Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

People can critique Tyson’s career. But Wilder has beaten literally NOBODY! When he was World Champion, he was calling out a novice called Joshua! Not even British champion at the time.
    When Tyson was World Champion, I can’t remember him calling out Gary Mason ffs.
    Give Tyson 6 months focused training and he’d fucking beat Wilder now!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

Tyson beat some great fighters but never overcame adversity in the ring to pull off a win. I'm trying to think of another multiple defence heavyweight champ I can say that about?

Ruddock fights are only ones I can think of that came close to that - he won but things weren't all going his way during the fight, was never in any trouble mind. Hell of a long time since I've seen those fights mind.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    People can critique Tyson’s career. But Wilder has beaten literally NOBODY! When he was World Champion, he was calling out a novice called Joshua! Not even British champion at the time.
    When Tyson was World Champion, I can’t remember him calling out Gary Mason ffs.
    Give Tyson 6 months focused training and he’d fucking beat Wilder now!
    Sure he would. Can never have an honest conversation about Mike Tyson,,, the focused Zab of the heavyweight division.
    (Not saying the conversation is dishonest because of you, saying every Mike Tyson conversation is dishonest. I appreciate it though, I won a LOT money on people thinking Tyson was something he wasn’t. Great athlete, fragile fragile man)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike would break Wilder in half and use his legs as tooth picks I want to be Mikes friend, smoking $40 thousand worth a month in weed

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    "The only two HOF-amers Tyson fought"

Spinks was a great LHW , and this 39 year old Holmes lost to the said great LHW previously.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Lets keep in mind that he was also a shell of himself when he fought Holyfield and Lennox. No head movement, no trainer that knew his system and was doing hard drugs most of that time and looking for a way out.

He didn't get popped for weed while driving around and buzzed by a flabby frenchman, or chubby heavyweight while enjoying a 4-7+ inch reach advantage and flailing cuffs. Easy to talk trash when your in an era of subpar heavyweights.
    While this may be true, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he made bad choices and lost fights because of it.
    Oh i'm not saying mikes not at fault or didn't lose to those fighters. Its already been disproved above that the statement that he never fought anyone is beyond ridiculous. For wilder to be beating up mascots and making ridiculous statements like that only shows how delusional he is about the impact of wins over ortiz and a returning fury. What round does unified tyson take out Ortiz? or even get hit by Fury? At the same time does wilder make it past ruddock, or most of the guys that finished the fights with Tyson on their feet? I'm not even sure he beats holmes.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Spinks was a great LHW , and this 39 year old Holmes lost to the said great LHW previously.
    They're still better than anyone Wilder fought

El Kabong Guest

Anyone going to comment on AJ's "I don't respect Lennox Lewis" comment?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we have in the other thread and think at best he had made a bad PR move and worst lost his mind and given up on winning back the titles.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis can say hey, one brick from a dark alley caught me cold. One and done..as is said it has happened and will continue to. Joshua can say hey..I was hit by the exact same punches over and over, made zero adjustments, couldn't capitalize on a dropped fighter and proceeded to be thoroughly dismantled. And apparently I can't carry the gumshield of Lennox when it comes to fighting on the backfoot . I dunno maybe that's unfair. But AJ didn't respect Andy Ruiz either so.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Which version of Tyson would Wilder actually beat?

Pre Douglas or Post Douglas?

Wilder fought Fury at his worst and still had a draw..Wilder has to smoke Fury in February to have any chance of backing up these words.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Which version of Tyson would Wilder actually beat?

Pre Douglas or Post Douglas?

Wilder fought Fury at his worst and still had a draw..Wilder has to smoke Fury in February to have any chance of backing up these words.
    Wilder has the size to do anything he'd want to Mike Tyson....a lot of fighters had that and only that and a lot of them lost. If Wilder were to let Tyson in on him then it's all over those long arms become a hindrance rather than a benefit and Tyson's headmovement, low center of gravity, and quick hands end that night real quick.

I've never seen Wilder win a fight always staying at distance.

I think Wilder vs Shavers is the hypothetical everyone would want to see ....but power vs power doesn't always work out like we fans want it.

I think on skill Mike Tyson is head and shoulders above Wilder. Tyson had his style, people can see, understand, and imitate what he did in the ring....Wilder just looks like a MMA fighter when he's throwing the hands that is kind of impressive on it's own to be honest.

i'd still say Tyson by KO because that dude could take a shot and stay right in there...Wilder He reminds me of Paul Williams a bit, just raw, still RAW as a fighter...imagine if he had a damn gameplan that he followed...(I don't know if he just goes out there and throws the hands, but it seems like that's what he does).

Thread Information