Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murata-Brant Rematch - KO 2! Destruction! How you like them apples, Ron?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Murata-Brant Rematch - KO 2! Destruction! How you like them apples, Ron?

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Murata-Brant Rematch - KO 2! Destruction! How you like them apples, Ron?

repost
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-13-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Murata-Brant Rematch - KO 2! Destruction! How you like them apples, Ron?

Ryota Murata punishes Rob Brant to take WBA 'regular' middleweight title back with second-round TKO

Now that's how you take your title back.

The feeling was that Ryota Murata might have taken Rob Brant lightly when he lost his WBA "regular" middleweight championship by unanimous decision to the American in Las Vegas in October.

Well, back on his home turf in Japan, Murata made sure to change the narrative — and with blunt force. Murata put Brant on wobbly legs with an overhand and chopping right before proceeding to unleash a ferocious barrage of punches to get a rousing second-round TKO and snatch his title back at the Edion Arena Osaka in Osaka, Japan on Friday.

Although Brant came out as the aggressor in the opening round, peppering Murata with pinpointed punches, the Japanese boxer put the American on notice that this rematch would be very different, landing 29 power shots, including several to the body.

Then came that devastating overhand right from which Brant wouldn't recover. Brant inexplicably didn't bother to clinch to slow Murata's onslaught, and it cost the Saint Paul, Minn. native as Murata continued to rip through his guard before dropping him with a right-left hook combination.

The ref could've stopped the action as Murata barraged Brant while he leaned against the ropes. But he let the bout continue, keeping a close eye on Brant. Seconds later, Murata connected on two more vicious right hooks, and the ref had seen enough.

Brant seemed to dispute the stoppage, but it was more than warranted, as the ref gave him ample time to recover and work his way back into the fight. Instead, Murata closed out the show in emphatic fashion with an overall resounding performance from the 2012 Olympic gold medalist.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ryo...132705140.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What apples? So now Murata is good? Because he beat Brant, who nobody thought was good until he beat Murata? Hahaha if you can’t see that the logic there is warped and 2 nothing is any different than 6 months ago you are in denial

He’s basic, I’ve told you this and I’ll keep telling you this. Sound off when he does something. Until then put your hood back on and sound off to your hooded buddies.

Hell of a performance though.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 07-12-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno Fenton Hardy, not exactly a serving of humble pie. He likely wasnt familiar with Brant before the first fight, as most weren't. The fact is that Murata is 33 and has needed rematches to beat the only two guys on his record who were close to world class.. In fact the only reason to think they were at that level is that they beat him Yes good performance, but I wouldnt pick him over anyone in the top ten at 160 with any real confidence, and think the top few guys would likely blast him out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see Murata get it back. I swear I could listen to Japanese announcers call every single fight and be fine about it .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murata needs to fight a top fighter at middleweight. Maybe take on Charlo or Andrade.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Mr Swanson, I don't think Murata is that good at all, I would love it if he wins more titles but I doubt it... Good way to win the minor wba belt back though.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please don’t mistake me, this was a very good performance.

That said. The thing the OP won’t bring up is where this argument began, I was saying GGG would select the easiest opponent. He selected Steve Rolls! Are we going to forget those rotten apples? The mic dropped on this argument long ago, long before a Steve Rolls. The history goes back years. GGG gonna GGG

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually the argument came about because certain fans think certain fighters are "shit" just because they've never seen them. And when they lose they post arrogant/condescending things like - "told you so."

The argument was never about how good Murata is, it was about fans rubbishing fighters they don't know whilst elevating their favourites with weaker credentials.

Murata was "shit" when N'dam "beat" him, even though it was the "robbery of the year," for anyone who actually watched it. Brant was "shit" because he lost to Jurgen Braehmer (the "shit" 51-3 veteran German). Everyone's "shit," that's OK by me, just admit your favourites are "shit" too unless they've got better credentials than the "shit" guys. That's all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I dunno Fenton Hardy not exactly a serving of humble pie. He likely wasnt familiar with Brant before the first fight, as most weren't. The fact is that Murata is 33 and has needed rematches to beat the only two guys on his record who were close to world class.. In fact the only reason to think they were at that level is that they beat him Yes good performance, but I wouldnt pick him over anyone in the top ten at 160 with any real confidence, and think the top few guys would likely blast him out.
    I have no idea who that is, nor need to look, I know he must be a right orrible cunt.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fully admit I didnt see the Ndam fights, and all I know of Murata is from his last two fights. Obviously not shit, but also clearly a paper champ, fact! Fenton Hardy was a wise old gent, father of the Hardy boys, maybe nobody read them in the UK Silly little detective books written for kids.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murata should have played that way for the first time. He is a very capable middleweight

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, this is a battle from the same card of Ken Shiro

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a good fight. For christs sake though @Fenster , your pic looks like a guy is about to get fucked in the ear by @Gandalf ....

Thread Information