Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sergey Kovalev kicked off plane

WBO champ Sergey Kovalev kicked off plane for allegedly kissing, throwing cash at woman

Sergey Kovalev is facing more trouble after another alleged incident of making aggressive sexual advances toward an unwilling woman, The Athletic reports.

According to a Broward Country Sheriff’s Office report obtained by The Athletic, Kovalev, 36, stands accused of grabbing a woman’s hand, kissing her and throwing cash at her while seated on a plane scheduled to depart the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport for Los Angeles on July 15.

Kovalev removed from plane

The captain ordered Kovalev removed from the plane after the woman reported that she felt “uncomfortable and not safe” because of the alleged actions of the World Boxing Organization’s light heavyweight champion.

The Broward County Sheriff’s office told The Athletic that Kovalev was not arrested and is not facing charges. He later caught another flight to Los Angeles.

Kovalev declined comment to The Athletic through his promoter.

Kovalev has pending felony assault charge

Kovalev is facing a felony assault charge for another incident in June 2018 where a woman accuses him of punching her in the face after she refused his sexual advances in the California mountain resort town of Big Bear.

Jamie Frontz alleges that Kovalev and a friend followed her and her friend back to her cabin before Kovalev pinned her on her couch. She claims that she free herself when her dog intervened and demanded that Kovalev leave before Kovalev allegedly kicked the dog and punched her in the face.

Frontz filed a civil lawsuit seeking millions claiming that she suffered a broken nose and a concussion.

Kovalev was arrested the night of the alleged incident and released on $50,000 bond. He pleaded not guilty during an Aug. 27 hearing. The next hearing is scheduled for Aug. 1. He faces up to four years in prison if found guilty.

Kovalev recently regained title

Kovalev (33-3-1, 28 KOs) is scheduled to defend his WBO title against Britain’s Anthony Yarde on Aug. 24 in his home country Russia. That fight could be bypassed if negotiations to fight Canelo Alvarez in October come to fruition.

He lost his WBO title to Eleider Alvarez by TKO in August 2018 before regaining it in a February rematch via unanimous decision.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/wbo...003154390.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergey Kovalev kicked off plane

Kovalev is a mess. It’s too bad because as a fighter, I’m a big fan of his. I try to give the benefit of the doubt to everyone, but after so many allegations, it seems pretty hard to refute them all.

These kinds of things I believe have stunted his career.

El Kabong Guest

Not a great look for Kovalev if all is true. Maybe the first signs of too many shots to the dome....anger/impulse control is one of those things, maybe he had a few too many drinks as well? Regardless it's unacceptable behavior but some guys don't know how to turn the brute force off

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not cool. He seems to be turning into a fusion of Broner and Pavlik. Shame as I like him as a fighter and most of the time he seems okay. Planes are awful places really. Unless you buy up all the seats next to you, you are inevitably going to be sat next to someone who either throws money at you, burps constantly, or else simply does not fit into the seat. Is there anything more disgusting than an airplane toilet?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s please not give this dirtbag the excuse of CTE(even if he has it), his history of scumbaggery is far to long and plentiful to act as if it’s some change.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Not cool. He seems to be turning into a fusion of Broner and Pavlik. Shame as I like him as a fighter and most of the time he seems okay. Planes are awful places really. Unless you buy up all the seats next to you, you are inevitably going to be sat next to someone who either throws money at you, burps constantly, or else simply does not fit into the seat. Is there anything more disgusting than an airplane toilet?
    Pavlik just had a drinking problem to my knowledge, kind of unfair to the chap as plenty of people couldnt hit or taunt a woman regardless of how far down that rabbit hole they are, that kinda has to be there to begin with. I worked construction for a while and have done a fair bit of camping, outhouses are far, far more disgusting, airplane toilets would get cleaned after every flight, not that gross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gonna be the Villain vs Canelo now. Unfortunate but becomes the next backstory if he is not suspended.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Pavlik just had a drinking problem to my knowledge, kind of unfair to the chap as plenty of people couldnt hit or taunt a woman regardless of how far down that rabbit hole they are, that kinda has to be there to begin with. I worked construction for a while and have done a fair bit of camping, outhouses are far, far more disgusting, airplane toilets would get cleaned after every flight, not that gross.
    I could be wrong but Pavlik wasn't being a nuisance at that stage? I do mean similar in that there are a lot of drink rumors, not in terms of the weird woman stuff he is allegedly doing. Probably a better comparison is his rival Jermaine Taylor.

Again, he seemed quite normal and polite early on but just seemed to lose it. You suspect all those beatings have had an affect in him. He took too much punishment. Kovalev does seem to be getting into trouble lately.

I am not a fan of airplane toilets. I generally end up on long haul flights and you end up seeing things that are not nice. Urine on the floor, toothpaste and spit in the sink, sometimes unflushed toilets, long lines of people. I do not enjoy it. I have never traveled business class, so maybe it is nicer there, but down with the peasants it isn't nice. Is it so difficult to rinse a sink, or not pee on the floor or to flush?

Well Taylor seemed to really lose his mind for a bit and get more paranoid symptoms in line with brain trauma, again, maybe you heard something about Pavlik I didnt... I watched some interviews of him recently and he seemed fine even if hes still boozing, put on a fair bit of muscle and seems like a decent guy. I literally just came off of a trip where I had to shit in remote outhouses that smelled like a combination of the worst rotten feces and bleach, where all you could do was hover over the can and hope for the best while exhaling through your nose the whole time.... So i stand by my point there.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about those portable bogs they use at festivals (same as the building site ones I think)? Not sure what they're like these days, but I entered one around 1993, to this day I have no idea why it had a toilet, might as well been a cupboard knee deep in shit, sick, piss and paper. I nearly cried.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    How about those portable bogs they use at festivals (same as the building site ones I think)? Not sure what they're like these days, but I entered one around 1993, to this day I have no idea why it had a toilet, might as well been a cupboard knee deep in shit, sick, piss and paper. I nearly cried.

I suspect there aint much changed The worst on job sites was when the poor fucker whose job it was to clean them rolled around, just sticks a vacuum down there and sucks everything out, holy lord the stench would travel a mile, and thats his whole day, every day.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously, this is what this thread does? This guy has shown repeatedly to be a racist, repeatedly to be a coward afraid to work to better himself firing anyone who challenges him to change, repeatedly to have no respect for women or laws. And it’s pity, excuses and toilets?

Where are the people calling this scumbag a scumbag? It looks like a distraction to ignore the ugliness

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is saying he isnt a scumbag its just not that interesting to chat about, toilets are much moreso.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Seriously, this is what this thread does? This guy has shown repeatedly to be a racist, repeatedly to be a coward afraid to work to better himself firing anyone who challenges him to change, repeatedly to have no respect for women or laws. And it’s pity, excuses and toilets?

Where are the people calling this scumbag a scumbag? It looks like a distraction to ignore the ugliness
    In fairness porta toilets are pretty scummy, I mean it fits at least. If you really want to see nasty btw try a portalet along a Mardi Gras parade route on the second week of carnival. Just sayin . Yeh Kovalev has really proven to be not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. Glaring at a woman is bad enough but putting hands on or verbally harassing should see a charge or something. Lucky he didn't get muffed up by an undercover or passengers on a crowded flight. People do not take kindly to obnoxious drunk wankers delaying their flight and menacing passengers.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

loathsome thug

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information