Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,641
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2808
    Cool Clicks

    Default Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    The only two HOF-amers Tyson fought whopped his arse, Holyfield twice and Lennox.



    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,463
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2149
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    He has a point.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,053
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2966
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    "The only two HOF-amers Tyson fought"





    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,191
    Mentioned
    1440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2684
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Wilder has fought how many HoF himself?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,901
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1622
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Holmes was past his prime, but................ rarely have I enjoyed a beatdown more than this one. Made me an instant Tyson fan.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,053
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2966
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder has fought how many HoF himself?
    1


    Charlie Zelenoff in an exhibition



    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Holmes was past his prime, but................ rarely have I enjoyed a beatdown more than this one. Made me an instant Tyson fan.
    Past his prime? He still beat Mercer after that and gave Holyfield hell sooooo
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,901
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1622
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Well.... he was nearly 40 and did have the dubious distinction to have lost twice to a blown-up light heavyweight just before the Tyson fight.

    Not saying he was totally washed up.... only that he was beyond his prime. I think his prime was late 70's early 80's.

    Having said that, beating the undefeated Mercer was definitely a late career achievement.

    Still...... past his prime or not..... I was elated to see Tyson tear him a new one.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,703
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    363
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    I agree that Tyson lost to his best competition. He was still a great fighter but didn’t beat anybody great.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,191
    Mentioned
    1440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2684
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    How long would Wilder last against Mike Tyson?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,366
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    773
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Lets keep in mind that he was also a shell of himself when he fought Holyfield and Lennox. No head movement, no trainer that knew his system and was doing hard drugs most of that time and looking for a way out.

    He didn't get popped for weed while driving around and buzzed by a flabby frenchman, or chubby heavyweight while enjoying a 4-7+ inch reach advantage and flailing cuffs. Easy to talk trash when your in an era of subpar heavyweights.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

    Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    This is like Pee Wee Herman criticizing DeNiro as an actor. 1 win over Ortiz does not a legend make. Shoot I'm not so sure Wilder beats Tony Tucker for starters.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,703
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    363
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Lets keep in mind that he was also a shell of himself when he fought Holyfield and Lennox. No head movement, no trainer that knew his system and was doing hard drugs most of that time and looking for a way out.

    He didn't get popped for weed while driving around and buzzed by a flabby frenchman, or chubby heavyweight while enjoying a 4-7+ inch reach advantage and flailing cuffs. Easy to talk trash when your in an era of subpar heavyweights.
    While this may be true, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he made bad choices and lost fights because of it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,053
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2966
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is like Pee Wee Herman criticizing DeNiro as an actor. 1 win over Ortiz does not a legend make. Shoot I'm not so sure Wilder beats Tony Tucker for starters.
    Meeeeeeh


    I think Paul Ruebens (PeeWee) is actually a good actor See him as Derek Foreal in Blow) DeNiro is kind of a one note Johnny now'a'days "Aye look at me, I'm an Italian tough guy, fuggedaboutit"
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is like Pee Wee Herman criticizing DeNiro as an actor. 1 win over Ortiz does not a legend make. Shoot I'm not so sure Wilder beats Tony Tucker for starters.
    Meeeeeeh


    I think Paul Ruebens (PeeWee) is actually a good actor See him as Derek Foreal in Blow) DeNiro is kind of a one note Johnny now'a'days "Aye look at me, I'm an Italian tough guy, fuggedaboutit"
    We all know you just despise his politics don't over think an analogy . They don't compare role wise.

    But have to ask for all the stick Tyson gets for beating a washed up Holmes...isn't this the same washed up Holmes who came back to compete with and beat a top heavyweight at the time. What's with the disrespect and throwing shade from these young heavies today. First AJ and now Wilder fresh off a draw he lost ffs hating on legends. It's delusional.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,053
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2966
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    We all know you just despise his politics don't over think an analogy . They don't compare role wise.

    But have to ask for all the stick Tyson gets for beating a washed up Holmes...isn't this the same washed up Holmes who came back to compete with and beat a top heavyweight at the time. What's with the disrespect and throwing shade from these young heavies today. First AJ and now Wilder fresh off a draw he lost ffs hating on legends. It's delusional.
    Actors, artists, whoever if their work is more than them jamming their politics down your throat I'm good with it. I don't mind DeNiro at all, I think like Pacino when he was younger he was more versatile as an actor Christopher Walken too...I like all those guys work. I think right now DeNiro is just his name recognition and the "I'm a grumpy Italian wiseguy" schtick.


    I'll also take this time to remind you....all Wlad ever did was show respect and class



    Heavyweights today are just insecure, they feel they need to big up themselves to get more eyes on them. Do it in the ring and the eyes will follow.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-01-2019, 04:53 PM
  2. Evander Holyfield: "Mike Tyson Took Steroids"
    By THE PHILOSOPHER in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 05:23 PM
  3. Mike Tyson on "Why Jesus reigns supreme!"
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 09:13 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 07:06 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 12:39 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing