Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

The only two HOF-amers Tyson fought whopped his arse, Holyfield twice and Lennox.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

He has a point.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Wilder - "Mike Tyson never beat anyone. Disagree? You know shit about boxing"

"The only two HOF-amers Tyson fought"

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has fought how many HoF himself?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes was past his prime, but................ rarely have I enjoyed a beatdown more than this one. Made me an instant Tyson fan.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder has fought how many HoF himself?

Charlie Zelenoff in an exhibition

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Holmes was past his prime, but................ rarely have I enjoyed a beatdown more than this one. Made me an instant Tyson fan.
    Past his prime? He still beat Mercer after that and gave Holyfield hell sooooo

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well.... he was nearly 40 and did have the dubious distinction to have lost twice to a blown-up light heavyweight just before the Tyson fight.

Not saying he was totally washed up.... only that he was beyond his prime. I think his prime was late 70's early 80's.

Having said that, beating the undefeated Mercer was definitely a late career achievement.

Still...... past his prime or not..... I was elated to see Tyson tear him a new one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that Tyson lost to his best competition. He was still a great fighter but didn’t beat anybody great.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How long would Wilder last against Mike Tyson?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets keep in mind that he was also a shell of himself when he fought Holyfield and Lennox. No head movement, no trainer that knew his system and was doing hard drugs most of that time and looking for a way out.

He didn't get popped for weed while driving around and buzzed by a flabby frenchman, or chubby heavyweight while enjoying a 4-7+ inch reach advantage and flailing cuffs. Easy to talk trash when your in an era of subpar heavyweights.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is like Pee Wee Herman criticizing DeNiro as an actor. 1 win over Ortiz does not a legend make. Shoot I'm not so sure Wilder beats Tony Tucker for starters.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Lets keep in mind that he was also a shell of himself when he fought Holyfield and Lennox. No head movement, no trainer that knew his system and was doing hard drugs most of that time and looking for a way out.

He didn't get popped for weed while driving around and buzzed by a flabby frenchman, or chubby heavyweight while enjoying a 4-7+ inch reach advantage and flailing cuffs. Easy to talk trash when your in an era of subpar heavyweights.
    While this may be true, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he made bad choices and lost fights because of it.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is like Pee Wee Herman criticizing DeNiro as an actor. 1 win over Ortiz does not a legend make. Shoot I'm not so sure Wilder beats Tony Tucker for starters.
    Meeeeeeh

I think Paul Ruebens (PeeWee) is actually a good actor See him as Derek Foreal in Blow) DeNiro is kind of a one note Johnny now'a'days "Aye look at me, I'm an Italian tough guy, fuggedaboutit"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Meeeeeeh

I think Paul Ruebens (PeeWee) is actually a good actor See him as Derek Foreal in Blow) DeNiro is kind of a one note Johnny now'a'days "Aye look at me, I'm an Italian tough guy, fuggedaboutit"
    We all know you just despise his politics don't over think an analogy . They don't compare role wise.

But have to ask for all the stick Tyson gets for beating a washed up Holmes...isn't this the same washed up Holmes who came back to compete with and beat a top heavyweight at the time. What's with the disrespect and throwing shade from these young heavies today. First AJ and now Wilder fresh off a draw he lost ffs hating on legends. It's delusional.

El Kabong Guest

We all know you just despise his politics don't over think an analogy . They don't compare role wise.

But have to ask for all the stick Tyson gets for beating a washed up Holmes...isn't this the same washed up Holmes who came back to compete with and beat a top heavyweight at the time. What's with the disrespect and throwing shade from these young heavies today. First AJ and now Wilder fresh off a draw he lost ffs hating on legends. It's delusional.
    Actors, artists, whoever if their work is more than them jamming their politics down your throat I'm good with it. I don't mind DeNiro at all, I think like Pacino when he was younger he was more versatile as an actor Christopher Walken too...I like all those guys work. I think right now DeNiro is just his name recognition and the "I'm a grumpy Italian wiseguy" schtick.

I'll also take this time to remind you....all Wlad ever did was show respect and class

Heavyweights today are just insecure, they feel they need to big up themselves to get more eyes on them. Do it in the ring and the eyes will follow.

Thread Information