those fights in which the Franchise Champion engages. If the Franchise Champion loses, the winner will receive the Diamond belt and may be considered as mandatory contender of the division.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo now a 'Franchise Champion'

The only interest I have in belts whatsoever anymore is for an excuse for the best fighters to fight each other. I don’t care who is a belt holder. I never know who holds which belt honestly. That’s how little I care.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait wot :S.... This has got very weird, this is even stranger/ funnier than the wba making guys super champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Long overdue for a boycott of the belts

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone really surprised?

This is classic WBC bullshit, protecting The Anointed One for life. Inventing phantom, phony belts at will..... public opinion be damned.

It is an "In Your Face" move by the Sulaiman-Mexican Mafia that masquerades as a bonafide organization.

They know eventually Ginger is bound to get KTFO'ed by someone more skilled than him, and that doesn't give away the 30-pound advantage Ginger Boy is used to.

It's an awesome preemptive move in the world of Boxing Bullshit Chess.

Sulaiman, Ginger Boy, and Fishnets (sounds like a chain of cheap lingerie stores) probably entertain each other with orgies among themselves where it's Fishnets in the middle and a bunch of kitchen utensils as toys.

Ron, I was wrong. Boxing is f*cked up beyond repair and all that's left is for someone to pull the chain and watch the whole thing spiral down the drain.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember back in the day when the "hardcore" fans ignored the 4 alphabets, all those old threads trying to convince new fans that the WBC is just as shit as the WBO and IBF as bad as WBA, that you can only have one champion per division, yet the belts just became more and more accepted, which has led to this shitfest where the alphabet gangs produced multi belts per division.

Now we have pundits, "experts," fighters and self-proclaimed "hardcore" fans discussing fucking WBC "diamond" champions and WBA "regulars" whilst declaring "lineal means nothing because they don't have a strap"

Poor Britkid is turning in his grave (not literal grave, of course).
    Last edited by Fenster; 06-29-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the term franchise champion was made up by Ron Swanson. I liked the term and thought it was true too describe Canelo.

I did not think that it was actually real.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Remember back in the day when the "hardcore" fans ignored the 4 alphabets, all those old threads trying to convince new fans that the WBC is just as shit as the WBO and IBF as bad as WBA, that you can only have one champion per division, yet the belts just became more and more accepted, which has led to this shitfest where the alphabet gangs produced multi belts per division.

Now we have pundits, "experts," fighters and self-proclaimed "hardcore" fans discussing fucking WBC "diamond" champions and WBA "regulars" whilst declaring "lineal means nothing because they don't have a strap"

Seem to recall you defending the WBA Regular belt as a major title for one guy, but then we know why. Your hypocrisy is a sight to behold. But tell us more from your high horse.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I thought the term franchise champion was made up by Ron Swanson. I liked the term and thought it was true too describe Canelo.

I did not think that it was actually real.
    Just a little ahead on the news sometimes

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is just getting beyond silly now . So basically take his -regular- strap, hand it off to Charlo and the two are not ordered to fight. The gist of it reads as follows, not really sure about the wbc having sole approval over every single fight..basically after retirement he remains champion forever . Sulaimán's does love him some sanctioning fees.

1. The Franchise Champion will be designated as WBC Emeritus Champion once he retires from boxing.

2. The Franchise Champion will proudly represent the WBC in every single fight as a reigning WBC champion, regardless of any specific conditions or titles being associated with all future fights. WBC rules and regulations will govern under the traditional conditions of boxing in the Franchise champion fights. WBC will approve through the franchise champion promoter every opponent scheduled to fight.

3. Franchise Champion agrees to participate in a minimum of two social responsibility events every year, organized and in conjunction with the WBC.

4. The WBC may recognize a WBC champion in the division or divisions where the Franchise champion currently competes.

5. The WBC may award a Diamond Championship belt in those fights in which the Franchise Champion engages. If the Franchise Champion loses, the winner will receive the Diamond belt and may be considered as mandatory contender of the division.
    What a complete load of bollocks. Not you @Spicoli obvs.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a few new belt suggestions if any of the alphabet orgs want to use them:

• Champion of All Champions - To be over and above any other champion designations, past present or future. Supersedes any other belt conjured up by any org.
    • F*cking "A" Champion - For any champion that bar patrons love watching, and who probably yell "F*cking A!!" whenever the champion wins by knockout.
    • Joker Champion - As in cards, this champion's belt can mean whatever he and his entourage (and fans) want it to mean. It can switch meanings at the drop of a hat. No limitations.
    • Catchweight Champion - This one would automatically go to Canelo for life. He can put it on his mantle next to the Franchise Champion belt and the dildos he uses with Fishnets and Sulaiman.
    • Legacy-Building Champion - This would be exclusively to put the fighter over the top on belts. Supposing Canelo is a belt away from breaking some sort of hallowed boxing record, this belt would put him over the top.

I don't expect any compensation for this public service. The looks of happiness on the faces of Sulaiman, Fishnets, and the corrupt belt orgs will be enough for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until Canelo beats GGG legitimately he is no champion at all!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Seem to recall you defending the WBA Regular belt as a major title for one guy, but then we know why. Your hypocrisy is a sight to behold. But tell us more from your high horse.
    You recall wrong.

I've never given much kudos to ANY strap. When I started watching boxing the WBO didn't even exist, I swiftly realised two "world" champions per division was farcical let alone three, four, five and however many now. Statements like "title defenses" is utterly meaningless to me, only quality of opposition tells us how "great" a "champion" is.

If i've ever mentioned a "regular" title it's almost certainly for the benefit of whomever i'm speaking with. I often play by other peoples rules. What's good for the goose. If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

The very fact you believe i'm a "hypocrite/liar" is because you quite simply fail to comprehend my motives. Irony. Personality.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the WBC contacted team Canelo and said "Hey, Charlo has been the mandatory for quite some time. Any chance Canelo faces Charlo soon?"

Team Canelo "Nope, no chance, we're going in another direction"

WBC says "Damn, last time we tried to enforce a mandatory on Canelo that he didn't want to face, he threw a hissy fit, gave us back our belt and wouldn’t even entertain fighting for our piñata belt that we created for his fight with Chavez Jr. We don't really want to lose out on those pay days. Let's give him this pretend forever title just to keep him happy, award our mandatory challenger the actual title and everyone will be happy."

The end.

At this point, you need a flow chart to distinguish which belt ranks higher than the others out of World, Silver, Silver Interim, Pearl, Diamond, Franchise, and Emeritus. If this nonsense was to be investigated by congress it'll be a total shitstorm. Sulaiman is once again performing a public sloppy blowjob on Canelo and nobody does anything about it.

The WBC is supposed to be the most prestigious title? Well this is proof that that is a complete lie.

Although it will never happen someone should seize this opportunity to invest heavily in the WBSS. Make it as lucrative as possible for the top boxers to get involved and have a Muhammed Ali trophy for each weight class. This would guarantee consistent best vs best tournaments, say every two years, and promote the s**t out of the trophy to the point where everyone, including the casuals, see it as the one major title in the division.

Alphabet title holders can take care of business between tournaments, and the natural evolution would see the alphabets becoming nothing more than a gateway or qualifier for the WBSS, with those not having a belt entering the tournament on merit from what they achieve in the "off season".

The format is there already, someone with the funds and the balls should run with it, and give the alphabets a big f**k you on the way past.

As I say it wont happen though.

Have to hand it to the IBF.

One champion per division. No interim titles. Well done.

With the WBO creating a Global title, the WBA creating a Gold Champion, and now the WBC creating this, the IBF do it right.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 07-01-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    So the WBC contacted team Canelo and said "Hey, Charlo has been the mandatory for quite some time. Any chance Canelo faces Charlo soon?"

Team Canelo "Nope, no chance, we're going in another direction"

WBC says "Damn, last time we tried to enforce a mandatory on Canelo that he didn't want to face, he threw a hissy fit, gave us back our belt and wouldn’t even entertain fighting for our piñata belt that we created for his fight with Chavez Jr. We don't really want to lose out on those pay days. Let's give him this pretend forever title just to keep him happy, award our mandatory challenger the actual title and everyone will be happy."

The end.

At this point, you need a flow chart to distinguish which belt ranks higher than the others out of World, Silver, Silver Interim, Pearl, Diamond, Franchise, and Emeritus. If this nonsense was to be investigated by congress it'll be a total shitstorm. Sulaiman is once again performing a public sloppy blowjob on Canelo and nobody does anything about it.

The WBC is supposed to be the most prestigious title? Well this is proof that that is a complete lie.

Although it will never happen someone should seize this opportunity to invest heavily in the WBSS. Make it as lucrative as possible for the top boxers to get involved and have a Muhammed Ali trophy for each weight class. This would guarantee consistent best vs best tournaments, say every two years, and promote the s**t out of the trophy to the point where everyone, including the casuals, see it as the one major title in the division.

Alphabet title holders can take care of business between tournaments, and the natural evolution would see the alphabets becoming nothing more than a gateway or qualifier for the WBSS, with those not having a belt entering the tournament on merit from what they achieve in the "off season".

The format is there already, someone with the funds and the balls should run with it, and give the alphabets a big f**k you on the way past.

As I say it wont happen though.

Have to hand it to the IBF.

One champion per division. No interim titles. Well done.

With the WBO creating a Global title, the WBA creating a Gold Champion, and now the WBC creating this, the IBF do it right.

F*cking A!! Especially on the bolded part. (Except maybe I shouldn't say F*cking A, because that designation is already taken under my belt recommendations to the alphabet orgs).

Seriously though, pump all the importance into the WBSS....... drain all the importance away from all these B.S. titles....... and take boxing back from the sleazy promoters and alphabet org heads and hand it back to the fans.

Then and only then, boxing might improve..... and me and Ron can agree on one more thing.

Thread Information