Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte Tests Positive For Banned Substance

I agree it's dangerous 17 stone plus and on PEDs it can make you over thirty percent stronger some can improve cardio as well.
    What next somebody dies because of this cheating.!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn giving an interview on VADA testing in boxing and stating Whyte situ ongoing

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with everything Warren says about the Whyte v Rivas situation.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder why the Warren video disappeared?

I don't disagree with anything he said. The answer is to uphold any suspension until the matter is resolved, no exceptions. I'm sure Frank didn't concern himself with all that lark though when he was promoting Hughie post wild boar gate.

I see the WBC has distanced themselves from Whyte now. Lots of cunts jumping to Dillians defence. 6 million days as mandatory.......stripped in 5 minutes, and all that lark. Fact is they've done the right thing. Fail a test, you should be on ice until it's resolved.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Wonder why the Warren video disappeared?

I don't disagree with anything he said. The answer is to uphold any suspension until the matter is resolved, no exceptions. I'm sure Frank didn't concern himself with all that lark though when he was promoting Hughie post wild boar gate.

I see the WBC has distanced themselves from Whyte now. Lots of cunts jumping to Dillians defence. 6 million days as mandatory.......stripped in 5 minutes, and all that lark. Fact is they've done the right thing. Fail a test, you should be on ice until it's resolved.
    He was mandatory for 4 days, don’t get fooled reading the nonsense.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn: Whyte followed protocol before Rivas fight

Eddie Hearn has come to the defence of Dillian Whyte, insisting the fighter did not break any rules ahead of his bout with Oscar Rivas.

Whyte was stripped of his WBC interim heavyweight title and status as mandatory challenger to champion Deontay Wilder on Tuesday, after climbing off the canvas to beat Rivas on points 10 days earlier.

The victory earned him a shot at Wilder, but Whyte's triumph was plunged into controversy when it was reported the 31-year-old tested positive for a banned substance before the bout.

Promoter Hearn stated Whyte had been cleared to fight by the UK Anti-Doping Agency (UKAD), the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) and the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA), which also tested both boxers in the build-up to the contest.

Whyte insisted he beat Rivas "fair and square", and Hearn has stood by his fighter in the wake of the ruling.

Hearn told talkSPORT: "As I've said in the whole process of this, I feel particularly that we followed all the rules, all the process.

"And on Dillian Whyte, protocol was followed. He had a hearing, he was cleared [to box] at that hearing.

"But he has to make sure that everything is done properly now with his legal team, and I keep getting told off for even opening my mouth.

"This has to come out with all the facts and he has to prove his innocence because, as far as I'm concerned, everyone's just presumed he's guilty anyway.

"The confidential facts – between the two parties until the case comes out – is that no-one really knows all the facts.

"But what I keep saying to people is just understand that a hearing was had with an independent panel where he was cleared to box. Ask yourself why he was cleared, perhaps there's a very good chance that they saw the evidence that meant that he was innocent."

Although he affirmed his belief in Whyte's innocence, Hearn acknowledged the boxer must be handed a severe punishment should he be found guilty.

"If he's found to be innocent, completely innocent, which right now you can't say he's not, then great," Hearn added.

"If he's found to be guilty and he has done something wrong, which in my heart of hearts I don't believe so, then he should be banned from the sport. Anybody that cheats in the sport of boxing should be."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/hea...185703716.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    This is sickening.

The only ones not cheating are AJ and Wilder.

How long was Tyson Fury/Hughie Fury ban or should we forget that because of the mental health issue?

52 year old Ortiz is another drug cheat but Wilder still wants to fight him again?!

AJ is actually the only one not fighting weak competition and putting it on the line..I still feel Fury is the top dog of the division but he has cheated in the past already?!
    I don’t understand the last line “AJ is actually the only one not fighting weak competition”, Wilder is fight superior competition. Over the course of careers, sure, AJ. But the last 2 years it’s Wilder by a mile.
    By a Mile?

AJ has fought tougher competition than Wilder overall..period.

Wilder is now facing another 53 year old drug cheat he has already beaten.

Wilders brother is also a drug cheat.

AJ may have been beaten by Ruiz but he has a better resume all around with no failed PED issues.

I always thought that Fury was the best out of the 3 but he has cheated in the past and there’s no hiding from that..I look forward to the Wilder rematch.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    This is sickening.

The only ones not cheating are AJ and Wilder.

How long was Tyson Fury/Hughie Fury ban or should we forget that because of the mental health issue?

52 year old Ortiz is another drug cheat but Wilder still wants to fight him again?!

AJ is actually the only one not fighting weak competition and putting it on the line..I still feel Fury is the top dog of the division but he has cheated in the past already?!
    I don’t understand the last line “AJ is actually the only one not fighting weak competition”, Wilder is fight superior competition. Over the course of careers, sure, AJ. But the last 2 years it’s Wilder by a mile.
    By a Mile?

AJ has fought tougher competition than Wilder overall..period.

Wilder is now facing another 53 year old drug cheat he has already beaten.

Wilders brother is also a drug cheat.

AJ may have been beaten by Ruiz but he has a better resume all around with no failed PED issues.

I always thought that Fury was the best out of the 3 but he has cheated in the past and there’s no hiding from that..I look forward to the Wilder rematch.
    Yes, by a mile. Fury is better than anyone AJ has ever fought. Wlad was done and Fury showed that. Old ass Ortiz is better than anyone he’s fought or Whyte wouldn’t have thrown a hissy fit and refused to fight him.

If you read my post I stated over the course of their careers AJs comp was better, but that’s being generous since, again, Wilder fought the best opponent of the 2. There really is no denying Wilder has been fighting better competition lately and your statement was “AJ is actually the only one not fighting weak competition and putting it on the line” fighting and putting suggest currently and ongoing. Currently and ongoing Wilder is fighting better fighters. Fury and Ortiz are better fighters. I mean a person could deny that, but only if they want to be obviously wrong.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What makes Ortiz better than Povetkin or Parker or Whyte?

You think if Wilder or Fury's next three opponents were the names above they'd go 6-0? There's a reason they have lots of "easy" fights, the new narrative from modern fans (Al-Haymon/PBC) is shit on the guys that take the toughest runs. How things change.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren -

The silence surrounding the failed drugs test of Dillian Whyte – and the subsequent permission given for him to fight – continues to hold firm.

How can this ludicrous state of affairs possibly be in the best interests of British boxing? It would make us a laughing stock if it wasn’t so serious.

I know it must seem like I am banging on as if I have some sort of agenda, but the safety of boxers in the ring should be the primary concern to all those who care about boxing.

It must be approaching two weeks now since the adverse findings were reported by UKAD to the BBBofC and Dillian Whyte.

My understanding of UKAD’s rules is that on the basis of a positive test known as an adverse analytical finding the athlete is charged and provisionally suspended. The athlete has a right to have the B test tested and that has to be arranged within 10 days of the charge. I also understand the charge notice will impose a date from which a provisional suspension will take effect though that can be appealed prior to the provisional suspension coming into force. A provisional suspension can be put in place pending the B sample analysis. The athlete normally has to answer the charge within 10 days. If an athlete is suspended he has a right to an expedited hearing to deal with the charge. Any provisional suspension would be notified to the relevant governing body.

It should be a straightforward process because, unlike with the original sample, they now know what they are looking for. Surely, with Dillan’s career hanging in the balance he would be more than eager to get the sample tested to clear his name having previously served a lengthy ban from the sport for an anti-doping violation.

To add some context, we promoted Middleweight Joe Mullender, who had an adverse finding on an A sample test last year. We felt it was in the interest of all concerned that we had the subsequent testing process expedited as a matter of urgency and we achieved this within a matter of days at a cost of £400, so that we were able to establish all the facts.

In the meantime, we as a sport are in a quandary. I am a promoter and manager, and now have serious concerns over the fact that when we are making matches, we have no transparency as to whether the opponents have previously tested positive or not.

Everyone should remember the crucial point in this whole sorry saga is that Oscar Rivas wasn’t made aware of the serious risk he was taking getting in the ring that night at the O2 Arena against Whyte, who had just failed a drugs test. I believe that the promoter, UKAD, and the BBBofC, all who were involved in the bout, had a duty of care to make Rivas aware of that fact before he stepped in the ring.

We are now in the terrible position where nobody knows what they are supposed to do and no guidance is forthcoming from UKAD, who have even removed their list of banned fighters from public view with no explanation given.

Thomas Hauser, one of the most respected journalists in the sport, has rightly reported on this matter and is now being discredited by Eddie Hearn, suggesting that 50 per cent of his breaking story on Whyte is wrong. Yet he fails to elaborate on which points are supposedly wrong.

As a leading boxing writer and a lawyer, is it right that Hauser has to endure having his reputation trashed for doing his job and bringing this serious matter to the public’s attention and more importantly, to the man most affected by this sorry situation, Rivas?

Why doesn’t Hearn say publicly what are the 50% inaccuracies with Hauser’s article, let’s hear what they are, if indeed there are any?

Hearn has mentioned the VADA testing that Whyte also undertook. These tests are mostly done within a certain time window, in this case it was on or about 17 June. UKAD tests are done on a wholly random basis, and their test was done around 22 June, it rarely happens that two tests are done so close together by different Agencies.

Crucially, it is a fact that some PEDS, can take only three to four days before they leave the system.

Whatever has taken place in this case and whether there has been “procedural issues”, lawyers have written to most of the media claiming Whyte’s privacy is being invaded, despite the fact he has gone on record himself on a number of occasions accusing some of fighters, including Anthony Joshua, of being “Juicers” without providing any proof.

After making such accusations, I believe he forfeits any right to privacy after he was informed that he himself had tested positive.

I recall when the Board were taken to court by Michael Watson because of the inadequate safety measures for his Matchroom promoted fight against Chris Eubank. He subsequently won substantial damages against the Board which resulted in them going into administration.

During the action, one of the comments made by a member of the Board in their defence was that “Watson knew the risks he was taking when he stepped into the ring.”

With all the lessons learnt from the Watson tragedy, which resulted in the vastly improved safety measures now put in place by the Board to protect boxers, you would have thought that all concerned would have reflected on that comment and ensured Oscar Rivas was aware of the serious risk he was taking when he stepped into the ring against the positive tested Whyte.

This is a serious situation for the credibility of boxing and at the very least we are entitled to ask after nearly two weeks what has happened to the B sample.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Frank Warren - I know it must seem like I am banging on as if I have some sort of agenda

I didn't read the rest but I assume Eddie is a wrongun like his dad Barry.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with previous posters about this. What the hell is going on?

Whyte has previous when I comes to failing drugs tests. If he s caught again, he should get lifetime ban IMO Boxing is not taking drug cheating seriously and won't until we see it contribute to a fatality or serious injury

Unless he was on marijuana, or something definitely NOT performance enhancing, there is no way he should have ben cleared to fight.

Where is the openness and transparency that the alleged sanctioning bodies promised? Why is there no information in the public domain.?

This stinks of a cover up and corruption
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte has cheated before and served his ban..if he’s guilty again then he should be banned for life.

It’s seems so strange how it happens after he picks up the belt...we all have no idea what is happening behind the scenes and if the WBC are making evil waves to influence certain decisions..all corrupt.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What makes Ortiz better than Povetkin or Parker or Whyte?

You think if Wilder or Fury's next three opponents were the names above they'd go 6-0? There's a reason they have lots of "easy" fights, the new narrative from modern fans (Al-Haymon/PBC) is shit on the guys that take the toughest runs. How things change.
    “That take the toughest fights”, you are so full of it you can’t even see that it’s proven wrong in the example you give. “Take the toughest fights”, Dillian repeatedly REFUSED the guy you are putting down hahaha. Refused means the opposite of take. Clown preposterous.

Thread Information