Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,689
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    He had nothing to apologise for. Never apologize for common sense views. Never. If cultists cannot handle it then that is their problem. He should be honest and say that is what he believes and has nothing to apologize for. End of.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He had nothing to apologise for. Never apologize for common sense views. Never. If cultists cannot handle it then that is their problem. He should be honest and say that is what he believes and has nothing to apologize for. End of.

    Most of us agree except for the PC gang. However, he got pressured probably by the network and you know how that goes. Bunch of spineless weasels caving like that. What's this world coming to....

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,951
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2823
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Kudos on wanting to educate yourself on the matter. Funny though, how it's ok to reference and quote an article written by a trans activist...... but it's somehow naive to reference and quote an article written by a religious objector. Seems "double-standardish" to me.... you know?
    Are you serious? You don't know the difference between a fact-checked reputable source and unregulated religious/conspiracy propaganda screaming about fire and brimstone and Sodom and Gomorrah?

    1. The article I provided is from a world-renowned reputable source (A factual search reveals that NBC News has not failed a fact check by an IFCN fact checker. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/nbc-news/)

    2. It has fifteen citations, so we can fact check for ourselves, including scientific research from the The American Academy of Pediatrics (https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-...olescents.aspx)

    3. It is clearly labeled an opinion piece, hence the authors credentials - an award winning Lawyer and staff attorney for ALCU (not a loon with zero credentials hiding behind a blog moniker).

    4. I clearly stated that I was confused by Mario Lopez apology, what was offensive? He then called himself ignorant and insensitive. I then provided some evidence and facts from the highly informative article, that's all. It doesn't mean you have to agree Mario was "offensive," just appreciate facts from fiction.
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-04-2019 at 04:19 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Kudos on wanting to educate yourself on the matter. Funny though, how it's ok to reference and quote an article written by a trans activist...... but it's somehow naive to reference and quote an article written by a religious objector. Seems "double-standardish" to me.... you know?
    Are you serious? You don't know the difference between a fact-checked reputable source and unregulated religious/conspiracy propaganda screaming about fire and brimstone and Sodom and Gomorrah?

    1. The article I provided is from a world-renowned reputable source (A factual search reveals that NBC News has not failed a fact check by an IFCN fact checker. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/nbc-news/)

    2. It has fifteen citations, so we can fact check for ourselves, including scientific research from the The American Academy of Pediatrics (https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-...olescents.aspx)

    3. It is clearly labeled an opinion piece, hence the authors credentials - an award winning Lawyer and staff attorney for ALCU (not a loon with zero credentials hiding behind a blog moniker).

    4. I clearly stated that I was confused by Mario Lopez apology, what was offensive? He then called himself ignorant and insensitive. I then provided some evidence and facts from the highly informative article, that's all. It doesn't mean you have to agree Mario was "offensive," just appreciate facts from fiction.

    I'm well aware of the difference. It appears you're not.

    1. The article you provided was written by a trans activist. Makes little difference whether he's an attorney for the ALCU, a NASA engineer, or a professor at MIT. He's a trans activist. Hence the opinion part you admit to in #3.

    2. Fifteen citations? Convenient and misleading bit of information, as many of these just link back to other likewise-opinionated pieces. That's what Trump does. Backs up his bullshit with "quoted bullshit." Same shit.

    3. Glad you understand it's an opinion piece. Again... the writer's credentials matter little if the guy's a trans activist. Obviously not the unbiased source you seem to be comically trumpeting.

    4. Mario Lopez called his comments (not himself) ignorant and insensitive upon being pressured to do so by his people. He is a TV personality and being on TV is his livelihood. Getting fired over an innocent comment would severely damage his ability to make a living.


    If anyone presented a highly informative, unbiased article... it was me. Yet it went ignored because it doesn't fit your narrative. Forbes, in writing about the economics in medicine, including the use of puberty blockers on children, clearly has "no dog in the fight", and can offer a different, unslanted, intelligent perspective on what is a real and increasing problem.

    You're welcome.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    As proof of #4, I offer the following article:

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193322170.html


    Whether rumors of his imminent firing are true or not, it is clear that the network was not pleased by Mario's remarks, and his apology was the only thing that kept him from being fired.

    You're a betting man. I'd be willing to make a healthy wager that, if questioned privately, Mario would admit to not being sorry at all..... that he still feels his comments were harmless and not hurtful.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,951
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2823
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    Jesus funking christ, dude.

    Your article had nothing to do with what I read, Mario Lopez or the reasons he apologised, it was irrelevant. Everyone ignored it not just me. If it makes you feel better, feel free to explain what you want me to say about your article.

    What is my narrative? () All I did was try to find out why Mario Lopez apologised ()
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-04-2019 at 05:28 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    That's all you were doing? Trying to find out why Mario Lopez apologized? Oh, ok.

    You'll excuse me if I thought you were trying to pass an opinion article written by a trans activist as "educational", because you basically said as much in your opening post in this thread.

    I would've thought if that's all you were doing (trying to find out why Mario apologized), that you would've simply read a factual account of what happened. No slant in either direction. Instead you chose a piece written by a biased source.

    Once you proceeded to try and pass that off as factual and unbiased, I felt compelled to present you with an actual factual, unbiased piece on the subject.

    No biggie.

    Anywho..... I hope you finally understand why it was that Mario apologized, since you claim that was your only purpose.



    See? We gettin' good at this shit ain't we...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,951
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2823
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    You're now saying an opinion piece can't be educational? What kind of stupid is that? Who other than a Trans (or activist) can best explain why the comments were offensive? Mario didn't know. I didn't know. Nobody else on here offered a reason other than - "fuck them!"

    The article not only educates from a Trans perspective but links to testimony and evidence from pediatricians, doctors, parents, childrens orgs, victims and families of suicide victims. It provides research from official American medical and health and suicide and charity institutes.

    Do you - @TITO - know more about Trans children than these organisations? More than an actual Trans? Victims of sucide/bullying/humiliation? Is Tito the only expert on Trans? The only voice allowed?

    If you're not prepared to listen to the other side, how do you expect to learn/understand anything? That is pure ignorance.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You're now saying an opinion piece can't be educational? What kind of stupid is that? Who other than a Trans (or activist) can best explain why the comments were offensive? Mario didn't know. I didn't know. Nobody else on here offered a reason other than - "fuck them!"

    The article not only educates from a Trans perspective but links to testimony and evidence from pediatricians, doctors, parents, childrens orgs, victims and families of suicide victims. It provides research from official American medical and health and suicide and charity institutes.

    Do you - @TITO - know more about Trans children than these organisations? More than an actual Trans? Victims of sucide/bullying/humiliation? Is Tito the only expert on Trans? The only voice allowed?

    If you're not prepared to listen to the other side, how do you expect to learn/understand anything? That is pure ignorance.


    Pot and kettle, anyone? "Not prepared to listen to the other side"...... now that's a peach right there.

    For every pro-trans slanted article attempting to provide "statistics" regarding teen suicides related to gender issues, I can provide you with two or three unbiased medical articles which point to the exact opposite, where suicide rates are actually higher among teens who have been lazily "gender-transitioned". I say lazily because obviously the traditional methods of therapy and counseling are too time consuming for both parents and medical professionals. It's easier and more profitable to administer puberty blockers and perform surgical transformations. To say these people are constantly pushing to lower the age of blockers and surgical options is a gross understatement. It is not only well documented that there is controversy in the medical profession over the administration of puberty blockers on children....... it is common sense as well...... as the almighty $$$ has a way of skewing even the most sacred of principles.

    Is Tito an expert on trans? God no. Is Fenster? If so.... what are your credentials. If you're one yourself, I guess that would explain why the stubborn torch-carrying.

    Ignorance isn't objecting to things because of your own beliefs. Ignorance is taking articles written by totally biased sources and trying to pass them off as fact. THAT....... is ignorance.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,951
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2823
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    For every pro-trans slanted article attempting to provide "statistics" regarding teen suicides related to gender issues, I can provide you with two or three unbiased medical articles which point to the exact opposite, where suicide rates are actually higher among teens who have been lazily "gender-transitioned". I say lazily because obviously the traditional methods of therapy and counseling are too time consuming for both parents and medical professionals. It's easier and more profitable to administer puberty blockers and perform surgical transformations. To say these people are constantly pushing to lower the age of blockers and surgical options is a gross understatement. It is not only well documented that there is controversy in the medical profession over the administration of puberty blockers on children....... it is common sense as well...... as the almighty $$$ has a way of skewing even the most sacred of principles.
    I have no idea what you're talking about - Puberty blockers? Trans suicide rates? Traditional therapy? Counselling? $$$? Biased medical articles?

    I only just learnt that kids aren't allowed surgery until they're 18, I have virtually zero interest in Trans.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Is Tito an expert on trans? God no.
    That's why I read a real Trans person to get educated about Mario's comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Is Fenster an expert? If so.... what are your credentials. If you're one yourself, I guess that would explain why the stubborn torch-carrying.
    Is Fenster a Trans? No, dude, that's why I read a real Trans to get educated about Mario's comments. I have no idea how "stubborn torch-carrying" possibly applies to me, no idea whatsoever? I have never claimed anything but ignorance when it comes to Trans, barely made a comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Pot and kettle, anyone? "Not prepared to listen to the other side"...... now that's a peach right there.
    As you can see I specifically looked for the opposite side to help me understand their position. Why would I need a Trans to explain why Mario's comments were offensive? Maybe you're upset and angry with me because I didn't say "fuck them?" "They're mentally ill," "it's child abuse" .... I simply don't understand it.

    Who is "anyone?" For a guy who gets upset and angry when "lumped together with others," you sure do call a lot for friends, reassurance and comfort in numbers to back you up.

    Try to speak for yourself otherwise you look like a bully rounding up the gang. (just some friendly advise, hope you don't get too angry ).
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-05-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: TV personality Mario Lopez in hot water over "insensitive" remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    For every pro-trans slanted article attempting to provide "statistics" regarding teen suicides related to gender issues, I can provide you with two or three unbiased medical articles which point to the exact opposite, where suicide rates are actually higher among teens who have been lazily "gender-transitioned". I say lazily because obviously the traditional methods of therapy and counseling are too time consuming for both parents and medical professionals. It's easier and more profitable to administer puberty blockers and perform surgical transformations. To say these people are constantly pushing to lower the age of blockers and surgical options is a gross understatement. It is not only well documented that there is controversy in the medical profession over the administration of puberty blockers on children....... it is common sense as well...... as the almighty $$$ has a way of skewing even the most sacred of principles.
    I have no idea what you're talking about - Puberty blockers? Trans suicide rates? Traditional therapy? Counselling? $$$? Biased medical articles?

    I only just learnt that kids aren't allowed surgery until they're 18, I have virtually zero interest in Trans.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Is Tito an expert on trans? God no.
    That's why I read a real Trans person to get educated about Mario's comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Is Fenster an expert? If so.... what are your credentials. If you're one yourself, I guess that would explain why the stubborn torch-carrying.
    Is Fenster a Trans? No, dude, that's why I read a real Trans to get educated about Mario's comments. I have no idea how "stubborn torch-carrying" possibly applies to me, no idea whatsoever? I have never claimed anything but ignorance when it comes to Trans, barely made a comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Pot and kettle, anyone? "Not prepared to listen to the other side"...... now that's a peach right there.
    As you can see I specifically looked for the opposite side to help me understand their position. Why would I need a Trans to explain why Mario's comments were offensive? Maybe you're upset and angry with me because I didn't say "fuck them?" "They're mentally ill," "it's child abuse" .... I simply don't understand it.

    Who is "anyone?" For a guy who gets upset and angry when "lumped together with others," you sure do call a lot for friends, reassurance and comfort in numbers to back you up.

    Try to speak for yourself otherwise you look like a bully rounding up the gang. (just some friendly advise, hope you don't get too angry ).


    You know... at the end of the day it's really not all that important. I hope you're not losing any sleep over this.

    I say what I say, because there's a history of yours (and mine) views on all that is LGBTQ related. This shouldn't even need be said, but I'll said it because anyone would think all this comes from the thin air. It doesn't.

    Not sure what you mean by "you sure do call a lot of friends" but again..... it's not all that important, and for people like you guys (your gang) that make a routine out of twisting other people's words into what you feel like, it's not at all surprising that you would continue to do so.

    There's no anger here, as personally I couldn't give less of a flying one what other people say or do, as long as it doesn't affect me or my family directly.

    You've already created this mental picture of me which suits your fancy, so...... knock yourself out dude. Whatever rocks your boat.

    I'll continue being opinionated on what I feel on being opinionated..... and if that somehow rubs your gang the wrong way...... you can always look the other way.

    Nice chat.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 11:01 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 07:12 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 02:33 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing