Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ruiz $9 Million / AJ $60 Million - Ruiz to be stripped of belts

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    The Saudis have pumped a SHITLOAD of dollars into this fight, they're building a brand new outdoor open air arena just for the fight so i reckon the figures are easily about right.

Ruiz would be a fool if he does refuse to fight.
    Do you have a source for this AJ $60m/Ruiz $9m?

The first reports came from twitter, that Saudi Arabia paid Hearn a $40 million site fee (Hearn laughed, saying "we wish").
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Didn't know rematch clauses had purse split agreements in them. That should be negotiable.

I do get it that hearn gave him the shot mind.

If this fight falls through its another major fuck up for the sport.
    I think Whyte turned down the bout against AJ because they were dictating what Whyte would get if he won and there was a rematch which I agree is wrong as your earning/power goes up considerably if Whyte won. These contracts are wrong and unfair.
    Another excuse for refusing the Joshua rematch was they gave Whyte just 13 weeks to train instead of his ideal 14 weeks.

That was his final excuse, anyway.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua feuds with Lennox Lewis, continues embarrassing himself

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-jos...4chiIV6MaGtXyI
    All smiles when winning , true colours shown now things are not 100%.
    Will never cheer for this guy again , I hope Ruiz KOS him again.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not sure what was in the original contract regarding the rematch clause, ruiz may be sat on the shelf fighting in court rather than the ring, i'm sure uncle al will happily try to get wilder in matches to pick up stripped titles
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this the same Lennox Lewis who works for PBC (Al Haymon)? The one who called Joshua a coward? And constantly slates his team, training camp, decisions etc?
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-16-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another twist!

Speaking on Thursday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Warren said: “Eddie has a point that he’s got a contract with him, but he’s got a real problem in saying he’ll be stripped of his titles.

“That’s not up to him at all, the titles belong to the governing bodies.

“The bottom line is, the US State Department advises its citizens not to go to Saudi Arabia for many reasons – the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, human rights issues, they’ve got a long paragraph on torture, cruel and inhumane treatment, women’s rights and it talks about the risk of going to airports where terrorists may attack – that’s all on their official website.

“His own government is telling him his life could be in danger.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talkspo...a-rematch/amp/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another twist!

Speaking on Thursday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Warren said: “Eddie has a point that he’s got a contract with him, but he’s got a real problem in saying he’ll be stripped of his titles.

“That’s not up to him at all, the titles belong to the governing bodies.

“The bottom line is, the US State Department advises its citizens not to go to Saudi Arabia for many reasons – the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, human rights issues, they’ve got a long paragraph on torture, cruel and inhumane treatment, women’s rights and it talks about the risk of going to airports where terrorists may attack – that’s all on their official website.

“His own government is telling him his life could be in danger.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talkspo...a-rematch/amp/
    Interesting. From the article - In the past year, the Middle Eastern nation have delved into boxing, hosting two notable bouts with relative success. The World Boxing Super Series super-middleweight tournament final between Callum Smith and George Groves all went to plan in Jeddah last September, and Amir Khan’s last fight against Billy Dib took place in the same city.

Does anyone know why there wasn't such an outcry over these fights?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The speculation over AJ's money rumbles on, all sorts of experts claiming this and advising him to do that.

Anyone here willing to drop their wage considerably because the last job they did went tits up? Fuck off

Person who's business is to make as much money as possible in a short period of time, tries to make as much money as possible in a short period of time. Shocker.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Ruiz demands private plane for jewelry to Saudi Arabia. Source - FightHype.com

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

It's not Joshua's true colours that are being revealed though is it? Lewis for all his amazing achievements outside of the ring, HAS acted like a clown in being so threatened by a current British Heavyweight. He is shown little class and Joshua could not have acted any more like a gentleman if he had been written as a character in a book. He was more than magnanimous in letting Ruiz take all the credit he was due, and yet now Ruiz is acting like a spoilt brat then people are lining up to rag on Joshua. If they already believe that this one loss will define him, you have to ask yourself, what kind of fan where they anyway.

I know that you were never blind to his faults in the ring but I really do not think AJ has done much outside of it for people to be lining up to make the former champion who put everything on the line. in another country, to a non-mandatory challenger, into some kind of Prima Donna.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Used to be I didn't care who won. Now the more I read the more I'd love for the 2nd fight to end just like the 1st fight or worse.
    I was rooting for AJ to win the rematch destructively because I want the AJ/Wilder fight to happen. But Eddie is such a constant lying dirtbag.... Hard not to root against all his fighters. In the end I will root for AJ, but phony AJ and Eddie make it hard.
    This is what promoters do. It is almost there in the Job description. Arum, King etc were never any different.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bottom line nobody outside of Ruiz, Joshua and their teams gives a shit about any of the shenanigans outside the ring. Who gets paid what... where the fight's held... and so on and so forth. Joshua's a likable guy, but is making a huge mistake by letting others run his show the way they're doing it.... regardless of what the job description says. His image is on the line.... and better to go down swinging in a rematch (or win and redeem himself)... than to be caught up in this (by now predictable in boxing) huge drama show... while the chubby guy across the pond is holding the belts that used to be his. No "shady decisions" here, ala Fury-Wilder, where it's still a matter of opinion who really won that fight. This was a good, old-fashioned beatdown... and by now Joshua should be willing to anything reasonable just for the chance to get Ruiz back in the ring.

Again..... unless he's having doubts.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Did anyone actually read that and think it was a decent bit of 'journalism'?

Seriously?

The heart of the matter is Joshua's comments towards Lewis. Lewis's career as impressive as it is makes no difference whatsoever to what has been said between Joshua and himself. The 'writer' reels off his victims as if it were some right of passage to say what he wants without question or retribution. How dare anyone question Lennox Lewis, he beat Frans Botha

As fine a fighter as he was, Lewis is an awful commentator and boxing observer. Him having a chip on his shoulder over Joshua's career choices, that Lewis hoped at one point would include him is hardly going to add clarity or humility to his comments which have for months, been snide and underhand. Everyone knows it. At least Joshua got to the point and just came out and called him a cunt.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bottom line nobody outside of Ruiz, Joshua and their teams gives a shit about any of the shenanigans outside the ring. Who gets paid what... where the fight's held... and so on and so forth. .
    Oh I don't know about that

'Some' people love it.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Used to be I didn't care who won. Now the more I read the more I'd love for the 2nd fight to end just like the 1st fight or worse.
    I was rooting for AJ to win the rematch destructively because I want the AJ/Wilder fight to happen. But Eddie is such a constant lying dirtbag.... Hard not to root against all his fighters. In the end I will root for AJ, but phony AJ and Eddie make it hard.
    This is what promoters do. It is almost there in the Job description. Arum, King etc were never any different.
    And I hate Arum and King. But you don’t HAVE to be like that. Al Haymon puts on big fight after big fight, I’ve never once heard the man lie. Shelley Finkell, never heard him lie. And so on. There is money to be made without being a scumbag. It’s in the job description because people don’t stand up to it, they smile at Arum while he lies to them, cowards looking for the next interview, losing stories that are right in front of them.

Thread Information