Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Naoya Inoue vs Nonito Donaire - WBSS Final - Japan - 7/11/19

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    What I don’t understand is there’s a lot of talk about the other WBSS final being off due to financial issues, but nothing with this final. All a bit odd.
    doesn't seem to be any issues with the briedis vs dorticos final either that seems headed to latvia. wbss has saved the day before, sending good vibes for them to get it done again
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's DAZN in the USA/Canada and nothing in the UK so far (sure Kalle said it was Sky the other week) - however, the big one this week is MFI-Logans Run on SKY Box Office, so understandable why this got the Spanish.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel a little sorry for Inoue here, unlike Taylor and Prograis, where we got the 2 best fighting in the final through elimination, both Barnett (taking nothing away from Donaire) and Tete suffered injuries. It's good in a way, because there is still more work for him to achieve at the weight after he final. The Nery fight is the obvious choice.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel a little sorry for Inoue here, unlike Taylor and Prograis, where we got the 2 best fighting in the final through elimination, both Barnett (taking nothing away from Donaire) and Tete suffered injuries. It's good in a way, because there is still more work for him to achieve at the weight after he final. The Nery fight is the obvious choice.
    The thing is that Inoue fought good fighters the first two fights. It’s just an anti climatic ending. But I agree that that doesn’t mean he can’t fight fighters like Nery or Tete after the tournament is over.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah nothing in the UK (Sky Sports) which is annoying, they could have shown this as a freebie really.
    I've got DAZN but only through my fire stick so will probably miss it as at work.
    If I find some live DAZN links I'll post them up here 😎

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was announced this morning its being shown on Sky Sport Action at 12:05 pm and DAZN
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like this fight at all. Donaire is a class act and it's great he's been able to have the late resurgence in his career(silly of him to have been fighting above his weight for so long really), but Inoue is a killer and imo would have annihilated even a prime Donaire.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's definitely going to be more like watching a long time laugh it up type friend run head first right into oncoming traffic. Donaire will go out swinging for the fences though. Love the fact Inoue arguably a World star is having the finale in Japan. The atmosphere and fanfare can be off the charts and frankly something you just don't see like we used to out of Japan. Oba, Wajima, Guts, Tatsuyoshi great company and Monster right up there.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who remembers when Japanese hardcore fan favourite Hozumi Hasegawa was moving through divisions ironing everyone out, looked awesome, P4P-er (I loved him)? Veteran Mexican "HOF-er" Montiel went to Japan as a lamb to the slaughter, had no chance, mismatch, yet ironed him out in the 4th round.

Now don't get me wrong, Inoue is different level special, however, Donaire is his highest profile fight to date and still has a P4P lethal left hand.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Who remembers when Japanese hardcore fan favourite Hozumi Hasegawa was moving through divisions ironing everyone out, looked awesome, P4P-er (I loved him)? Veteran Mexican "HOF-er" Montiel went to Japan as a lamb to the slaughter, had no chance, mismatch, yet ironed him out in the 4th round.

Now don't get me wrong, Inoue is different level special, however, Donaire is his highest profile fight to date and still has a P4P lethal left hand.
    I don’t think that Hasegawa was the fighter that Inoue is. I think he was good but a little over hyped. The one thing that I’m still not sure about with Inoue is his chin. That always seems to be the question mark on these guys who just knock people out. What happens when someone can take their punch and punch back?

I just don’t think that Donaire has the fire power left whatsoever. I think he still has a good left hand, but part of what made it so good before was the speed of it. One of those “the punch that hurts the most is the one you don’t see.” Donaire doesn’t have near the speed as he once had. It’s possible that he catches Inoue, but I just highly doubt it. Inoue has been on a tear.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I never had Hasegawa near P4P. He was a very good fighter tho.

Donaire is such a gracious guy. It's always hard to see a guy like that lose. But everything I've seen from Inoue, also puts him in that mould. They both earned their spot here, and both look in fantastic condition. For me tho, it is kind of a lose/ lose fight for Inoue. If he bombs out Donaire, we'll get the "Donaire was old shtick", if Inoue struggles or it goes the distance it'll be "Inoue is overrated", which I think is unfair. I already feel that Inoue beat the 2nd best guy in the tournament (Rodriguez) and since Tete pulled out Donaire is a worthy finalist in my eyes.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s probably fair to call Naoya Inoue the most dominant fighter in boxing. The unbeaten IBF-WBA bantamweight champion, who meets Nonito Donaire on Thursday (5 a.m. ET, DAZN) in the finals of the World Boxing Super Series bantamweight tournament in Saitama, Japan, has needed less than six minutes to get through his first two bouts.

He’s 18-0 with 16 KOs and pound-for-pound could be the hardest puncher in the sport.

There’s some pressure that goes along with the high expectations that surround Inoue, who is No. 5 on Yahoo Sports’ ranking of the best boxers in the world. Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey once graced the cover of Sports Illustrated over the headline, “Unbreakable: Ronda Rousey is the world’s most dominant athlete.”

Rousey, of course, was knocked out in her next bout in the second round, and in 48 seconds in her comeback fight. She retired from fighting to pursue a career as pro wrestler and an actress.

So just because a few media types have anointed Inoue as boxing’s next big thing, it means nothing. Inoue is a -900 favorite at the MGM Grand Sports Book to remain unbeaten, though Donaire is unfazed.

“I’m just very excited,” Donaire said. “I don’t see myself with any disadvantages going into the final. I will give everything I have to win and I believe I can do it. It has been predicted that the keys to the fight are speed and power and the one who makes a mistake first will lose. On the other hand, we both have boxing brains, so it can be a long game like chess.”

It won’t be much like chess unless one considers Inoue trying to fire a volley of hooks at Donaire’s midsection a game of chess.

Inoue shrugged when Donaire’s physical advantages were brought up. Donaire has held a world title at featherweight and has fought far better opposition than he has so far in his career. Inoue admitted to idolizing Donaire and said he’d hoped to see Donaire in the finals when the bracket was first made public.

Inoue is one of those special athletes who has the ability to make disadvantages like height and reach rapidly disappear. In many ways, he’s like a bantamweight version of former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. When Tyson was a 20-year-old champion, he gave up a lot of height and reach to his opponents. But Tyson was exceptionally quick and fast-handed and had the power to knock a small building down. Proportionally, it’s much the same with Inoue, who is swinging for the fences with just about everything he throws.

“Nonito’s only advantage is his experience,” Inoue said. “He has been in many big fights. He is taller and his reach is longer, but that’s something we have prepared for.”

A win over Donaire will garner Inoue plenty of attention within the industry. But he has the ability to transcend the sport and become a global star with his power and personality.

He’s still largely unknown to American fans, but if there is anything that could grab the attention of the American sporting public, it is a guy with concussive power in each hand who delivers blows in a blinding assault until the opposition wilts under the pressure.

Inoue understands what is ahead of him.

“We are going to show the greatest fight ever,” Inoue said. “A victory will be a very satisfying moment for me and it will be a very big step for a bright future.”

It may also herald the arrival of a must-see new international star. His nickname is “The Monster,” and though Halloween is past, it’s going to be monster season for a while now.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/a-d...192546286.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Oubaali beats Takuma.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information