Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte Tests Positive For Banned Substance

The same thing happened to the Fury's. Got pinged, said no, no, no I aint done nuffink honest, we want to appeal. They said fine, keep boxing until this is resolved. Then people got all silly saying UKAD were stopping Tyson from fighting
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    They knew before he got into the ring with Rivas. So what would we be saying now if Whyte had hurt Rivas?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    They knew before he got into the ring with Rivas. So what would we be saying now if Whyte had hurt Rivas?
    6 month ban and back in the ring
    The precedent has been set

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    A similar thing happened with Mariuz Wach when he fought Wlad. It was known Wach had failed a test......that's fucking horrendous to allow a KNOWN cheat to continue on with a fight, too dangerous regardless the level of competition.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    A similar thing happened with Mariuz Wach when he fought Wlad. It was known Wach had failed a test......that's fucking horrendous to allow a KNOWN cheat to continue on with a fight, too dangerous regardless the level of competition.
    Horrendous yes, but Ortiz has failed 2 tests if my memory serves me right, I've had a fair few beers so I could be wrong g but I'm sure he's been done twice and he didn't get a.fucking 8 year ban.

Now don't get me wrong as far as I'm concerned the second that you test positive you should be banned but at the same time everything is so convoluted it is unreal.

And have you seen the length of the list of shit you shit allowed to take from VADA to UKAD it's as long as your arm and they are both different it would be easy to make a mistake.

At the same time if I was next in line for the HW belts I'd be phoning some dude up to say 'I've got a snotty nose can I take this brand of hayfever tablet? And then I'm going for a toby carvery, is the steak alright'

No excuses but you can see how mistakes are made.

El Kabong Guest

Horrendous yes, but Ortiz has failed 2 tests if my memory serves me right, I've had a fair few beers so I could be wrong g but I'm sure he's been done twice and he didn't get a.fucking 8 year ban.

Now don't get me wrong as far as I'm concerned the second that you test positive you should be banned but at the same time everything is so convoluted it is unreal.

And have you seen the length of the list of shit you shit allowed to take from VADA to UKAD it's as long as your arm and they are both different it would be easy to make a mistake.

At the same time if I was next in line for the HW belts I'd be phoning some dude up to say 'I've got a snotty nose can I take this brand of hayfever tablet? And then I'm going for a toby carvery, is the steak alright'

Oh absolutely. I think the major issues are there's no universal sanctioning body for boxing, there are sanctioning bodies AND there's athletic commissions and how all this works together which groups you use for testing when the tests are how the tests are it's all a fucking mess and nobody understand it. I don't know when VADA is used vs WADA I don't know the difference between them other than the name. I don't know how or if their tests differ. I don't know if they are corrupt themselves(which is a possibility). I don't know if they are ever hindered or if they hinder a fighter one way or another because you never know.

It's too naive to think everyone is on the up and up and it's too cynical to think everyone is cheating all the time.

Boxing is just another sport people cheat in, it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The whole situation is a mess egg could be on a lot of faces

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Oh absolutely. I think the major issues are there's no universal sanctioning body for boxing, there are sanctioning bodies AND there's athletic commissions and how all this works together which groups you use for testing when the tests are how the tests are it's all a fucking mess and nobody understand it. I don't know when VADA is used vs WADA I don't know the difference between them other than the name. I don't know how or if their tests differ. I don't know if they are corrupt themselves(which is a possibility). I don't know if they are ever hindered or if they hinder a fighter one way or another because you never know.

It's too naive to think everyone is on the up and up and it's too cynical to think everyone is cheating all the time.

Boxing is just another sport people cheat in, it happens.
    WADA doesn’t test anyone, they oversee. WADA uses USADA in the USA, UKAD in the UK, RUSADA in Russia etcetera to do the testing. WADA just decides the rules and enforces them.

VADA is a Private testing organization that determines how they think best to test different athletes in different circumstances. They rightfully believe you can’t have “seasons” where it’s your “offseason” so you dope up and train then come off to compete with the advantage. The problem with VADA is they still work according to the company that hires them so it confuses people. Like the WBC pays them 40$ per fighter per month for the fighters that are in the WBCs clean testing program. And fans think they are in VADA testing. They aren’t, VADA testing costs 10s of thousands of dollars. Dillian Whyte for instance paid them 40k. WBCs clean testing program performed by VADA is not VADA testing.

The ways they obfuscate to allow cheaters to continue to cheat and everyone profits are disturbing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight Miller in Mexico. Bill it as "The Drug Wars."

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is sickening.

The only ones not cheating are AJ and Wilder.

How long was Tyson Fury/Hughie Fury ban or should we forget that because of the mental health issue?

52 year old Ortiz is another drug cheat but Wilder still wants to fight him again?!

AJ is actually the only one not fighting weak competition and putting it on the line..I still feel Fury is the top dog of the division but he has cheated in the past already?!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whoops 😁

Eddie Hearn, Dillian Whyte filmed discussing drug test fail in SHOCK video

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019...n-whyte-video/

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    This is sickening.

How long was Tyson Fury/Hughie Fury ban or should we forget that because of the mental health issue?

52 year old Ortiz is another drug cheat but Wilder still wants to fight him again?!

AJ is actually the only one not fighting weak competition and putting it on the line..I still feel Fury is the top dog of the division but he has cheated in the past already?!
    Tyson Fury took himself out of competition and accepted a backdated two year ban.. So two years...

Really dodgy of these gits not to notify Rivas before The fight.. Rivas should be very annoyed...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That video of dialogue between Hearn and Whyte can surely be seen either way?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    This is sickening.

I don’t understand the last line “AJ is actually the only one not fighting weak competition”, Wilder is fight superior competition. Over the course of careers, sure, AJ. But the last 2 years it’s Wilder by a mile.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a very dangerous situation. There is also a dispute with Whyte's gloves

Thread Information