Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worrying Ricky Hatton video emerges of retired boxer staggering around bar

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Worrying Ricky Hatton video emerges of retired boxer staggering around bar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    #PrayForRicky
    Do we need a crowd funding page ?
    Hatton used to get pissed like that when he was still boxing.
    Yes, and it shortened his career. And later it will shorten his life. But dismiss it, facing it is hard. So let’s all be soft and let the man die, let’s pat him on the back while he does it and then say RIP such a shame when he’s gone.
    He is a grown man who can seek help any times he wants it.
    Is this supposed to be an argument against what I said? It’s not true, it’s not how addiction works. But more than that it doesn’t refute a word I said.
    I know more than most what I'm talking about on the subject of drinking. Hatton is what he is and does what he chooses
    Attached Images
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Worrying Ricky Hatton video emerges of retired boxer staggering around bar

Depression hit him (Hatton) after his loss to Pacquiao, he went on a cocaine binge and was fooling with some hookers. He can't keep his weight in check either. I hope he doesn't do anything stupid. I heard he knocked out his own father, they stopped speaking because of it. They were so close.

Funny thing is, from the outside, he looks settled. He's managing fighters, he has his own gym, he's got his trainers licence and he's been the main man in a few fighters corners for a few years now. He'll probably be in Fury's corner (albeit he'll be playing second fiddle to Ben Davidson) against Wilder but that's the thing, that's his saviour because if he wasn't training and managing fighters I think he'd end up like Scott Harrison.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Hatton reassures fans after he was filmed falling over in Tenerife

Ricky Hatton has moved to reassure his fans after a video emerged of him falling over whilst partying on holiday.

In the clip, which began circulating on social media earlier this week, former Boxing champion Ricky, 40, can be seen pulling his t-shirt over his face baring his chest.

'The Hitman', from Hyde, Tameside, then stumbles backwards onto the floor seemingly disorientated and has to be helped up by pals.

It led to many becoming worried for the welfare of the former two weight world champion, who has previously spoken about his battle with depression and alcohol and drug abuse.
    However he last night moved to reassure his legion of fans that he was fine, and in good spirits.

In a post on Twitter he described some of the reports had emerged since as "c**p."

And he said: "Just a message to my friends and fans as I'm sure they might be concerned.
    "I went to Tenerife for 10 nights. Went out 6 nights, stayed in 4 nights. Had my girls for 2 days and spent the vast majority with my whole family. Look on my insta.

"It just so happens I fell on my a**e p***** one night. Jesus who hasn't done that on holiday?
    "I used to fall on me a**e every night. Need to get rid of that belly though. All good. The hitman."
    Hatton is a regular visitor to the Spanish Canary Island and has posted numerous pictures on his Instagram page with members of his family including his brother Matthew, also a former professional boxer, and his parents Ray and Carol.

Earlier this month he sat down and spoke to the Manchester Evening News about his issues with his mental health and how he healed the well documented rift with his parents.

"Ultimately when I fell out with my parents, I hit rock bottom. I didn't care whether I lived or died to be honest with you" he said.

"I was always very depressed, even when I was a youngster. And then I had loads of success at boxing and then I didn't. First time I had my defeat, it was very hard to come to terms with.
    "I had a few personal problems as well, I fell out with my trainer, fell out with my mum and dad. Then I had a couple of wins so my confidence was back up, then I had another defeat and my confidence was back down.

I used to go to the pub then I'd be 'whey' and people would say 'Rick's in, he's a good lad'. It's when you are at home and you wake up in the morning. When I was at home on my own it was f***ing horrible. I'd sit in the house and start crying.

"If I hadn't fallen out with my mum and dad I don't think I would've been as stupid to do that. I didn't care whether I lived or died. So I wasn't looking over my shoulder like I'd have done in years gone by."
    Ricky won world titles at both light welterweight and welterweight earning himself an unprecedented legion of fans.

His crowning glory when he forced pound-for-pound star Kostya Tszyu to retire on his stool in a legendary contest at the Manchester Arena in 2005.

However his career began to slide after high-profile defeats to Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas in 2007 and 2009 respectively.

He now has his own gym in his hometown of Hyde and trains a number of Boxers as well working in the corner for Mancunian heavyweight star Tyson Fury.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsm...cid=spartandhp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could very well be true. You get stupid drunk on occasion and a camera happens to grab you. It doesn’t define your life. There also could be something else going on if so the only people who can really do anything are his family, friends and of course himself.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The combination of camera phones and social media have fukked up more lives than most people imagine.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did he fall out with his parents?

And what happened to that lass he was engaged to. Jennifer or something.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information