Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Kovalev at 175

golden boy putting in a lowball offer so we can't be sure how serious they are. they must think they are catching kovalev at the right time. canelo does good body work and we have seen kovalev to the body before so the fight does hold some interesting aspects
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I think Canelo will cherry pick Munguia, if he doesn’t GGG probably will since Munguia is so ripe for the taking.
    You think that Munguia has proved himself enough of a fraud to cash out already?
    I mean, he is only 22 so of course he could turn it around. But Dennis frickin Hogan just gave him a boxing lesson. If Munguia is going to be a good fighter he needs to fix, well, everything. If I’m Munguia and I can get a payday I take it. DAZN wants one of them to fight him. And both have a history of choosing these types of wastes of time. The general public will see his shiny record and think he’s a worthy opponent.(remember the Kirkland sham) It’s exactly the type of scam the sport has been running.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think Canelo will cherry pick Munguia, if he doesn’t GGG probably will since Munguia is so ripe for the taking.
    You think that Munguia has proved himself enough of a fraud to cash out already?
    I mean, he is only 22 so of course he could turn it around. But Dennis frickin Hogan just gave him a boxing lesson. If Munguia is going to be a good fighter he needs to fix, well, everything. If I’m Munguia and I can get a payday I take it. DAZN wants one of them to fight him. And both have a history of choosing these types of wastes of time. The general public will see his shiny record and think he’s a worthy opponent.(remember the Kirkland sham) It’s exactly the type of scam the sport has been running.
    The problem is that I don’t think Munguia will come back from the beating he would take. It all depends on how much more money he can make his promoters and his team. His last fight may have really shown that he just doesn’t have it. We will se though. On paper it looks like an exciting fight, but as you said, it will just end up being the Kirkland fight all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo will get ko don't see this fight happening

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

an andrade fight would unify all 4 belts
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, Charlo is the WBC champion. Canelo was stripped for not fighting his mandatory. The Franchise Champion nonsense is just a title, not a championship. You know this because it’s been expressed that it does not change hands if Canelo loses.

An Andrade fight is NOT for undisputed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, Charlo is the WBC champion. Canelo was stripped for not fighting his mandatory. The Franchise Champion nonsense is just a title, not a championship. You know this because it’s been expressed that it does not change hands if Canelo loses.

No one mentioned undisputed holmes 3 belts + a diamond beats 2 everyday on my block unless you're suggesting Charlo, Andrade and Brant should just concentrate on each other still got ta go through Canelo for Brants big brother belt I want to see Canelo fight Smith up 1 or GGG III don't give af bout no belts

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post

No one mentioned undisputed holmes 3 belts + a diamond beats 2 everyday on my block unless you're suggesting Charlo, Andrade and Brant should just concentrate on each other still got ta go through Canelo for Brants big brother belt I want to see Canelo fight Smith up 1 or GGG III don't give af bout no belts
    TIC mentioned “unify all 4 belts” which it would not. The Franchise Champion is a title, not a championship.

All this jumping around is messing up the sport. Talk of Spence/Canelo, Spence has work to do at 47. Talk of Kovalev/Canelo, Kovalev has work for his racist arse at 175. Talk of Smith/Canelo, Smith has work to do at 168. GGG should move the f on, he’s already wasted years on Canelo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TIC mentioned “unify all 4 belts” which it would not. The Franchise Champion is a title, not a championship.

All this jumping around is messing up the sport. Talk of Spence/Canelo, Spence has work to do at 47. Talk of Kovalev/Canelo, Kovalev has work for his racist arse at 175. Talk of Smith/Canelo, Smith has work to do at 168. GGG should move the f on, he’s already wasted years on Canelo
    So no mention of undisputed then brother if someone beats Canelo they would receive a diamond belts as I understand it way I see it my man is that if Canelo won an Andrade fight you can bet your sista that they being the WBC would 4sure be ballyhooing him as a 4 belt unified champion let me guess you want Canelo to fight Charlo, why would he when he can have all the trimmings that come with an Andrade fight Andrade is a harder fight than Charlo brother

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So no mention of undisputed then brother if someone beats Canelo they would receive a diamond belts as I understand it way I see it my man is that if Canelo won an Andrade fight you can bet your sista that they being the WBC would 4sure be ballyhooing him as a 4 belt unified champion let me guess you want Canelo to fight Charlo, why would he when he can have all the trimmings that come with an Andrade fight Andrade is a harder fight than Charlo brother

Andrade dumped his belt when it was time to fight Charlo, became Charlo’s belt because Andrade gave it up rather than fight him. GGG’s camp said “we will never fight Charlo”when he became mandatory. Perhaps the only time they were true to their word. Canelo gave up his belt rather than fight Charlo, became Charlo’s belt because Canelo gave it up rather than fight him.

I don’t think Charlo is that good, but the evidence is quite clear that fighters think he is.

It will be funny watching Andrade pull a Thurman to get to the top. Duck, dodge and swerve your way to the big fight. Modern boxing
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 07-05-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrade dumped his belt when it was time to fight Charlo, became Charlo’s belt because Andrade gave it up rather than fight him. GGG’s camp said “we will never fight Charlo”, Canelo gave up his belt rather than fight Charlo.

I don’t think Charlo is that good, but the evidence is quite clear that fighters think he is.

It will be funny watching Andrade pull a Thurman to get to the top. Duck, dodge and swerve your way to the big fight. Modern boxing
    No ones saying Andrade has had a well managed career you could also say Saunders roided himself to avoid Andrade or that both Charlo's were unreachable when VADA came calling you could also say the Korobov should now be the WBC belt holder but no ones avoiding him right so you want Canelo to fight someone who isn't that good

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrade dumped his belt when it was time to fight Charlo, became Charlo’s belt because Andrade gave it up rather than fight him. GGG’s camp said “we will never fight Charlo”, Canelo gave up his belt rather than fight Charlo.

No ones saying Andrade has had a well managed career you could also say Saunders roided himself to avoid Andrade or that both Charlo's were unreachable when VADA came calling you could also say the Korobov should now be the WBC belt holder but no ones avoiding him right so you want Canelo to fight someone who isn't that good

No, I said I don’t think Charlo is that good, we don’t know because people won’t fight him. I’d like to know if I’m wrong. They’d rather give up their belts. I’m saying all this jumping around doesn’t decide who is the best. They should decide who’s best in divisions by fighting the people in their divisions and if it’s decided move on. I have no issue with Usyk moving up, he proved he was the best in his division. I have no issue with Crawford going to 47, he proved he was the best at 40. I get fighters want to make money, but fans should want to know who’s best.

We currently have a number 1 P4P who is in his 3rd division without fighting the top guy in any of his divisions. How can we really know if he is the best? We don’t just decide who is best in other sports, the people compete to decide. It looked like AJ was best, but then he got into a situation that wasn’t one way traffic and he came apart.

The Korobov thing I don’t quite understand. He trained at our gym so we were biased for him. While we were all proud of his performance nobody here said he won. Made it really close but he faded. Tip of the cap but an L.

If you like guys jumping all over selecting whoever they want to fight that’s cool, that’s your thing. I want to know who’s best.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should clarify. I don’t have any problem with Canelo/Andrade, GGG/Andrade. I just think the other should fight Charlo. He’s due, in fact more due than Andrade since Andrade dumped his belt to not fight Charlo and Canelo dumped his belt to not fight Charlo, and GGG didn’t fight his mandatory for 18 months to not fight Charlo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Korobov won, other than that I think we're in agreement. I don't like all the weight hopping either unless it's against top guys everyone near the weight wants Canelo for obvious reasons but he can only fight 1 at a time if its Charlo or Andrade next I'd accept that

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Korobov won, other than that I think we're in agreement. I don't like all the weight hopping either unless it's against top guys everyone near the weight wants Canelo for obvious reasons but he can only fight 1 at a time if its Charlo or Andrade next I'd accept that
    To be fair to Canelo, I think there are loads of acceptable fights out there, Charlo, Andrade, Smith , Kovalev, to name but a few. I just don't think that GGG is an acceptable fight bearing in mind the options he has. What does he need to prove against GGG? I think we all know that the longer time goes on, the more comfortable (I don't want to say easier) a fight Canelo will have with GGG. he's been there, done that , whether people like that or not . GGG doesn't have a belt , so I really don't feel it's meaningful in comparison to his other options.
    but we know already which fight will get made , don't we ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information