Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
So the WBC contacted team Canelo and said "Hey, Charlo has been the mandatory for quite some time. Any chance Canelo faces Charlo soon?"

Team Canelo "Nope, no chance, we're going in another direction"

WBC says "Damn, last time we tried to enforce a mandatory on Canelo that he didn't want to face, he threw a hissy fit, gave us back our belt and wouldn’t even entertain fighting for our piñata belt that we created for his fight with Chavez Jr. We don't really want to lose out on those pay days. Let's give him this pretend forever title just to keep him happy, award our mandatory challenger the actual title and everyone will be happy."

The end.

At this point, you need a flow chart to distinguish which belt ranks higher than the others out of World, Silver, Silver Interim, Pearl, Diamond, Franchise, and Emeritus. If this nonsense was to be investigated by congress it'll be a total shitstorm. Sulaiman is once again performing a public sloppy blowjob on Canelo and nobody does anything about it.

The WBC is supposed to be the most prestigious title? Well this is proof that that is a complete lie.

Although it will never happen someone should seize this opportunity to invest heavily in the WBSS. Make it as lucrative as possible for the top boxers to get involved and have a Muhammed Ali trophy for each weight class. This would guarantee consistent best vs best tournaments, say every two years, and promote the s**t out of the trophy to the point where everyone, including the casuals, see it as the one major title in the division.

Alphabet title holders can take care of business between tournaments, and the natural evolution would see the alphabets becoming nothing more than a gateway or qualifier for the WBSS, with those not having a belt entering the tournament on merit from what they achieve in the "off season".

The format is there already, someone with the funds and the balls should run with it, and give the alphabets a big f**k you on the way past.

As I say it wont happen though.

Have to hand it to the IBF.

One champion per division. No interim titles. Well done.

With the WBO creating a Global title, the WBA creating a Gold Champion, and now the WBC creating this, the IBF do it right.

F*cking A!! Especially on the bolded part. (Except maybe I shouldn't say F*cking A, because that designation is already taken under my belt recommendations to the alphabet orgs).

Seriously though, pump all the importance into the WBSS....... drain all the importance away from all these B.S. titles....... and take boxing back from the sleazy promoters and alphabet org heads and hand it back to the fans.

Then and only then, boxing might improve..... and me and Ron can agree on one more thing.
It would be the easiest way to get a real champion. The winner of the tournament becomes champion and you go from there. You don’t even need a belt. You are just considered the champion and the man at the weight class. When someone beats you, that person takes over. And then as denlison said, you make it semi frequently so that the champion can’t just hide out.