Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,692
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    506
    Cool Clicks

    Default HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    Hey, do any of you guys have any knowledge on getting your HDMI to respond to your TV again.

    Mine just stopped showing up. I changed the HDMI and still nothing. Any solutions? Downloaded and reinstalled drivers already!

    HELP!!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,323
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    Don't really know what you are asking. Do you mean the HDMI cable? is that coming out of your cable or satellite box or a PC/MAC/Laptop, BlueRay, DVD?

    I am guessing because you mentioned drivers you are talking about a computer connected to your TV.

    Have you checked the source channel on the TV? can you connect an old monitor or anything to your computer with a VGA cable to make sure your graphics card is not malfunctioning?
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,323
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    What does the TV say? No Signal or is it just a snowy noise screen?
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Big Coney
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    534
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    Check using another HDMI cable I have had to replace 1 or 2 myself and that is all it was

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,692
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    506
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    So the HDMI cable is not working. I plug it in to my laptop and then to my television and telling my laptop to split screen or project to screen and it does not work anymore. I used to be able to see it and now NOTHING.

    I assume it is my laptop because I took the TV and plugged it in to another computer and it came on- both with the VGA and with the HDMI port.

    I can't find a solution because with the dog dying and no work on the horizon, movies and afternoon baseball is all I have. That and Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan, Bill Burr and VladTV youtube channels.

    Oh yeah... Joey Diaz is pretty cool too.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,709
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    584
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    I’ve had hdmi ports on TV go bad. I assume if you had more than one you would have tried it already but I have 4 ports only two work really screwed me up. Another dumb one but are you going into settings and matching up the right port to the right input

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,617
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1040
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    Is your TV “smart”? If so just get chromecast or something, I think its even free to download as an app. If you have an older TV like me then you still need to buy the little receiver that plugs into HDMI so probably outa luck... It all being wireless where you can just mirror your phone or tablet to TV is so much nicer though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,709
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    584
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Is your TV “smart”? If so just get chromecast or something, I think its even free to download as an app. If you have an older TV like me then you still need to buy the little receiver that plugs into HDMI so probably outa luck... It all being wireless where you can just mirror your phone or tablet to TV is so much nicer though.
    I phone has an AV cord where you can Mirror your phone to your TV it’s really cool. It does use the hdmi port so it sounds like it wouldn’t help you. How is the job search going yK any luck

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,945
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1555
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    Is it a Samsung. If so I have a fix...
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,692
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    506
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Is it a Samsung. If so I have a fix...
    RCA TV... Dell PC.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,323
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    3 possible solutions for you.

    1. Make sure your laptop is plugged into the mains power not just running of its battery power. Try changing the order of turning on your devices. So for example if you usually turn on the TV and then the laptop try turning on the laptop first then the TV. Try switching to another input on your TV source button then back to Hdmi.

    If that doesn't work


    2. Turn on your Dell laptop and then power on your HDTV or LCD monitor. Navigate to the correct "Input" channel on your TV or monitor.

    Hold the "Fn" key on your keyboard, then press the "F1" button to engage the video output. Your laptop's display should now appear on the TV or monitor.

    If that doesn't work.

    3. Press the “Start” button on your Windows Taskbar, and then select “Control Panel.” Click Hardware and Sound option, and then choose “Manage Audio Devices.”
    Select the “Playback” tab. Click the HDMI device on the Playback tab and then press the “Default Device” button to make this your default audio device. Press “OK” to save the option.
    Press the “Start” button and select the “Control Panel” again. Select “Power Options,” to set the power plan for your system. Select “High Performance” to keep the HDMI audio working when the system is not plugged into the electrical outlet.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,945
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1555
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    I’ve had this twice with Samsung’s. They just stop working. The solution is to switch the tv off and physically unplug the tv from the wall socket and leave for 30 minutes so they ‘reset’.

    Then switch on and away you go.

    I thought the solution ludicrous when someone recommended but has worked each time this has happened so what do I know....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,692
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    506
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: HDMI not responding to TV- Any fixes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    3 possible solutions for you.

    1. Make sure your laptop is plugged into the mains power not just running of its battery power. Try changing the order of turning on your devices. So for example if you usually turn on the TV and then the laptop try turning on the laptop first then the TV. Try switching to another input on your TV source button then back to Hdmi.

    If that doesn't work


    2. Turn on your Dell laptop and then power on your HDTV or LCD monitor. Navigate to the correct "Input" channel on your TV or monitor.

    Hold the "Fn" key on your keyboard, then press the "F1" button to engage the video output. Your laptop's display should now appear on the TV or monitor.

    If that doesn't work.

    3. Press the “Start” button on your Windows Taskbar, and then select “Control Panel.” Click Hardware and Sound option, and then choose “Manage Audio Devices.”
    Select the “Playback” tab. Click the HDMI device on the Playback tab and then press the “Default Device” button to make this your default audio device. Press “OK” to save the option.
    Press the “Start” button and select the “Control Panel” again. Select “Power Options,” to set the power plan for your system. Select “High Performance” to keep the HDMI audio working when the system is not plugged into the electrical outlet.
    lol... sounds complicated.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. GBP fixes.. hops-delahoya VS Wilder-Scott
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 03:38 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing