Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The "Can We Keep it Civil?" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

You didn't answer the questions ,
    1. why did the black people let white people take over south Africa ?
    The answer is very obvious and I'll answer it on one word

GUNPOWDER

Marco Polo brought it back to Europe and whites started using it to kill people with.

For most of history northern European whites military tactic was to grease themselves in rancid bear fat with cow and goat butter used in their hair. they were inept and disorganized warriors who got their heads handed to them by the Roman legions at every encounter. Their military strategy consisted of screaming, yelling, shouting, and charging head-on into the Roman archers and phalanx.

It was only after centuries of being defeated and later trained by Romans that the N.European barbarians became more efficient and then gunpowder changed the game because that allowed Europeans to kill people from a distance.

And even having a technological edge does not ensure victory, Americans had the technological edge in Vietnam but still got their asses kicked and that was the inspiration for the white
    supremacy "Rambo"

A white man running around the jungle, using nature, alongside technology to give kill ppl

But this is the difference; European whites have got something going for them that other people don't have going for them to the same extent.

Whites love to kill

In Africa, they generally kill for food. In Europe, they kill for sport.

You have white supremacist who majored in physics and what does he do ?

He think's "well if I cut an an atom in half, which in turn cuts other atoms in half and so on. I can make a nuclear bomb that would kill thousands and thousands"

Who thinks like that ? Fking crazy. The white supremacist thinks like that,

I've watched white people; when I was a kid, on a farm my dad used to take me. When they'd shoot something, they just go crazy, like they were really getting their kicks.
    But nothing on the black poachers huh big D

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    One question big D always avoids is how he treats the white man to his face. If he works does he let his boss know his views? Coworkers? If a white guy holds the door open for him does he say thanks you. Does he shake the white mans hand after making a deal. Just everyday walking around how does he deal with the enemy. It would seem to me if he integrated himself into society giving the white man a smile or “hey my brother” than he is fake. The closest he ever-came to answering the question is that racism is institutional so I guess he doesn’t blame the “white man” he blames “the white men” Iwonder what number is the cut off, is it three white guys or ten. When does brother Big D stop the phony smile to the white man. I avoid brother big D but I have posed this question to him several times and have yet to get any answer outside of the “institutional” thing. Maybe he has done enough research or talked to the Israelites and has finally come up with something.
    Nothing on this @Denilson-The-Comeback
    Last edited by walrus; 08-28-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One question big D always avoids is how he treats the white man to his face.
    You start off by trying to frame the debate and you want to proceed the discussion from the frame you are putting up. That is, racism is a personal thing and this is why why discussions between blacks and whites about racism are often pointless because we are often not talking about the same thing.

To white folks (In the main) racism is seen mostly as individual (saying a slur)

For blacks, it is that too, but typically racism is the experience of systematized discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system. It is the knowledge that one’s entire group is under suspicion, at risk of being treated negatively because of stereotypes held by persons with the power to act on the basis of those beliefs..

To whites, it's purely personal. This is why all of your questions below about racism are about how blacks and whites interact on a personal level. What has that go to do with systematic racism ?

But these differences make sense I guess. Whites have not been the targets of systemic racism in the USA so it is much easier for u to view the matter in personal terms as you say "One question big D always avoids is how he treats the white man to his face"

If he works does he let his boss know his views? Coworkers?
    Once again - Personal

I'm under a global system of racism and that system creates a dependency on the ppl it shits on. So I do what all blacks and whites do when we interact in the workplace and that's pretend. Black ppl pretend that racism does not exist around whites and whites pretend that racism does not exist. And everything that happens is fluke

Black ppl filling the prisons ? That's a fluke. Black people living in the most socially deprived areas ? That's a fluke. Black ppl getting their brains blown out and the cops walking free ? That's a fluke

And then from this arrangement whites sum up that racism because blacks don't talk about it to them.

Also interaction between whites and blacks at work depends on the position of the white person in relation to the black person. If a black person is a janitor or cleaner or in a lowly position then white people will be SUPER NICE to that black person. "Hey Bob. See the Knicks last night" All that fake sh*t.

Now if a black person is in a superior position to them ? Earns more money than them ? And is ordering them about ?

That's mainly when they have a problem. That's when they go running to the chairman and CEO and snitching.

If a white guy holds the door open for him does he say thanks you. Does he shake the white mans hand after making a deal.
    You don't get a point from me for doing something you should do. If I was to go to prison. I'm pretty sure the guards would be polite but firm to me. So what ? I'm still under that system.

Whites having personal affinity for a black person says nothing about how they view blks as a whole. There were many whites who supported enslavement and segregation as social systems, and yet, managed to conjure personal kindness for individual black people.

Just everyday walking around how does he deal with the enemy.
    When have I said that whites are the enemy ?

It would seem to me if he integrated himself into society giving the white man a smile or “hey my brother” than he is fake.
    You're trying to read my mind. Instead of reading my words.

There has to be humility on the part of white people. They have a lot to answer for and racism won’t go away as long as whites are too afraid to sit down, be honest, and look at why it’s still a problem.

No I don’t mean find a solution as thinking that being nice to a black waitress gets them a medal. I mean genuinely sitting down, looking at themselves and realizing that there’s a whole world out there beyond themselves and their culture, and they don’t have the right to pretend the entire universe was reserved for only them.

Humility.

As long as you view the situation as “angry hateful black ppl" instead of viewing things from a perspective that doesn’t favor the privilege you (deep in side) are too scared to lose, you won’t have that “Kumbaya” you keep asking for.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 08-31-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    One question big D always avoids is how he treats the white man to his face.
    You start off by trying to frame the debate and you want to proceed the discussion from the frame you are putting up. That is, racism is a personal thing and this is why why discussions between blacks and whites about racism are often pointless because we are often not talking about the same thing.

To white folks (In the main) racism is seen mostly as individual (saying a slur)

For blacks, it is that too, but typically racism is the experience of systematized discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system. It is the knowledge that one’s entire group is under suspicion, at risk of being treated negatively because of stereotypes held by persons with the power to act on the basis of those beliefs..

To whites, it's purely personal. This is why all of your questions below about racism are about how blacks and whites interact on a personal level. What has that go to do with systematic racism ?

But these differences make sense I guess. Whites have not been the targets of systemic racism in the USA so it is much easier for u to view the matter in personal terms as you say "One question big D always avoids is how he treats the white man to his face"

If he works does he let his boss know his views? Coworkers?
    Once again - Personal

I'm under a global system of racism and that system creates a dependency on the ppl it shits on. So I do what all blacks and whites do when we interact in the workplace and that's pretend. Black ppl pretend that racism does not exist around whites and whites pretend that racism does not exist. And everything that happens is fluke

Black ppl filling the prisons ? That's a fluke. Black people living in the most socially deprived areas ? That's a fluke. Black ppl getting their brains blown out and the cops walking free ? That's a fluke

And then from this arrangement whites sum up that racism because blacks don't talk about it to them.

Also interaction between whites and blacks at work depends on the position of the white person in relation to the black person. If a black person is a janitor or cleaner or in a lowly position then white people will be SUPER NICE to that black person. "Hey Bob. See the Knicks last night" All that fake sh*t.

Now if a black person is in a superior position to them ? Earns more money than them ? And is ordering them about ?

That's mainly when they have a problem. That's when they go running to the chairman and CEO and snitching.

If a white guy holds the door open for him does he say thanks you. Does he shake the white mans hand after making a deal.
    You don't get a point from me for doing something you should do. If I was to go to prison. I'm pretty sure the guards would be polite but firm to me. So what ? I'm still under that system.

Whites having personal affinity for a black person says nothing about how they view blks as a whole. There were many whites who supported enslavement and segregation as social systems, and yet, managed to conjure personal kindness for individual black people.

Just everyday walking around how does he deal with the enemy.
    When have I said that whites are the enemy ?

It would seem to me if he integrated himself into society giving the white man a smile or “hey my brother” than he is fake.
    You're trying to read my mind. Instead of reading my words.

There has to be humility on the part of white people. They have a lot to answer for and racism won’t go away as long as whites are too afraid to sit down, be honest, and look at why it’s still a problem.

No I don’t mean find a solution as thinking that being nice to a black waitress gets them a medal. I mean genuinely sitting down, looking at themselves and realizing that there’s a whole world out there beyond themselves and their culture, and they don’t have the right to pretend the entire universe was reserved for only them.

Humility.

As long as you view the situation as “angry hateful black ppl" instead of viewing things from a perspective that doesn’t favor the privilege you (deep in side) are too scared to lose, you won’t have that “Kumbaya” you keep asking for.
    Big D you have said numerous times in the past you deal with the white individual differently as racism is institutional. You can’t keep your stories straight. Took a awhile to put that one together though

Thread Information