Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rutger Hauer dies age 74

Rutger Hauer, the versatile Dutch leading man of the ’70s who went on star in the 1982 “Blade Runner” as Roy Batty, died July 19 at his home in the Netherlands after a short illness. He was 75.
    Hauer’s agent, Steve Kenis, confirmed the news and said that Hauer’s funeral was held Wednesday.
    His most cherished performance came in a film that was a resounding flop on its original release. In 1982, he portrayed the murderous yet soulful Roy Batty, leader of a gang of outlaw replicants, opposite Harrison Ford in Ridley Scott’s sci-fi noir opus “Blade Runner.” The picture became a widely influential cult favorite, and Batty proved to be Hauer’s most indelible role.
    More recently, he appeared in a pair of 2005 films: as Cardinal Roark in “Sin City,” and as the corporate villain who Bruce Wayne discovers is running the Wayne Corp. in Christopher Nolan’s “Batman Begins.”

In “True Blood,” he played Niall Brigant, the king of the tribe from which the Stackhouse family is descended and the faerie grandfather to Sookie, Jason Stackhouse and Hunter Savoy. Hauer also recurred on ABC’s medieval musical comedy “Galavant” as Kingsley in 2015....

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...RUreuk6y-DQpm8

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rutger Hauer dies age 74

I remember him in a rubbish movie Blind Fury.

RIP
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Rutger Hauer dies age 74

God Bless Rutger Hauer and all actors like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I remember him in a rubbish movie Blind Fury.

RIP
    Yes, he was in PLENTY of shitty movies but he's an actor you WANTED to see in shitty movies, he made them bearable, he was 100% all in on the material he had to work with, he was NEVER the weak link, he never phoned it in.

Guys like Eric Roberts, Lance Henriksen, Michael Ironside, Robert Davi, JT Walsh, Michael Rooker, Powers Boothe, Henry Czerny, Billy Drago, Ronny Cox, Clancy Brown, Wes Studi, Joaquim De Almeida.... Rutger Hauer was with those guys and although maybe you never truly notice those guys in a film, they never get the top billing, but holy shit do THEY make the movie, THEY make the star look good. Alan Rickman was like that....you have to love a good villainous actor and Rutger could not only do that he could also play the Pat Morita/Mr. Miyagi role as the guide and mentor of the young rube learning a martial art/some supernatural skill the man played Dracula AND Van Helsing (though not in the same movie obviously) FFS.

As the forum's biggest fan of B movies I do sincerely mourn the loss of such a skilled and devoted actor

Thread Information