Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jermall Charlo v Brandon Adams

Unbeaten Jermall Charlo to take on Brandon Adams for interim WBC middleweight title on ITV4 this Sunday

Unbeaten WBC Interim Middleweight Champion Jermall Charlo will return to his hometown to defend against middleweight contender Brandon Adams Sunday, June 30 (Saturday evening) live on ITV4 from NRG Arena in Houston and presented by Premier Boxing Champions.

Coverage will start at 2:00am and also on the card we will see Erickson “Hammer’’ Lubin taking on French contender Zakaria Attou in a 12-round WBC title elimination bout in the co-main event.

28-year-old Charlo (27-0, 21 KOs) won a world title at 154-pounds when he scored a devastating third-round knockout of Cornelius Bundrage to win the IBF Junior Middleweight Title in 2015.

He successfully defended his 154-pound title three times, including a devastating knockout of top contender Julian Williams, before moving up in weight to campaign at middleweight.

Jermall proved to be just as dominant at 160 pounds as he was at 154 pounds when he made his middleweight debut by stopping Jorge Sebastian Heiland in the fourth round of their July 2017 bout.

He became the interim WBC middleweight champion with a second round knockout victory over Hugo Centeno, Jr. Jermall is one-minute older than his identical twin brother, former champion Jermell Charlo, and most recently defeated Matt Korobov to retain his interim title in December.

“It’s time for me to put up for my city of Houston,” said Charlo. “George Foreman is back and he’s in the middleweight division.

"That’s the way I feel about fighting in my hometown. You know how hot it gets down here in the summer and no one is going to be able to take this heat that I’m about to deliver.

"I’ve been working hard with Ronnie Shields and making some adjustments and now you’re going to see me back with the knockout power. I know Brandon Adams is looking at this as a big opportunity, but it’s a big step up for him.

"The pressure isn’t on him. It’s on me, because I’m fighting in my hometown and I’m going to deliver what the fans have come to expect from me.'' The Los Angeles-native Adams (21-2, 13 KOs) shot up the middleweight rankings by winning the 2018 reboot of The Contender.

He is currently ranked fifth by the WBO and seventh by the WBA after beating Ievgen Khytrov, Tyrone Brunson, Eric Walker to make the series’ final, where he defeated Shane Mosley Jr. by unanimous decision in a 10-round fight.

The 28-year-old’s current run came after a three-year absence from the ring following a loss to John Thompson in 2015. He was 17-1 in his first 18 pro fights after turning pro in 2011, with his only loss coming to Willie Monroe Jr.

“I am very grateful for the opportunity and ready to prove that I belong in the conversation as one of the top fighters in the middleweight division,” said Adams.

“This is an opportunity that I couldn’t turn down. They must feel that I am beatable, and want to use my name that I built up on The Contender, so now I need to show why I won The Contender and continue my winning ways.

"Charlo is a solid fighter and he’s a champion for a reason. I look forward to matching skills with him and showcasing my ability.”

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-24/...4-this-sunday/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Brandon Adams

Charlo needs to step up the competition soon. That or stop talking. Alvarez, BJS, Andrade, GGG, Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, these types of guys

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Charlo needs to step up the competition soon. That or stop talking. Alvarez, BJS, Andrade, GGG, Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, these types of guys
    Agreed. I’m a fan of Charlo but he has had enough easy fights since he has gone up in weight. I understand that some people have avoided him but he should be able to get better fights than this.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spirited scrap here with Ramirez and Marrero. Charlo needs to dust Adams off impressively. He's literally backstroked into holding Canelos ex title with little on the horizon. Good to see Paulie back on showtime but he sounds sedated or something.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My friend had a fighter on the undercard. They got the fight on just over a week notice against an undefeated guy and pulled off the victory.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    My friend had a fighter on the undercard. They got the fight on just over a week notice against an undefeated guy and pulled off the victory.
    That is pretty awesome way to max out the opportunity.

Lubin in at 167 here. All things being equal he's already come a long way back from being blitzed by Charlo.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No idea why ref was counting there as Lubin damn near beat him into canvas hung up in the corner. Corner smartly tosses towel in.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone cut that muzac off . Adams looks as hype as he'll ever be but remember him way to square and tight in the espn boxcino thingy. Better jump Charlo right off. Like to see Charlo come out quick and committed, time to piz or get off the pot.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adams punching from the backseat and trying to move before it's even fully committed. Charlo may feast on these counters

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo gets the left hook busy with all the stuck still crouching Adams is doing and this one is a wrap. Charlo has a way of over thinking shat.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo impressive on the ropes there.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo starting to batter him a bit inside mid 6th. Somehow Adams chin is holding up and Charlo getting away from staying long and sharp with leads, good mixer inside but getting stuck between styles a bit. Lets be honest longer this goes worse for Charlo in big picture.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh Charlo gets clipped with one of those silly shots along ropes. More on neck than chin but nice loopy right from Adams. Into the 9th and chalk me up as surprised.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adams is losing every round but he doesn't look like he's going to get stopped. Doesn't look like he's going to have a problem going twelve rounds either.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adams having more success smothering Charlo in second half. Charlo landing pin point but 1-2 at a time. Fight where phone of the massive underdog won't stop ringing tomorrow. Do people still call each other. Adams showing some big onions going into 12th.

Thread Information