Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ruiz $9 Million / AJ $60 Million - Ruiz to be stripped of belts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Didn't know rematch clauses had purse split agreements in them. That should be negotiable.

I do get it that hearn gave him the shot mind.

If this fight falls through its another major fuck up for the sport.
    I think Whyte turned down the bout against AJ because they were dictating what Whyte would get if he won and there was a rematch which I agree is wrong as your earning/power goes up considerably if Whyte won. These contracts are wrong and unfair.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep. It's like you've got to beat the guy twice to be the big earner. Yet if you lose the rematch you'd be frozen out and no chance of a rubber.

It will be silly money though and ruiz should take it but I'd have a problem accepting less money than AJ. Let alone significantly less which it looks like - though not confirmed.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Yep. It's like you've got to beat the guy twice to be the big earner. Yet if you lose the rematch you'd be frozen out and no chance of a rubber.

It will be silly money though and ruiz should take it but I'd have a problem accepting less money than AJ. Let alone significantly less which it looks like - though not confirmed.
    That would be a tough one, for Ruiz to ask for parity against AJ but no harm in getting a fairer proportion of the crazy money being offered by these billionaires.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone remember the last Matchroom/AJ negotiation that wasn’t a $hit$how?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think that Ruiz is going to accept. He just said that he wanted it to be in the US or Mexico. He wouldn’t turn down that big of payday. He also went into the first fight knowing that in case of a rematch, he has no say in the venue.
    I agree, I think Ruiz wants a bigger slice of the pie and I think he will get it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't quite understand why Hearn and AJ are not bending over backwards to salvage his career and right this wrong . Ruiz knows he belongs and he's been paid and will be paid again, I can't fault him for playing some hardball and glad it sounds like they are opposed to Saudi zzzzzzz Arabia. He also has the options. First thing I thought before the dust settled is he'd be stripped over the politricks at some point.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless of the exact numbers or the math, who someone else here correctly said no one else is privy to......... the underlying fact is this:

How is AJ going to look if his chance to avenge the guy who beat the stuffing out of him goes by the wayside because the parties involved can't come to an agreement?

Shit.... I'd hate to be in AJ's shoes.

El Kabong Guest

Perhaps Hearn & AJ are attempting to buy time so that he can get his mind right If anyone wants the fight immediately it should be Ruiz as he's feeling fully confident after having knocked out AJ. The dragging of the feet in making the rematch happen will PERHAPS deflate Ruiz, maybe allow Ruiz to get a bit full of himself with TV appearances and all, all while AJ focuses and attempts to rebuild his confidence.

AJ (or perhaps it's Hearn) is acting like a pro (in a bad way) he's being cagey with the contract and it could work to his advantage it could also piss Ruiz off. Who needs the fight more? AJ is still a former champion so he's got his brand already and he could build it back without fighting Ruiz again. Ruiz could fight someone else and at the top level he could lose, he could win and not be impressive, his style is a burnout style too AJ's is a long haul style (easier to change into a long haul style at least).

Do I want to see the rematch? Sure! Am I interested in the minuscule details regarding the rematch? Not so much. Business is business AJ is trying to make sure he's paid, if he loses it could be the last fight he ever has (depending on his heart and severity of loss) and Ruiz is trying to get paid likewise.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I was Joshua I'd be telling Hearn to STFU and just get me that rematch.... I want to reestablish my image ASAP. I don't want my lasting impression with my fans to be my getting beaten senseless by the Pillsbury Doughboy.

All of Hearn's headgames are making Joshua look like a wuss.... not exactly an image befitting the former heavyweight champion of the world.

If this lasts too much longer, Ruiz should just say F it, start looking for greener pastures. He's the one with the belts now. Let Team AJ do the groveling.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If I was Joshua I'd be telling Hearn to STFU and just get me that rematch.... I want to reestablish my image ASAP. I don't want my lasting impression with my fans to be my getting beaten senseless by the Pillsbury Doughboy.

All of Hearn's headgames are making Joshua look like a wuss.... not exactly an image befitting the former heavyweight champion of the world.

If this lasts too much longer, Ruiz should just say F it, start looking for greener pastures. He's the one with the belts now. Let Team AJ do the groveling.
    Pure speculation on my part of course....just trying to reason out why he'd take his time. But yeah both guys want that big $$$ next fight is never a guarantee

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky sports news are saying AJ has called Lennox Lewis a clown. Not a good PR move for AJ.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heard that but not sure I believe he'd say that about Lennox.

The truth will out..
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sky sports news are saying AJ has called Lennox Lewis a clown. Not a good PR move for AJ.

AJ's unraveling I tell ya. Maybe Lennox quietly said the same thing I said in my last post.

I don't remember/don't care what the financial/contractual ins and outs were when Lennox got ingloriously knocked out by Rahman and McCall. All I know is Lennox came right back and avenged both losses.

Joshua's letting Hearn speak for him.... he's talked about wanting to get motivated again ....... and he's looking more and more like a wuss on a daily basis.

He should be chomping at the bit and demand Hearn STFU and be a bit more flexible. That is.................... if he really thinks he'll win the rematch.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe AJ is done , he will have a few wins for sure. Any fighter with a good chin will now just go for AJ, he isn't sound around the whiskers.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua feuds with Lennox Lewis, continues embarrassing himself

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-jos...4chiIV6MaGtXyI

Thread Information