3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG vs Derevyanchenko on Oct 5 @ MSG - DAZN/Sky Sports

Didn't think as good as Spence-Porter but knowing the result always takes the edge of fights. I thought Golovkin won (few pts). Like the Jacobs fight, I was left thinking if only Dere could "crack." Dere, as he showed against Jacobs, is a handful for anyone at 160.

Golovkin is definitely seeing father time (afterwards his manager/Eddie said he was sick all week, whether or not is irrelevant)... who remembers him ever complaining about low blows/fouls? Tick tock.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Didn't think as good as Spence-Porter but knowing the result always takes the edge of fights. I thought Golovkin won (few pts). Like the Jacobs fight, I was left thinking if only Dere could "crack." Dere, as he showed against Jacobs, is a handful for anyone at 160.

Golovkin is definitely seeing father time (afterwards his manager/Eddie said he was sick all week, whether or not is irrelevant)... who remembers him ever complaining about low blows/fouls? Tick tock.
    Last night was proof that Canelo/GGG shouldn’t happen. GGG is getting old and has had his chance against Canelo. Also it proves that they should both be fighting other guys, instead of holding the division to ransom.
    Have to say that the crowd showed a serious lack of class the way they booed all the way through his interview.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He was waiting and waiting an entire minute of rounds
    he was taking turns. when derevyanchenko was punching, golovkin was not punching. just waiting for his turn.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 7-5 Golovkin who was hurt with body shots and looked one paced throughout the fight.

Derevyanchenko was tough and smart by fighting close to Golovkin negating triple G's power.

I do not think he can "beat" Canelo now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo will probably call him out now, emboldened by the cracks in the dam. Kind of like the vulture waiting for the carcass to stop moving.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m surprised that GGG winning isn’t a bigger deal. Like I said, I wouldn’t call it a robbery, but Derevyanchenko should have won as much as GGG should have beat Canelo in both fights. Other than round one with the knockdown, there was no clear round for GGG. There were at least 5 clear rounds for Derevyanchenko. I feel like you would have to really try to give it to GGG for him to win the fight

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I agree that a Canelo fight is probably a bad idea now. I don’t think that GGG was even at his best when he fought him before. Especially now. GGG won’t be able to handle it anymore.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I’m surprised that GGG winning isn’t a bigger deal. Like I said, I wouldn’t call it a robbery, but Derevyanchenko should have won as much as GGG should have beat Canelo in both fights. Other than round one with the knockdown, there was no clear round for GGG. There were at least 5 clear rounds for Derevyanchenko. I feel like you would have to really try to give it to GGG for him to win the fight

The bigger name gets the nod.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a struggle for sure. For me GGG landed the more effective blows, but for the 1st minute of many rounds was being swarmed and pushed back and in all honesty not doing much at all. You would think he would look to counter but just too slow and not triggering. On his own terms he did fine and came back, but that was an old GGG.

Maybe a rematch if he really was sick, but it now looks as though he has avoided Jacobs and went for Canelo again as it paid. I am not sure how into this GGG is anymore or if his body is too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Wasn't nearly as good as Spence-Porter which was two guys at the top of their game going at it non stop for twelve rounds. It was only competitive because Golovkin isn't the same fighter anymore. He's going to agree to whatever terms Alvarez offers and take his lumps, he's resigned to it. You could see it in his eyes and with what he was saying when he was interviewed. All he's thinking about now is getting every dollar available in that contract he signed. He knows he's on the way down now.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i had ggg winning a close one. mileage is showing. wouldn't mind a rematch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If GGG can’t get Canelo a deal is in place for him to face Kamil Szeremeta, if you are wondering who that is, he is a boxer. Don’t bother looking up his fights, there are none of note. GGG gonna GGG, not a rematch with the deserving Derevyanchenko, not a rematch with the deserving Jacobs, not Andrade who he told face to face he would fight, we know he will never fight Charlo. No, he’s looking to fight Kamil f’n Szeremeta. And he has a mandatory excuse for the apologists to use.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    If GGG can’t get Canelo a deal is in place for him to face Kamil Szeremeta, if you are wondering who that is, he is a boxer. Don’t bother looking up his fights, there are none of note. GGG gonna GGG, not a rematch with the deserving Derevyanchenko, not a rematch with the deserving Jacobs, not Andrade who he told face to face he would fight, we know he will never fight Charlo. No, he’s looking to fight Kamil f’n Szeremeta. And he has a mandatory excuse for the apologists to use.
    GGG isn’t in a point of his career to where he can take these fights. They are pointless at this point. I have no interest in him fighting anybody who isn’t a top guy. As you pointed out, he has multiple people to pick from that would be more than happy to fight him. I would even be alright with Murata at this point. I was a fan of his until he let Canelo dictate his career. He chased money. I can’t blame him but he lost a fan in doing so.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    GGG isn’t in a point of his career to where he can take these fights. They are pointless at this point. I have no interest in him fighting anybody who isn’t a top guy. As you pointed out, he has multiple people to pick from that would be more than happy to fight him. I would even be alright with Murata at this point. I was a fan of his until he let Canelo dictate his career. He chased money. I can’t blame him but he lost a fan in doing so.

Yeah, I'll add my voice to the chorus. Defending GGG at this juncture is pointless. He whored himself out to Canelo, pure and simple. Canelo no longer needs him, unless it's to make some good bucks knocking him out (GGG is getting older.... Canelo's been there, done that). History will forever link GGG with the Canelo fights, and yes...... it is impossible to ignore the many fights he should've had. What a turnaround in a negative sense.

Thread Information