Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How much money.!

It seems the Royals have a open cheque book Harry and Megan are spending 2.4 million of public money renovating there so called cottage 😄.
    The Tory's gave us cuts to public services and benefits Harry and Megan are both millionaire's why can't they pay for their own bloody renovating.!
    This Country is very much a class system I can't see any changes the rich keep their money and the working classes pay for them
    I wonder how much longer we can support this system there is only greed and opulence
    really 2.4 million.
    Kensington palace is hardly a hovel but the actress and the ginger lad need a new house
    I had to pay for my house 21 years mortgage no hand outs no public money.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How much money.!

Come the revolution and there is power to the people we can get rid of the royals.

Otherwise we should privatise the royals and make them pay for themselves. Renting out Buckingham Palace rooms, organic farming by Charles, funeral insurance adverts by the queen, it would be good to see.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are probably much better examples of taxpayer money being wasted, but in principle for a secular 1st world country to still have a monarchy is very lame. They seem like very silly and odd people to boot. People tell me I look like Prince Harry too, but Im not nearly as ginger and Id ice that little brat.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    There are probably much better examples of taxpayer money being wasted, but in principle for a secular 1st world country to still have a monarchy is very lame. They seem like very silly and odd people to boot. People tell me I look like Prince Harry too, but Im not nearly as ginger and Id ice that little brat.
    Well odd is about right Charles the next King probably a bit to inbred hell they are all related keep it in the family.
    I wouldn't say Harry and Meg were stoney broke but Harry has a 20 million fortune and the Meg must be worth a few million.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Come the revolution and there is power to the people we can get rid of the royals.

Otherwise we should privatise the royals and make them pay for themselves. Renting out Buckingham Palace rooms, organic farming by Charles, funeral insurance adverts by the queen, it would be good to see.
    Not so much a revolution as a wake up call imagine you won the lottery you lived in a mansion you only had to work 8 or 9 hours per week. Your bills etc was paid for your personal wealth you never touched.
    I don't mind the Queen it's the extended family we pay for grieves me.
    The Royals do bring in a vast amount of money for the country but they have great wealth themselves.
    Normal people are having a hard time making ends meet.
    We may laugh but you can see why Revolution's start people get pissed off in reality it will never happen.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In what way do they make money for the country? People go to London to basically see old buildings and get ripped off. It is not the monarchy itself as nobody gets to drink tea with the Queen unless they have a war crime or two on their hands. Buckingham Palace is only one of many things a London tourist might stop by to see. Take out the monarchy and people will still go and visit the damn place.

I agree. The Royal family are pigs at a trough and they have no respect as proven by how they spend at the expense of everyone else. There should be a referendum on them IMO and I would like to see them survive on their own terms. They have taken enough already through dictatorial means so it is not as though they will be on the streets.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bizarrely enough, some people do seem to care about them though. They sell magazines and people tune in to watch whenever they parade around for some reason or get married. I wouldnt be surprised if there is more revenue generated that way than it costs taxpayers to keep them around. Of course Im not going back on saying to hell with it all, just that its probably no different than any other socialites, reality TV shows and things of that nature.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Bizarrely enough, some people do seem to care about them though. They sell magazines and people tune in to watch whenever they parade around for some reason or get married. I wouldnt be surprised if there is more revenue generated that way than it costs taxpayers to keep them around. Of course Im not going back on saying to hell with it all, just that its probably no different than any other socialites, reality TV shows and things of that nature.
    I think it was worked out it cost us £1.24 a day to keep the royals to the lifestyle they are accustomed to.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is much more wastage on an extreme scale that is never revealed. That 2.4 million is pittance
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A pittance it maybe 2.4 million in the big picture of things but Millionaire's not paying for there own renovating is a joke.
    The public should be aware the Queen has a 350 million pound pot of public money to deal out many properties to maintain grade 1 and 2 listed building.
    Then of course money for all the family I wonder how we can justify paying for the hangers on.

Thread Information