Thread: New server.... you are here :)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New server.... you are here :)

True Walrus. Some forums are dormant, but others like the Morrissey forum are wild. A 26 page thread thread in a couple of days just because Tommy Robinson said Morrissey was brave.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    @Saddo One thing I notice is that on a mobile it is significantly slower when it comes to opening a thread or getting something to respond. It can take several seconds which did not happen before.
    still messing with the setting will hopefully get it sorted with a few tweaks and I plan on updating all the software which should help alot with the speed because this place is running on some old outdated shyt , but yeah the server is a slight downgrade as i couldn't warrant paying £80 a month anymore for an outdated server on a site that has not made any money for over 3 years but that will hopefully change as I plan on putting alot more time into it as an when I can
    Thanks for building the place Guv.

The formatting issues that used to be there when posting on a firefox browser seem to have gone and it is now much the same as posting on Chrome. Not sure how a server change could make that happen so maybe firefox has just implemented changes coincidentally. Still a problem if you change font or style mid post to write something in italics or bold or insert a link it then forces you to use that new choice until the end of the post on firefox at least.

Also now if you use the Search function not only does it open a blank html page - https://www.saddoboxing.com it also flashes this warning on both firefox and Chrome

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Going to start a thread now to try and help address the money making issue for the forum

Also the site is showing as not secure on either browser
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    @Saddo One thing I notice is that on a mobile it is significantly slower when it comes to opening a thread or getting something to respond. It can take several seconds which did not happen before.
    still messing with the setting will hopefully get it sorted with a few tweaks and I plan on updating all the software which should help alot with the speed because this place is running on some old outdated shyt , but yeah the server is a slight downgrade as i couldn't warrant paying £80 a month anymore for an outdated server on a site that has not made any money for over 3 years but that will hopefully change as I plan on putting alot more time into it as an when I can
    Thanks for building the place Guv.

The formatting issues that used to be there when posting on a firefox browser seem to have gone and it is now much the same as posting on Chrome. Not sure how a server change could make that happen so maybe firefox has just implemented changes coincidentally. Still a problem if you change font or style mid post to write something in italics or bold or insert a link it then forces you to use that new choice until the end of the post on firefox at least.

Also now if you use the Search function not only does it open a blank html page - https://www.saddoboxing.com it also flashes this warning on both firefox and Chrome

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Going to start a thread now to try and help address the money making issue for the forum

cheeers the software update should fix that and as for money, its not an issue, time is the only issue I have mate

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gotta love the Magic Cafe @walrus

It seems to be quicker today.

It seems to be a trend with forums, Saddo. Another forum I use for work and info related stuff really slowed as Facebook took its place. Everyone just went there. It is something I just do not care for.

Mind you many sensible people are leaving Facebook or else just being banned so maybe room for forum growth in that respect.
    most kids don't bother with facebook as their parents are on it, its snapchat instagram and the likes now lol

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep - I have to admit SnapChat i simply don't get it.......

Guess i'll be saying that more and more over the coming years
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems to be a trend with forums, Saddo. Another forum I use for work and info related stuff really slowed as Facebook took its place. Everyone just went there. It is something I just do not care for.

Mind you many sensible people are leaving Facebook or else just being banned so maybe room for forum growth in that respect.
    most kids don't bother with facebook as their parents are on it, its snapchat instagram and the likes now lol
    You too huh, that place is amazing. Are you any good @Saddo?
    Last edited by walrus; 07-09-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Saddo while you are at it can you make the icon logo thing with the boxing glove coming out of the computer screen fully interactive. So that if for example someone says something stupid like "Floyd and Manny need to make that rematch" "Poor Little Tommy" or something racist like "Black people have lower IQ's, never invented anything or discovered anywhere and choose to be poor" it can just actually pop a solid jab right in the face of aforesaid poster thereby negating the need for moderation?

Some people simply cannot handle facts. I am sorry you FEEL that way. If 60% of Americans have less than 1000 dollars, then yes, I suspect MANY have chosen to be that way, some of course have not.

Would you care to refute any data that I give? I mean there is an undeniable IQ gap between races as documented by dozens of papers. Does it mean everyone is like Denilson or Bill Gates? Or Obama and Kid Thunder? Well, no it does not. Everyone is treated on their own merits

As I say, I am sorry this hurts your feelings being a highly strung sort and all, but all I care about is what is true.

Way to go to bring your usual petty emotional hangups into yet another thread. All I did was tell the truth which is that pages are very slow to open and that a post takes a long time to submit. You had no reason to bring in your baggage.

Go back to watching flat earth videos and try and figure out which alts are not me. Do something useful with your time.

I don't think you'll be seen, Miles. I think you're probably on a "mass ignore", if I were to go by another thread that was posted.

Which means the volume of traffic in Saddo's will automatically be reduced by 80%.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    @Saddo while you are at it can you make the icon logo thing with the boxing glove coming out of the computer screen fully interactive. So that if for example someone says something stupid like "Floyd and Manny need to make that rematch" "Poor Little Tommy" or something racist like "Black people have lower IQ's, never invented anything or discovered anywhere and choose to be poor" it can just actually pop a solid jab right in the face of aforesaid poster thereby negating the need for moderation?

Some people simply cannot handle facts. I am sorry you FEEL that way. If 60% of Americans have less than 1000 dollars, then yes, I suspect MANY have chosen to be that way, some of course have not.

Would you care to refute any data that I give? I mean there is an undeniable IQ gap between races as documented by dozens of papers. Does it mean everyone is like Denilson or Bill Gates? Or Obama and Kid Thunder? Well, no it does not. Everyone is treated on their own merits

As I say, I am sorry this hurts your feelings being a highly strung sort and all, but all I care about is what is true.

Way to go to bring your usual petty emotional hangups into yet another thread. All I did was tell the truth which is that pages are very slow to open and that a post takes a long time to submit. You had no reason to bring in your baggage.

Go back to watching flat earth videos and try and figure out which alts are not me. Do something useful with your time.

I don't think you'll be seen, Miles. I think you're probably on a "mass ignore", if I were to go by another thread that was posted.

Which means the volume of traffic in Saddo's will automatically be reduced by 80%.
    Well I can see it now (because you quoted it) and can only say that I am glad I never wasted another second on letting someone else's hang ups dictate what I post. No need to self censor in order to not upset someone who thinks everything is about them. It was very funny and the fact that someone else can't see that, is not really here nor there.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

used to perform for cash when i was a kid in the 80's but its pure hobby now mate.... great art form that I love to keep up with and i do still carry a few bits on me for the odd social gathering if i can be arsed and like the company i'm in

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    yep - I have to admit SnapChat i simply don't get it.......

Guess i'll be saying that more and more over the coming years
    same mate, I set up an account as my son had a thai boxing interclub fight and it was the only way to get the stream of it live but apart from that its fucking stupid lol

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

both should be fixed now, cheers mate

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

used to perform for cash when i was a kid in the 80's but its pure hobby now mate.... great art form that I love to keep up with and i do still carry a few bits on me for the odd social gathering if i can be arsed and like the company i'm in
    Same here sadds minus the playing for cash. I love the art to it. I like to keep a deck of cards with me even if not to perform to keep my hands busy and practice false shuffles etc. I’m pretty good with IT started with the hover card and now do some pretty cool things. I definitely have to keep up with it for me it’s not like riding a bike if I don’t practice my delivery gets very stiff.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno about any of that Snapchat stuff, but Airdrop is great.

Im currently on a train and have sent at least three people a photo of my penis
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I dunno about any of that Snapchat stuff, but Airdrop is great.

Im currently on a train and have sent at least three people a photo of my penis
    So that was what it was. Looked like a snail.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information