Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depression and the blues is a serious debilitating feeling!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Depression and the blues is a serious debilitating feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Feelings are a little like the weather and I guess we just have to dress for it the best we can. I think depression often happens for some reason or other and you have mentioned having some bad experiences lately, so it is inevitable that you won't be feeling yourself. I can only imagine what I would be like if I lost my cat. Day to day these days I am pretty good, but if something happened to my cat, that is something that would likely trigger the black cloud in a bad way. Do you have many friends? Somewhere to go just to get distracted and do something? For some people medication and doctors help, but for me I prefer to try and work things out on my own, read up on topics, look for strategies. I suppose at my lowest points I end up picking up a guitar and I guess P4P would say that is my lowest point too. Sometimes a little humor can work also. Weather the storm and you will catch a glimpse of sunlight at some point.
    No car and no money. Isolated. I also ran for public office in a small town, and lost, so people have run away from me like the plague.
    Can’t you turn that shit around though? Show those people you are in it for good. Look how many time Lincoln lost prior to making it. Nixon was a major loser, well you know what I mean, and he became president. You may be the next supreme leader

El Kabong Guest

No car and no money. Isolated. I also ran for public office in a small town, and lost, so people have run away from me like the plague.
    Well my friend you took a stand for what you thought was right and now your left collecting your thoughts and perhaps feeling a bit sorry for yourself and that's ok given the circumstances, but don't dwell on defeat. Nobody goes through life undefeated (and before anyone says "Floyd Mayweather Jr.! Or Rocky Marciano! or Edwin Valero!" in the ring perfect outside the ring not so much). You stood for what you believed in and sometimes you lose when that happens, but you took a stand and that's more than most will ever do in their lives. I don't give a good God damn which side of the political spectrum you're on, you got in the game and you gave your best shot and that should give you a sense of pride.

Yeah that's hokey and it's cliched and it's trite...it's all that......but it's those things because those things strike a chord.

Has Life knocked you down? Well you can stay down or you can get up....start small and once you're back on your feet you stand up as tall as you can and you go again. If you're interested in politics try to form some sort of allegiance with those you most agree with (on the whole or in 1 specific issue) swallow your pride and get back up on your feet and make it happen, you've got this.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Feelings are a little like the weather and I guess we just have to dress for it the best we can. I think depression often happens for some reason or other and you have mentioned having some bad experiences lately, so it is inevitable that you won't be feeling yourself. I can only imagine what I would be like if I lost my cat. Day to day these days I am pretty good, but if something happened to my cat, that is something that would likely trigger the black cloud in a bad way. Do you have many friends? Somewhere to go just to get distracted and do something? For some people medication and doctors help, but for me I prefer to try and work things out on my own, read up on topics, look for strategies. I suppose at my lowest points I end up picking up a guitar and I guess P4P would say that is my lowest point too. Sometimes a little humor can work also. Weather the storm and you will catch a glimpse of sunlight at some point.
    Can’t you turn that shit around though? Show those people you are in it for good. Look how many time Lincoln lost prior to making it. Nixon was a major loser, well you know what I mean, and he became president. You may be the next supreme leader
    Nixon?? There must be better examples.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Nixon?? There must be better examples.
    Master you have probably never been depressed a day in your life, just angry at white men

Thread Information