Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Naoya Inoue vs Nonito Donaire - WBSS Final - Japan - 7/11/19

This is on a Thursday, should be a good un.

Naoya Inoue and Nonito Donaire will meet in a firecracker of a World Boxing Super Series final clash on November 7 at the Saitama Super Arena in Japan.

The Japanese IBF champion, and rising pound for pound star, will meet the Filipino WBA champion, and legendary veteran, in the concluding bout of the bantamweight tournament.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...lly-announced/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Naoya Inoue vs Nonito Donaire - WBSS Final - Japan - 7/11/19

It’s just unfortunate that Donaire got into the final. I will watch the fight, but I’m not too excited. There were other fighters that would have been much more exciting to watch against Inoue. Donaire got extremely fortunate and probably wouldn’t have beaten his first or second opponent if not for injuries.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one can begrudge Donaire he took his opportunity and hope he earns loads of money.

Inoue is a brutal puncher and will be interesting how his career pans out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like Donaire , but at this stage of his career, a fight with Inoue is a very big ask. I just hope he doesn’t get too battered.
    Inoue is a fantastic Boxer and in my book one of the best 3 Boxers out there at the minute in any division.
    Don’t really want to say p4p, because that’s all bollocks really.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I really like Donaire , but at this stage of his career, a fight with Inoue is a very big ask. I just hope he doesn’t get too battered.
    Inoue is a fantastic Boxer and in my book one of the best 3 Boxers out there at the minute in any division.
    Don’t really want to say p4p, because that’s all bollocks really.
    If this were a prime Donaire, this would be the biggest match up in boxing right now (at least for real fans). Unfortunately, Donaire is way way past his best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire a lamb to the slaughter here

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is going to get horribly beaten up and he's fortunate to have the privilege. Sick game this.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inoue = Prime Mike Tyson, in that you genuinely fear for their opponents. If I was in Donaire's family, I'd be a bit scared at what he's going to be facing.

They better stack the card because the main event will be over under 3 rounds. Anybody who thinks this fight will be competitive is in for a rude awakening.

Inoue is better in literally every aspect. He looks unstoppable right now, fighting like he’s straight out of Dragon Ball Z.

One thing that separates Inoue from other Japanese fighters is he has power in BOTH hands. Even his left hook is probably better then Donaires. He’s able to fight long and short, there's no way Donaire can win.

But it’s a good passing of the torch fight and is probably the biggest fight between two Asian guys that can be made. Maybe if Rungvisai had won against Estrada and moved up to challenge Inoue, but that didnt happen.

Donaire and his team pretty much conceded this fight by agreeing to fight in Japan. This is Donaire's retirement fund but there's a catch, he's gonna have to get the FUG beat out of him by Inoue to get the money. Inoue is a bad mofo.

Carry on Monstering.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 08-12-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't we almost lose Donaire with wbss money problems too? Donaire is one of those fighters where I've gone from really disliking early in career to really respecting him. Guys like that are rare, he's really relaunched himself and if Inoue was ever to experience a monumental upset I'd like it to be Donaire. But, we all know that's not going to happen and it has all the makings of a very brutal ending.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Didn't we almost lose Donaire with wbss money problems too? Donaire is one of those fighters where I've gone from really disliking early in career to really respecting him. Guys like that are rare, he's really relaunched himself and if Inoue was ever to experience a monumental upset I'd like it to be Donaire. But, we all know that's not going to happen and it has all the makings of a very brutal ending.
    I feel the same about Donaire. I wasn’t a fan of his at all during his prime and was happy when Rigo beat him. I actually root for him now at the end of his career

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I feel the same about Donaire. I wasn’t a fan of his at all during his prime and was happy when Rigo beat him. I actually root for him now at the end of his career
    I have always been a fan of his and loved that left hook. I was gutted he was beaten by Rigo but he has re-invented himself and was a class act when he fought against Frampton over here. Came across as a real good and genuine guy.

You never know he could pull this off, Inoue may slip and break his neck.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire will be another brutal victim of Monster Inoue. Imagine that Donaire remained in bantam. He could have ruled. The feather weight was too high. He may have defeated Mares, Yamanaka, Moreno and Santa Cruz

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Yeh I was same and started coming around after the second ko of Vic the Crab . But Donaire was getting his ears boxed early a bit there also.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I don’t understand is there’s a lot of talk about the other WBSS final being off due to financial issues, but nothing with this final. All a bit odd.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No idea how the wbss format works financially or what guarantees the fighters have, but must be that as a standalone fight; Inoue vs Donaire is massive and a sure thing big sell, in Japan especially. With Prograis vs Taylor, the guys might not be getting what they feel they deserve for a big fight, and it could do underwhelming numbers.

Thread Information