Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression and the blues is a serious debilitating feeling!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Depression and the blues is a serious debilitating feeling!

I know what- reports claim about Anthony Joshua- went through. I have always had a high anxiety about being around people, friends and strangers alike, particularly in social groups, but sometimes the blues and depression sets in on your on your own lonesome and without being prompted by things you thought they were.

One time I went to the gym and I could not do a DAMN THING. I mean, NOTHING. No treadmill, no stretches and no weights. NOTHING! Everytime I started it I just did not have it. No music, no psyching myself up could help. Just zzzzzzzttttttt.... NOTHING!

I had to leave the gym and not waste time. Even took a walk back home- as I typically walk to and from the gym- and could not gather up the feelings to pick up a good pace and walk. Nothing out of the ordinary happened that day that was not happening over the course of the last 12 months of being unemployed and without transportation/car and prospects. So I was just STUNNED that I usually come to the gym to get myself better and get myself together and I could not get a good vibe going.

I could not even hit the heavy bag or bounce on my toes. Just nothing aside from this sinking, depressive weight on my shoulders- trapezius area- like someone pressing on the back of my neck and my mind just losing energy and focus.

There is nothing you can do about it but have a prayer that it goes away and you can function on your tasks at hand. And it can come out of the blue!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Depression and the blues is a serious debilitating feeling!

Yes YK I think a lot of us have spent time like that

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get seriously bad anxiety in social situations and speaking to people in general, I've never suffered from depression though, yeah I've had rough times and periods where I've felt really fucking low but it wasn't every what I would call depression.

My mate suffers from it though and it is really tough, he is quite open about it with me and will often tell me that he has thoughts of killing himself, that his wife and kids would be better without him etc, he's actually off work at the moment because he has had a bit of a relapse, I always keep in contact with him but it can be really fucking difficult knowing whether to ask how he is feeling or how his therapy is going or if I should just chat shit and let him bring it up if he want's to talk about it.

really shitty it is, I feel fucking sorry for him.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I get seriously bad anxiety in social situations and speaking to people in general, I've never suffered from depression though, yeah I've had rough times and periods where I've felt really fucking low but it wasn't every what I would call depression.

My mate suffers from it though and it is really tough, he is quite open about it with me and will often tell me that he has thoughts of killing himself, that his wife and kids would be better without him etc, he's actually off work at the moment because he has had a bit of a relapse, I always keep in contact with him but it can be really fucking difficult knowing whether to ask how he is feeling or how his therapy is going or if I should just chat shit and let him bring it up if he want's to talk about it.

Your mate may have schizophrenia. Not just depression. But he needs help man.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yes YK I think a lot of us have spent time like that
    No not the regular blues. But today I can't even shake the blues. Like I AM WORTHLESS TODAY!! lol....

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Nah he ain't schizophrenic or nothing like that, just suffers from crippling depression, he has therapy (both one on one and group) and it generally works for him but he just relapses every so often

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah he ain't schizophrenic or nothing like that, just suffers from crippling depression, he has therapy (both one on one and group) and it generally works for him but he just relapses every so often
    Poor guy. I feel for him man. He needs prayer for healing. God needs to pour over him and the Holy Spirit needs to enter into his spirit and life. In Jesus's name I pray this for him, whomever he is. Amen!

Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Such a horrible and helpless feeling to have your mind turn against you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feelings are a little like the weather and I guess we just have to dress for it the best we can. I think depression often happens for some reason or other and you have mentioned having some bad experiences lately, so it is inevitable that you won't be feeling yourself. I can only imagine what I would be like if I lost my cat. Day to day these days I am pretty good, but if something happened to my cat, that is something that would likely trigger the black cloud in a bad way. Do you have many friends? Somewhere to go just to get distracted and do something? For some people medication and doctors help, but for me I prefer to try and work things out on my own, read up on topics, look for strategies. I suppose at my lowest points I end up picking up a guitar and I guess P4P would say that is my lowest point too. Sometimes a little humor can work also. Weather the storm and you will catch a glimpse of sunlight at some point.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I might have said that, until you just posted that you couldnt imagine what you would be like upon losing a fucking cat. Now that was your lowest point.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I might have said that, until you just posted that you couldnt imagine what you would be like upon losing a fucking cat. Now that was your lowest point.
    It would potentially induce my refrigerator to impersonate Wagner. I wouldn't take it well. I have a relationship with my cat that even my wife thinks is rather close, but at the same time quite amusing. It is of course in the classic Greek tradition of an elder which is me teaching the younger disciple how to chase a ball and to hunt with toys due to the lack of rodents.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And as we speak a miaow asking me to get away from this computer and so from this computer I shall go.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet, you cant understand how people get so bored as to drink Go chase a ball with that creature that would probably never come back if it had anywhere else to go, cupcake.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Feelings are a little like the weather and I guess we just have to dress for it the best we can. I think depression often happens for some reason or other and you have mentioned having some bad experiences lately, so it is inevitable that you won't be feeling yourself. I can only imagine what I would be like if I lost my cat. Day to day these days I am pretty good, but if something happened to my cat, that is something that would likely trigger the black cloud in a bad way. Do you have many friends? Somewhere to go just to get distracted and do something? For some people medication and doctors help, but for me I prefer to try and work things out on my own, read up on topics, look for strategies. I suppose at my lowest points I end up picking up a guitar and I guess P4P would say that is my lowest point too. Sometimes a little humor can work also. Weather the storm and you will catch a glimpse of sunlight at some point.
    No car and no money. Isolated. I also ran for public office in a small town, and lost, so people have run away from me like the plague.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    No car and no money. Isolated. I also ran for public office in a small town, and lost, so people have run away from me like the plague.

[TitoFan left]

Thread Information