Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should you throw somebody down the stairs if they call you Fredo?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should you throw somebody down the stairs if they call you Fredo?

Everyone knows CNN is a poor excuse for a news network, but who on earth gets triggered by being called Fredo? Fredo was a gullible, but quite sweet character from The Godfather. Do you think Cuomo would have been more flattered to have been called Sonny or Michael instead? Fredo had his flaws, but really he was the nicest of the brothers. He wasn't a mass murderer, he just had a weakness for women who would take advantage of him. I mean what an insult! It was a very mild jab really, so to flip like that is quite quirky to say the least. And of course Cuomo has for years been slandering and insulting people on live television as that is his 'job'.

What is your view on Cuomo and his meltdown?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should you throw somebody down the stairs if they call you Fredo?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Everyone knows CNN is a poor excuse for a news network, but who on earth gets triggered by being called Fredo? Fredo was a gullible, but quite sweet character from The Godfather. Do you think Cuomo would have been more flattered to have been called Sonny or Michael instead? Fredo had his flaws, but really he was the nicest of the brothers. He wasn't a mass murderer, he just had a weakness for women who would take advantage of him. I mean what an insult! It was a very mild jab really, so to flip like that is quite quirky to say the least. And of course Cuomo has for years been slandering and insulting people on live television as that is his 'job'.

Sorry miles meant to like

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Sorry miles meant to like
    You should be thankful I am not Michael Corleone. The Godfather Part 2 will always be one of my favorite films. It is just so timeless. It is a really great portrait of the Cli......Corleone family.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny Cuomo would deny it, as he was caught in this pic with his brother Michael.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope I see him someday so I can call him Fredo. I wonder if he was drunk, he reminded me of @bffbeaner with that anger

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope I see him someday so I can call him Fredo. I wonder if he was drunk, he reminded me of @bffbeaner with that anger

Oh but he "wasn't angry".

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha, if you were to just put in text form it would read exactly like a Beaner post. Word for word, the same. But of course, it is not angry to use expletives 24 times in a single paragraph. Beanz says he posts like he talks, so it inevitably comes across as a bit angry.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who was thrown down the stairs? Ah good on Cuomo. 2,3 crayon eating douche bags wanna form a rolling troll and confront him with school yard gar'bage. Man stands up for himself, invites them to dance and shuts them down. How is this a problem in the real world except among weenies.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When people talk all that tough shit they usually fall with one punch to the nose or they scream for security. The dudes he was confronting remained calm and cool made him look more like an idiot

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When people talk all that tough shit they usually fall with one punch to the nose or they scream for security. The dudes he was confronting remained calm and cool made him look more like an idiot
    *Calm cool collected trolls. They weren't confronting shat, just stirring it. If anything Cuomo is probably the most honest thing cnn has

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I prefer my news anchors unbiased. CNN currently has a shortage of those.

On the meltdown... hey... he's a man. If he feels he was being offended, I guess he had the right to defend himself. "Fredo" is not the equivalent of the "n-word" for Italians, though. He may have gotten a little carried away there.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    *Calm cool collected trolls. They weren't confronting shat, just stirring it. If anything Cuomo is probably the most honest thing cnn has
    Cuomo as a public figure could have just said 'Look my name is Chris. I am with my family. Could you please just leave me alone?' and then walk away. It's not that hard. Everyone will call him Fredo now. It would be hilarious if guests start calling him it. 'Fredo, I think you are wrong about Trump'. Cue red face, biceps bulging, and trigger alert.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I prefer my news anchors unbiased. CNN currently has a shortage of those.

On the meltdown... hey... he's a man. If he feels he was being offended, I guess he had the right to defend himself. "Fredo" is not the equivalent of the "n-word" for Italians, though. He may have gotten a little carried away there.
    Yeah, Beanz goads me, but the Mr Bean jibe is the least of the triggers. Fredo? Very awkward.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cuomo as a public figure could have just said 'Look my name is Chris. I am with my family. Could you please just leave me alone?' and then walk away. It's not that hard. Everyone will call him Fredo now. It would be hilarious if guests start calling him it. 'Fredo, I think you are wrong about Trump'. Cue red face, biceps bulging, and trigger alert.
    They won't though. Some idiots will make t shirts, the President..ffs ..will boost it up and trolls will run with it etc etc . But ultimately and in the real world the guy is level headed on air and affords and welcomes opinions of all sorts. But yeh dude got heated as he was on his time, his surroundings and hear comes some chuckleheads. It happens. He's said as much and that he went a bit hot. Once dude took his glasses off and brought Cuomos 'brother' into it...come on.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They won't though. Some idiots will make t shirts, the President..ffs ..will boost it up and trolls will run with it etc etc . But ultimately and in the real world the guy is level headed on air and affords and welcomes opinions of all sorts. But yeh dude got heated as he was on his time, his surroundings and hear comes some chuckleheads. It happens. He's said as much and that he went a bit hot. Once dude took his glasses off and brought Cuomos 'brother' into it...come on.
    Yes, he is a very balanced and fair presenter declaring about Clinton that 'We couldn't help her any more than we have. She has gotten a free ride from the media. We are the biggest ones promoting her campaign" and then ever since whining about Trump. Fredo is putting it nicely. He is a stooge and he does what he is told to do. If you think that is balanced or fair, I do not know what to say. The man is a son of a politician and likely has his job because of connections rather than any sense of impartiality.

Thread Information